The 2023 ganking is good (or Ebil) megathread

I dunno about that, but I must say I really don’t like taking part in any combat where I don’t really have a say in the total outcome. If the outcome of some NPC empire war has already been decided independently of what the players actually do…I fail to see the point of taking part. Someone persuade me that players do actually influence the outcome.

1 Like

It’s always important to pay attention to your surroundings when engaged in PVE activities because of the unpredictability and unknown intentions of your fellow capsuleers.

EvE is set in a dystopia future where some individuals have obtained an almost godlike status of immortality and thus have become far removed from humanity. The permanency of death means nothing to them, unlike the small crews that do work on their ships.

2 Likes

Hello forum :smiley:

Hi, sir.
Am I to understand by your statement that EVE ships are crewed, on top of having a clone pilot in a capsule??
I didn’t read that during my off-game online research on the game.
Is it a joke or does lore say as much?

Fifie works alone.

I had always been team Edward!

1 Like

Seeing we are on the same team, do you think you can get me back into teamspeak pleasure palace?

Not sure if the access was revoked as I didn’t say or do anything out of character and it was just a silly misunderstanding between Frostpacker and Safety.

Ship crews

Some more info on ship crews
Scroll down to crews

EvE Chronicle: Hands of a Killer
A CCP story that gives an idea of crew sizes for their ships.

Hope these help.

2 Likes

Dracula’s Dramatic Irony won’t work, you, will need to try harder.
/removed quote as the energy is being drained, my omega status clone is weak from your vampirism alone and soon I must stand in the light to be safe.

1 Like

Cool solution for suicide ganking, make it risky, and allow a counter-mesure, if the player has time ot react, it leaves nothing behind. ( from ChatGPT )

The “Eject-O-Destruct” Module:

The Eject-O-Destruct is a new module that can be triggered by the player,
allowing them to self-destruct their ship and all its cargo instantly.

This module is sold by CONCORD, the in-game organization responsible for maintaining order and security in New Eden.

The technology behind the Eject-O-Destruct was developed through the discovery of yet-unreported alien technology and has been deemed safe for use only by CONCORD.

To maintain control of the damage that could be done from those powerfull explosions,
pre-triggering the device can only be done by the CONCORD’s encrypted detonator exciter, a quantum based encryption system that prevents it’s use outside of CONCORD’s jurisdicion. (only high sec)

Once CONCORD receives a distress signal from a pilot, CONCORD ensures the ejection of personel and that no important structures or systems could be damaged by the explosion.

It then sends the signal key to the detonator exciter.

The module is designed for pilots who find themselves in dangerous situations, where the risk of losing their cargo or valuable intelligence is imminent.

By triggering the Eject-O-Destruct, the pilot can destroy their ship and its cargo in a matter of seconds, leaving nothing behind for their enemies to confiscate.

The module is equipped with an advanced self-destruct mechanism that ensures complete destruction of the ship and its contents, leaving no trace behind.

In terms of lore, the discovery of the alien technology that made the Eject-O-Destruct possible was a turning point in the history of New Eden.
The discovery of this advanced technology sparked new advancements in the fields of propulsion, weapons, and self-destruct systems, and has helped to shape the future of space exploration.

The Eject-O-Destruct is just the first of many innovative products to come from this breakthrough discovery.

OMG, this is brilliant. The shenanigans one can get up to with this is endless.

1 Like

Corrected

Lol…I can see the consequences already. People will self-destruct at the merest hint of gankers in the system, even if the gankers were not actually after them. Even in cases where a ship is genuinely attacked, the destruct system will merely guarantee that a ship is destroyed, whereas it might not otherwise have been. The net result of all this would actually be that more ships would be destroyed.

A griefing module. But hey, it is gwankers, so its fine to grief them, right?

The concept of hypocrisy is beyond the tiny mind of your average carebear.

2 Likes

Carebear or crybear?

If you have a concern with a post, please use the flag post option, and we’ll review it.

No concern here, actually enjoying the thread but thank you for looking out for us.

1 Like

Nothing to be concerned about , he was just overwhelmed by my awesomeness.

2 Likes

More foolish modules…

The countermeasure to ganking is learning how to avoid it in the first place, not some silly module.

Either always make it more expensive for someone to kill your ship (by not carrying so much loot, or by passive tanking very well), or use the align-cloak-decloak-warp method of evasion, which works great for most anything other than a freighter.

Avoid, or take special precautions when traveling through a “pipe” where security ranges between 0.5 and 0.6. Never use Autopilot unless you have nothing to lose.

I can’t tell you how many T1 crap fit haulers I’ve seen wandering through a 0.5 system in a pipe carrying 500+ million without a care in the world. CCP does nothing to educate NEW pilots to the dangers of “secure” space imo, and pretty much everyone either learns the hard way or they have helpful friends that are smart enough to let them know.

3 Likes

1 Like

This can work well from semi afk gate scouts

Could 500million actually be nothing to lose to some?