The Argument for War Declaration Changes

NOPE you must be anointed to be king.

Learn history !!!

History is irrelevant in a videogame lol

I’m a King (Queen whatever), and all I see from the community are low-effort victims :sweat_smile:

I still don’t agree there buddy. It is not calculated. It seems a bitter play style.

Calculated would mean doing what I suggest, (drop to NPC, move far away) staying docked will result in the player leaving with the reason for doing so is not being able to be in a corp that operates near a Hub.

I suggest that you take your own advice, most royalty became royalty by wiping out the previous royalty and taking their position.

2 Likes

It is cold and calculated. The objective is to end the war, they don’t want to engage the high SP and bling fit more numerous and neutral RR backed war deckers so they decide that the best thing to do is the time honoured Eve approach which is to not make it fun, by refusing to partake. They want to do their own thing, so it is the best way to clear the war dec, because the war deckers will waste ISK war decking them and they are not logging on, they are not farming kills and there is no attitude there. As far as they can see just another very casual player who hardly logs on.

As I said, it is cold calculated decision making in terms of ending the war dec as soon as possible, if they are lucky they will get a week only. The December change is going to help a lot of people.

Let me take as an example the forum troll Don Arkaral.

You can pay,
You can dismantle the corp,
You can kill more of them than the opposite
You can change areas,

There’s a billion ways to make wars irrelevant when you’re decced lol

Pay, but what does that do, you will get another war dec from someone else because you paid and the war deckers are not exactly honourable, they make ISK from protection rackets and you are now a lemon to be squeezed.

Dismantle the corp, well if you spent all that time and effort in making it, then you watch people drift away because of the war.

Killing them is rather difficult if not impossible for most casual indy players and feeding them kills is what they want.

Moving areas is a lot of hassle for indy corps and doubly difficult during a war.

I hope that you do understand these issues Aaron, but for me these are not an issue at all, nor is it for you but we are not he issue in terms of war decs, but there are many players that have these issues, most notably more casual players.

And the troll comes close to the truth of it here:

I’m a King (Queen whatever), and all I see from the community are low-effort victims :sweat_smile:

What this means is they want easy to farm casual victims and most people do not want to be easy to farm casual victims, so check mate. He is not really playing much because most of the easy kill victims have left the game, which is rather amusing in its own right.

What this means is that we’re better than those crying (like you, predvonica, Salvos, Dryson and co)

We’re already at the top looking further above instead of lamenting like people who need godly intervention to stand a tiny chance :joy:

I have no idea why he is trying to convince me of anything, I have him marked down as a complete loser. But anyway, back to my shiny new game.

2 Likes

Such an objective can motivate the large, dominant groups to suppress others and to deny them their wars. Any competition to let’s say Marmite for example could be stomped by Marmite and render an upcoming PvP group as helpless and doomed to surrender, because of losing their players who cannot take part in warfare, but who have to seek other means to get back into it or find a different activity.

Having a goal is fun, but in EVE is dominance often a goal on its own, where any mechanic is used to reach it. Being able to stop others from waging war would directly play into the hands of the dominant ones.

1 Like

Really, how do you think the first king occurred? Or the first emperor?

How is any authority ultimately enforced?

3 Likes

Ah, someone claiming that other players are sociopaths. I have seen your posts and your gleeful assertion that change is coming which will remove the competitive nature of this game. Looked in a mirror recently?

1 Like

Let me quote from the latest Salvos thread since you also insist on calling me Dom

And as mentioned before, I’m not Dom (as much as I’d like to, he’s a great guy), I’m related irl but that’s more than you need to know :slight_smile:

It’s cute to see how insecure you are when you’re down to the stage of calling people names and such

All is fair in war :wink:

What this means is that we’re better than those crying (like you, predvonica, Salvos, Dryson and co)

We’re already at the top looking further above instead of lamenting like people who need godly intervention to stand a tiny chance :joy:

Jung: First, we plan to support the long-running success of Eve Online and maintain its position as one of the leading sci-fi IPs in the world. We also hope to further our market growth with Eve Online, plans for which we’re not yet ready to announce. Down the line, we are looking to integrate CCP’s extensive development and publishing know-how into the creation of our pipeline of original IP.”

Change is coming! Wardecc changes just the start.

1 Like

Yes, and I was satisfied with what I saw :blush:
You ?

You should raise your standards

3 Likes

That implies that they have any in the first place.

1 Like

I have not read the upcoming changes, but from what I read of your post it don’t sound like it makes much of a difference. A few less small corps get kicked around. Still plenty of pvp to be had…

It’s really simple :

(Edited because I forgot the descriptions)

I like the idea of still keeping a smile on your face and playing Eve how you want to as much as possible, I’m sure it would have given the wardec defender great satisfaction to fly past a war dec camp and wave knowing they can’t freely engage him because he is in an NPC corp.

I get that being NPC isn’t great and you wont get the full features of being in a corp, but it does seem a much better option than remaining docked.

Also, Moving area is not that hard Drac. They could sell everything they own or move their stuff using frog or haul after dropping to an npc corp. Staying docked and then not logging on feels like handing them the victory.

Do you realise your “solution” is actually one of the examples of why people quit? Did you read the CSM notes? Are you even serious? Don’t you think they put as much as they can in a cargo expanded hauler that gets popped by .CODE right at the next gate? I need to screenshot this and get it into a meme. What were we again, the “most smartest” playerbase? sigh

2 Likes

Maybe so buddy, some times it is best to choose the less severe option. Going NPC seems much less drastic than staying docked and eventually quitting. At least you are free to go where you please and you can relax for a while and use it as an opportunity to analyse the game and determine your next move.

This is Eve Online man, It’s a brutal, harsh and unforgiving game and I love it.

I have typed that the haulage value must be limited in order to remain under the gankers radar. If one does not follow this suggestion then they will become a target.

1 Like

Ok now imagine, if you will, a corp getting destroyed.
But imagine different ways.

1. Destroyed by wardecs whereby the only way to play is to not log in. People don’t come back. They drift away. The few die hards - or try hards - who remain will quite corp to another or go NPC.
  2. Destroyed in an actual fight. Wrecked, maimed, headshot (with no scope), PWNED, run off a roof in a wheelchair, you name it. But they put up a fight, took chances together, had some suspense moments, maybe a lucky shot or two.
    Moments they are not likely to forget. They might even have fun.

(Side note: unless the deccing corp puts kills on their own website and mocks their opponents to humiliation with reckless vitriol for the intention of making the entire thing personal, unfun, and degrading, which IMO is something CCP should squash into oblivion with copyright rules)

Now which corp’s members will be coming back? The ones who didn’t play or the ones who played? Even if they lost but took a shot, and the corp disbanded for that, they may still go seek fortunes elsewhere - and with … hold on this might hurt - EXPERIENCE. Oh noez. We can’t have players getting experienced. They need to stay dumb so they can be preyed upon.

Back in 2008 I was in NPC corp still after a long layoff from the game and was watching the texts of 2 people who got ganked in lowsec. Ragequit incoming it seemed so I thought I could help them. I got them into cruisers, fleeted up, and we went into that system to confront the bad guys. If I had the text of the fleet chat it would crack you up. They were so nervous it was endearing. Since we were up against well equipped megathrons we did not win. We did nearly take one out. There were three of them but they only sent one thinking we were just going to run then we sprang on him. A good time was had by all.
Anyway one of them got to be friends with the pirates and learned about lowsec and solo roaming, the other joined the goons. See we didn’t win, but they fought, and stayed to fight again.
That’s the difference.

2 Likes