The Bat Mobile - Vengeance

Today I tackled a Mach for over 12 minutes while under heavy assault from his Cerb buddy. Vengeance fit at end of post.

So I heard there was a Mach going about blapping my friends. So I undocked in the Bat Mobile, a variation of my “dread tackler” that I once posted in these forums as well. I found him a few systems out from where he last blapped my friend. I engaged and so did he.

I got under his guns after taking some serious hits to approach him. Now that I’m under his guns I start popping his drones. His neut activates (no surprise) and I activate the nosferatus to perma run my AB and Hardeners and point. Even grappled his guns can’t touch me. I can’t break his tank and he can’t break mine. I dialed my bat phone to alert the Horde! Naturally our frigates and dessies arrive first…a hostile Cerb enters the fray and swats them like flies…

Now I’m alone again while a grappling Mach deploys more drones and a Cerb is going full RLM on me…but that’s ok, I just pop the drones again and my reactive hardener gives me 93% resists against the Cerb’s damage type. The Cerb switches damage type and I start taking a beating…for about 2 cycles of my reactive hardener before I become virtually immune again. The Cerb keeps switching his damage type (mind you that’s a long relad time on RML’s that’s how I know I was tackling for over 10 minutes) and the Mach deploys a final set of drones…I blap them.

Finally some heavier ships come in and they blap the Cerb…they start attacking the Mach, but his tank still doesn’t fail even with my own rockets finally on him instead of drones. Others that come in to get another scram die…I told them not to lolol…I’m the only one holding a scram on him again for another 5 minutes…finally a manticore and a second orthrus made it to the field and brought him. Cerb pilot comes back in stabbed badger to attempt to loot the Mach…nah…I told my buddies to stop dps on the mach and blap that badger first…that loot is mine.

[Vengeance, The Bat Mobile]

Centii A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Armor Thermal Hardener II
Reactive Armor Hardener
200mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates

Coreli C-Type 1MN Afterburner
Warp Scrambler II
Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 150

Small Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Small Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu

Small Anti-EM Pump II
Small Ancillary Current Router II

EDIT: I noticed that Cerb only had one damage type in cargo hold, I’m guessing he reloaded and my reactive hardener switched back to anti-macherial resists during the very long RLM reload time. I wish I had the combat log for that fight. Seems the Mach died with EMP loaded in his guns which is the complete opposite damage type of scourge missiles.

6 Likes

Cool story. Size doesn’t matter right? At least not in EVE… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

In this case size did matter 37 meter sig radius without implants. Had the effect of minimizing this turret damage to zero and forced him to bring a RLM caracal/cerb to clear me off (which also failed).

For the record I only overheated my AB once during the initial approach (the approach is the most dangerous part of the encounter) and I overheated armor rep too. I overheated armor rep two or three cycles each time the Cerb resumed fire (after his reload/switch).

Did you reload the aar when you saw the rapid lights stop?

Using bling a-type deadspace rep not ancillary. With veng cap bonus and two nosferatus I was able to perma run it under neut pressure with the occasional pulse of my cap booster.

1 Like

Very cool story :slight_smile:
I used to run C2 sites in veng. Such a lovely, tough, little cookie.
I’ll be sure to save that fit and try some shenanigans of my own.

If you want to go all out, like I just did a few days, you can use this fit (about 300mil fit), I tanked 8 maledictions on a gate until my repper was at 75% heat damage before I jumped gate lol. Had I known better I would have scramed and killed two of them before deaggresing.

[Vengeance, The Bat Mobile Redesigned]

Centii A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Armor Thermal Hardener II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Centii A-Type Adaptive Nano Plating

Coreli A-Type 1MN Afterburner
Warp Scrambler II
Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 150

Imperial Navy Small Energy Nosferatu
Caldari Navy Rocket Launcher, Dread Guristas Mjolnir Rocket
Imperial Navy Small Energy Nosferatu

Small Anti-EM Pump II
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Navy Cap Booster 150 x45

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.