The 2023 ganking is good (or Ebil) megathread

I laughed my ass off when the Honeybrights ganked me in my safespot when I was watching them gank a miner on d-scan.

You can’t take a loss personally. It’s just a videogame. If you’re getting tushy-troubled over loosing a pixilated spaceship, this is the wrong game for you.

2 Likes

We get that often. Average player that doesn’t know anything about ganking, comes here after losing a ship to gankers and claims that:

• ganking is too easy
  • ganking is too profitable
  • ganking doesn’t take skill

And so they demand nerfs.

There are two very wrong ways about this mentality.

First of all, they cannot accept it is their fault. They always use some excuse why they died, it was bug, it was cheating, mechanics are flawed etc. etc. Personally when I lose a ship (aside of ganking where it is count with) I always think about where did I make mistake and what could I do differently to avoid that. These players never do that, they keep mining AFK while doing something else and expect CCP to alter the game so they never lose their ship again.

Second, if this was all true, why the hell aren’t they ganking as well? If it is that easy and profitable, why do they mine hours to earn lousy 100mil when they can gank 1bil Tayra easily and on demand anywhere in highsec?

1 Like

This, right here is quite possibly the best advice for learning and growing oneself in the way of EvE Online.

Omg. I have no problem with pvp or piracy. It is in history, which is why i play appropriate games that enable me to entertain the animal in our genetics. I suppose you also believe that projectile weapons will exist in the distant future, which are nothing more than an improved fkn rock. Go the cave people. Let alone loosing long distance propelled explosives!? Lol I didn’t mind paying a minimal amount of coin to enjoy the pretty graphics and sounds, though 80% of the sounds would be non existent. But hey, if it entertains the masses, excellent. And apart from those simplistics, believing humankind is not going to be manipulated through their genetics to improve our chances of overall space faring survival, is akin to believing we’re going to keep throwing rocks. Then we had the goblin king of CODE trying to further justify parasites existing in the distant future. The only time in life a parasite is accepted is when it is mutually beneficial to the host. How is the aided destruction of life, purely for a laugh, of any benefit to evolution and eventual perfection? I’m not trying to upset your entertainment, just disturbed at the lack of progress and logical thought. Enjoy. Peace. :sunglasses:

Wow, calm down miner.

Try a paragraph.

2 Likes

That’s not a parasite. That’s called a symbiont.

1 Like

I think to become a ganker requires something like liquid courage! Yes?

1 Like

So, i suppose people like you also believe that the goblin kings carry ons terrorising harmless players like miners, just because one of them complained, is a part of the future!? Really? Well, how about similarly, someone kicks your door in, takes a ■■■■ on your face and then tells you to say fkn thankyou and be respectful? And then tells you that you hafta pay for that ■■■■, cause it took 3 days to brew. Or, then pick on your friends. Is that your mentality? Human, i almost certainly guarantee that ‘Lucy’ had far greater aspirations for human kind than the apparent majority of modern humans. Where did we go wrong? Use your senses. Not too difficult to figure out. If you wish to continue this avenue, sure, you’d do well holding hands with the goblin king a few hundred years ago, when setting fire to people was okay, for not doing as you say or following your path. I honestly feel sorry for you. I know who you support… i’m disappearing for a few more years. Hopefully for good. I really don’t think much is going to improve in my time. Very sad. Keep throwing your rocks. :roll_eyes:

It seems you are unable to distinguish between a video game and reality. That is common between gank-haters and it can even prove to be fatal. So care.

Also please calm down, your post is soaking with aggression and anger.

2 Likes

We’re married?

Like, hello.

OMG you told me you were single…

1 Like

Eve Online ain’t Star Trek.

It’s a place where immortal gods lose sight of their humanity and take pleasure in death, ignore the death of their crew, hunt, lie, deceive, backstab, make promises, renege on them, steal, loot, kill, and throw insults — and that’s just in High Sec. The story and history of Eve online from a lore perspective is incredibly dark, full of the wretched, the evil, genocides, liars, suicide bombing terrorists, freedom fighters, torture, death, re-animation, cloning gone wrong, you name it.

That newbie that loses a ship to NPCs? He didn’t care that he just killed off his crew. Even if they know, would they care? Nope. And that’s the starting point.

Good luck with your moral crusade in-game, you white knight.

Most adults can tell the difference and carry the distinction between real life and fantasy.

3 Likes

I see that:

I suppose you believe in the Teletubbies.:grinning:

In space… :laughing: I think you need to cut down and the Puff-puff.

Calm down. It’s a game. Amarrians have lazers and other neat futuristic f-ZAPP!

I think that’s the reason of your rant: the price.

Then why do you complain if it’s excellent?

You’re right, don’t believe that, it’s a simplistic view of our future. Who told you to believe that?

But you’re not against PvP :sweat_smile:

That’s a symbiote. Even cavemen knew that.

Good question, ask George Soros and Bill Gates, I’m curious what they have to say on that particular.

No, you’re just trying to destroy it.

What you should really be disturbed about is your reaction to the game.

I always do :smiley:

السلام عليك :smiley:

1 Like

I have no idea what you are going on about.

All I did was correct your lack of biological knowledge by giving you the correct term. What does terrorism have to do with that?

In fact, what does terrorism have to do with playing eve? It’s a videogame mate. And if you are collapsing RL with the antics people do in a fictional setting then you shouldn’t be playing these games.

2 Likes

OMG yes. I mean the other day I was playing chess and I realised that my knight symbolized some guy on a horse with a long skewer he’s impaling those poor enemy pawns on. The horror ! I immediately wrote to the United Nations demanding that so perverse and animalistic a game as chess be banned as it is corrupting our youth and turning them into psychopaths.

2 Likes

Add 5 or 6 seconds to that if concord already having some fun.

While the gankee gets 120,000 times longer in which to exercise a kill right yet still complains that its all unfair.

2 Likes

My word. So much fulminating in this thread. I get that no one likes to be ganked (or if you do, I won’t kink shame), but the potential gankee can take several measures to greatly reduce risk. My toons run around doing illegal stuff all week (Orca mining, mission running, Noctis looting/salvaging) and haven’t been ganked in 10 years. Oh yeah the last time was partly the result of going to the commode and leaving my toon afk for slightly too long. I still have a great time in the game while using every means I can think of to avoid the gank. Will it happen again someday? Very likely! I’ll have a laugh and congratulate the industrious ganker. Until then I will continue to play non-AFK and fly what I can afford to lose.

2 Likes

Why I have no idea, it is fun and exciting, makes a change to your boring day. And if you lucky, @Githany_Red and her band of misfits, might arrive to save the day.

2 Likes

You would be more likely to win the lottery while being eaten by a lightning shark.

2 Likes