The 2023 ganking is good (or Ebil) megathread

By clubbing poor ventures and stealing their ore or gas or whatever?

1 Like

What does this have to do with ganking?

Please keep the thread on topic.

Thank you!

:smiling_face:

4 Likes

Sometimes square pegs fit into round holes.

With enough brute force.

But do you think ventures should be completely immune to pvp?

No because they make great cyno trucks

/Besides do all gankers follow the same path with clubbing ventures to get to where they currenty are today? If so then I would never wish that path onto any Capsuleer.

I’ve done my fair share of venture clubbing. And clubbing ventures with ventures. So you tell me?

I see ganking miners as removing competition since we know gankers are miners in disguise.

1 Like

I spend most of my time in high sec doing carebear things, and IMO:
Ganking is an important aspect to the game.
Ganking is an acceptable play style.
Ganking is a core game play mechanic.

Without at least the danger of getting ganked I don’t think I’d play anymore. With ganking I need to be a little tactical when moving my stuff on shipping lanes as opposed to merely autopiloting a freighter. If I want something zero-risk I can just load up X4 Foundations and sell myself meatsteak kahunas.

Complaining about getting ganked in low sec seems ludicrous.

5 Likes

I am wrong and stand corrected with my thinking of a pro ganker would be good at how they do it rather than what they do it to.

/Still strongly towards ganking is not a core game play mechanic.

//

This would be better stated for Nulsec as Lowsec is still Empire Space with GATE GUNS

///

Looking at the competition would not be single Ventures with t1 fits mining Veldspar in highsec systems.

1 Like

I don’t agree with this premise. There are some other core game mechanics (crafting, research, placing non-instant buy/sell orders) in which not everyone participates.

At this point I can’t tell who are the bigger trolls - the gankers or the carebears doing insane mental backflips to justify their laziness and unwillingness to face adversity in a video game fundamentally designed as a highly competitive multiplayer experience. If some of you do this intentionally to get the rest of us riled up - bravo (but also find something better to do, like ship spinning).

1 Like

Let’s see if it brings anything new to the ganking discussion.

There is a role to play here and which ever way that is, this comment is the main goal.

There is nothing new to be brought to the table. Every “discussion” is people who actually understand and appreciate the game and its philosophy vs. people who want to play a completely different game but insist on torturing themselves and whining about this one for reasons that elude me.

You don’t have to be a ganker or even PvPer to understand why ganking adds value and richness to the game. I spent most of my gametime doing pure PvE exploration and had my unarmed exploration ships blown up by pirates many, many times. I not only accepted that as part of the gameplay, I embraced it and had tons of fun learning how to evade hunters, be smart, prepared, and faster than them.

In short, I played the goddamn game and adapted instead of complaining about other players posing a challenge to me and demanding the game to be fundamentally changed because I can’t handle it.

So, to answer OP: ganking is an important aspect of the game, an acceptable play style and a core game mechanic. This isn’t debatable at all, even if some details (like the legality of alpha ganking alts) can be regulated.

8 Likes

The game is changing though, with the safety of alpha clone green status along with tethering. It shows that there are more ways to bring change that can be derived from discussion even it takes all of Y125 there will be more of these debates.

1 Like

Ganking has been excessively nerfed, yet people still demand more.

The current state of ganking would justify 100% loot drops in HS.

1 Like

There is a difference with stating that Destruction is a core game play mechanic. VS Ganking is a core game play mechanic.

/Adding that we don’t need ganking for New Eden Highsec to have destruction.

Triglavian Collective showed us this and perhaps some Concord Collective turns against the Factions?

2 Likes

There is a difference with stating that Destruction is a core game play mechanic. VS Ganking is a core game play mechanic.

I didn’t say “destruction”, I said “ganking”. Even highsec can’t be 100% safe, I’d say that’s one of the core gameplay principles of EVE. Always has been.

Destruction as a whole is way more valuble to Eve Online than Ganking.

We don’t need Ganking! We do need Destruction.

1 Like

We need destruction in highsec, i.e. wardecs and ganking.

1 Like

We do need destruction in highsec, ie wardecs and aggressive npc factions but ganking yeah-nah not so much.

We can change and align our own goals that focus along side their goals from Fanfest were it was stated that Faction War will be the main delivery of Content for the next 2 Years. (something close to that anyhow)

Ganking is a small part of a playstyle were better efforts are needed in actual Faction War,

Ganking could even become locked behind Faction War in Highsec and then become a core playstyle but until then and while we continue to allow gwankers to hide it will never be concidered core game play mechanic.

Ganking is just a Niche as soon as we stop treating it anymore the better.

1 Like