The Community Beat for 19 November 2021

Greetings Capsuleers!

The fourth installment of Community Beat is here!

This week we talk about the end of the Alliance Tournament, the new Lore site, a crushing battle report and more.

The Beat is one of our favorite new projects from the EVE Online Community Team to shine a spotlight on things that are going on in the EVE Online Community - both in-game and out. Our aim is to help you discover new parts of the community that you may not have been aware of before.

It was awesome to hear your feedback from the previous , and we look forward to more of that going forward. If you have an upcoming event, or thoughts on what you want to see - let us know!

Until next time,

Fly safe o7

14 Likes

woots

1 Like

<3 Thanks!

1 Like

Tell your IT department that they now have a reason to buy a laser cutter?

1 Like

Thank you for the post.
The blood raider featured PC front panel is the favorite part of this weeks article. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

CCP’s IT department doesn’t need laser cutters but lessons in webdesign. The website still hides big portions of the header picture and I have to zoom in to 200% to see the Gallente and Amarr logos at the top and bottom of the picture. Months after its inception.

REDNES

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed! It’s pretty sweet.

Personally I’m rather fond of my not-very-subtle pun in the battle report title :innocent:

1 Like

Goons and Co convince people bad at math that their rorq nerf was a net all around.

1 Like

A wannabe pvper talking nonsense because * grr goons*
where have i seen that before?

2 Likes

Thank you CCP for the new issue of the Community Beat.

I enjoy seeing how Eve extends to real life in some ways: the engagement, and the PC case. (although I consider Blood Raiders enemies)

It was also cool to see the camera circling animation of the Old Man Star gate. Nice graphics from the game. Thank you.

2 Likes

You mean the Rose Gold Raiders. They have been renamed in honour of the new merch.

Am I the only person whose OCD is triggered by that guy’s cable management?

Please dox him so that I can go to his house and make his cables pretty.

@CCP_Aurora

I find the format of the community beat very good, because it summarizes very well ingame storys and informs about exciting events.

Nevertheless, I am very surprised that a very unusual event, which took place especially on 12.11. and 13.11. at Jita 4.4, has not managed to find mention. Also in the Pulse, the protest that took place there has not been mentioned in anyway.
I would not like to accuse of a certain intention, but since it was about criticism of CCP, it leaves a somewhat strange impression.

1 Like

No mention of the Jita protests? Why am I not surprised?

4 Likes

6000 players meeting in Jita to make a statement and CCP f-ing flags my post complaining that this doesn’t show up in the so called “community beat”?

don’t be so pathetic and start censoring eves history people wtf…

2 Likes

1 Like

You know how it works. They wouldnt include it no matter what.

EVE LDN 2021 - Ushra’Khan perspective

1 Like

They don’t deny the summer of rage happened either?
Nor will we forget so it’s just going to look silly every single time.

To be quite honest, I considered including it but was afraid the format of the beat wasn’t the appropriate place to discuss peoples concerns, due to how brief each section is.

It would have been extra odd if this edition went, “and a bunch of people showed up to protest in Jita! Look at these pretty pictures!” without something of substance to address people’s passionate concerns over why they were there in the first place.

There was more substantial feedback we were compiling that was posted last night, but it wasn’t in time for the pulse/beat and so I made the decision to leave it out.

5 Likes