I am not going to make a statement one way or the other if The Assault LVL4 is still blitzable, but I would like to offer some sample numbers I just encountered. Each of you will need to make a ‘Yay / Nay’ decision on your own.
I pulled out a stopwatch and timed myself running this from clicking ‘Accept’ to clicking ‘Complete.’
A few things to note
- All relevant Nav, Social and Combat skills are maxed (Large turret spec at IV)
- This was the Serpentis version
- This was a same-system mission
- First two gates were unlocked, took 'em right away. There was no extra 3rd spawned pocket in the third room. (I’m not sure why.)
- In the second pocket, I was aligned and activated the gate, but three webs held my speed at 10m / s for like 45 seconds before I actually kicked into warp. If that can be avoided, this can easily be an 8-minute mission if same-system.
Running it took 9 minutes 23 seconds, and I had 15-20 seconds of distraction, so let’s call it 9 minutes even.
Mission payout: 2.17 million ISK
Time bonus: 1.71 million ISK
Bounties: 3.74 million ISK
SoE LP award: 9,467
Let’s be conservative and value the LP at 1,000 : 1 , and call the value 9.47 million ISK.
Total value: 17.09 million ISK
Total time: 9 minutes
Equivalent hourly rate: 113.9 million ISK.
Yep, that’s lower than the long-term hourly rate blitzers have come to achieve, certainly. But it’s not terrible, and certainly helps with a sizable agent standings boost if you’re been unlucky and your standing is now hovering in the danger zone.
The news gets better, though.
If we use a more realistic SoE LP ratio of, say 1,200 : 1, the math works out to 126.5 million / hour. If you assume 1,400 : 1, you get all the way up to an hourly equivalent of 139.1 million, and that is certainly in the ballpark.
Am I personally going to continue to blitz this mission? Probably no - I see myself declining it 9 times in 10.