The cost of suicide ganking is too low

Do you even minerbumping?

2 Likes

No I don’t even know what that means :radio:

Who or what is paying out on those stocks you buy? :ice_hockey:

Content.

This is the last off-topic answer I’m leaving here, lest we derail this thread completely. If you have other questions, please, ask them in a dedicated thread.

1 Like

So I can take zkillboard and compare all the loses and loot drops and get an actuall bussiness chart out of that? :droplet:

You guys on the forum always have the habit to answer the questions for other people like they’re not capable enough to do it them self but not this time? :hole:

Are we all in the same boat? :black_medium_small_square:

Sorry, are you asking me?

All suicide gankers are gankers, this is a truism, but not all suicide gankers are CODE gankers

if professional suicide gankers who must consider isk lost and gained are red squirrels, and the feared army of ‘alpha gankers’ are grey squirrels,

then in my analogy what are the CODE?

Honey badgers?

“'Legend of the African Savannah (High Sec), and the Internet, Honey Badger Don’t care!”

2 Likes

#elitedarkfallpvpgod

#internet samurai never kill noobs

#logical argument = mentalgymnastics

mentalgymnastics2

Am I getting the hang of this yet?

1 Like

None of these words are true in this situation.

2 Likes

Once again the evil ganker in game demonstrates
a high level of maturity and civility in rl discussion

I forgot how to muti-quote again so you get multiposts instead guys sorry

I love the new forums but they confuse me at the same time

Since the thread has slipped into complete inanity from the borderline place it began, I too will begin posting memes:

1zn3nn

6 Likes

5 Likes

OMG that’s hilarious! :smiley:

1 Like

You’re starting to attack posters personally instead of their ideas,
your business not mine,
but we all know this will end the discussion as a discussion

your choice

If you do chose to continue with this style of argumentation, then how do you square that with your sense of e-bushido as an elite pvper, who does not like the fact that

you

When you say:

I say

Patti ‘Potato’ Patrouette
Ask yourself this, what kind of elite PVPer often starts his response to others reasoned arguments by stating he has not read their posts at all, gets personal and insulting when anyone offers a counter idea, calls logical argumentaion mental gymnastics, and spends all of his time IN A PVP GAME, complaining about legitimate PVP?

I guess not an elite one.

@The_AntiChrist666_Diablo13 The miner bumping website lists contributing characters and top contributers to the CODE’s coffers.

Why contribute?

• Many believe that RISK FREE isk production is game breaking, and would give an unfair advantage to players like myself who PVP through trade and arbitrage, or indiustry, and thus support the CODE in principle, taking James315 at his word,
    Many of these are themselves high sec miners, traders and industrialists, as well as players from all aspects of the game

• Others contribute for the content CODE produce

• Some, myself perhaps, even enjoy the actions of CODE agents as a form of performance art or LARPING, though I understand many CODE agents do not see themselves as Role-Players in the usual MMO sense.

This is fine by me, but they give me content, much of it on the forums. I do not contribute financially as yet, because I am but a low middle class cheapskate (in game obv.) and can get this content for free, the CODE are generous and do not only provide this content to their funders and contributors, it is open to all. But you have persuaded me to send a donation, when I have spare isk, so in a sense YOU are potentially funding CODE, through me.

• others may contribute to prevent the loss of content, that removing none-consensual PVP from high sec would bring.

There are probably as many answers why as there are people who do, if you get me?

3 Likes

I agree with the fact that it is so cheap and too easy, one of my Corp mates had a guy with 6 accounts all named in numerical orders gank him, so one guy controlling 6 accounts going around ganking, so we have 2 things going on, either 1, he pays for all 6 accounts (not likely), or 2 he plexs his 6 accounts, more likely, this means that it is so cheap to do his activities that he can afford to run those accounts.

1 Like

Agreed, PLEX are too cheap and should be more expensive.

2 Likes

So… are you assuming he worked at it to get the isk, he dropped a big pile of RL cash on PLEX, or that theres a secret “Easy way to Big ISK the banks dont want you to know about!”?

Well there are other possibilities that do show your example neither proves or demonstrates that ganking is ‘too cheap or easy’

Perhaps she has trained those characters over time, plexing accounts as her income increases (I can now plex two with effort, one without noticing, and as already observed I am only ‘Space’ low-middle class).

Once these characters have the skills they need to fulfil their role (in EVE it does not take long to virtually max a character if they are used in a very specific role), they can be plexed each month, the newly trained and un-needed skills extracted and sold- this will produce a cost per account of between a small loss of say 80 mil, to a profit of around 160 million, last time I checked. So there is no real financial cost to keep the account OMEGA, if the char has the skills required. But this does not mean Suicide ganking is cheap by your logic, it just means you don’t know how cheap it is to maintain an alt army after the initial investment.

So it is not necessarily that ganking is too cheap, and thus could be fixed by the Op’s suggestion of ‘Dank Ward of Gank Expense’, it may be that some people just got good and are good at a game, that requires thought, planning, knowledge of mechanics, and offers no safety net for those who would not learn the dark art of
’Google-Fu’.

Also, if you think multi-boxing 6 chars in any kind of pvp, especialy one in which any significant delay between the different characters activating offensive modules can mean the complete failure of the operation, then I suggest the following experiment.

Make a DPS char.
Make a booster char, something with low micro but that needs to be on grid.
Do some PVP with them both, operating them both at the same time.
Come back and tell us how your example did not actually demonstrate that suicide ganking is neither easy or cheap IF as you suggest in your example
a) It required either multiple accounts operated by one player or a group of players co=ordinated as if they were one (good coms a must)- so it is a ‘physically’ challenging form of PVP and perhaps, in its rarest and most beautiful forms, even 'elite PVP’
b) All those accounts must be paid for one way or another, whether by one player or multiple players- that is literally the definition of ‘not cheap’.

Yes, you can gank solo in BC or Destroyer, but this not only limits your target pool, it gimps your fit if you are to scan, and if you don’t scan you go in blind, with no way of calculating whether you can gank before conkordunken.

You know suicide gankers have to do math and everything right?

Another suggestion:
Try to suicide gank yourself, I bet you get bored and lose isk, before you get good enough to sustain yourself, or join CODE and get SRP but I don’t think they would take you right now?

How does that follow? Multiboxing has been effectively free since skill trading was added to the game. In fact, running a skill extraction farm to gank, do PI, or mine often pays you money on its own, regardless of what you use the accounts for. Anyone can have as many accounts as their computer can handle if they just sell off the SP.

And why is it ok that practically every highsec miner has a small multiboxed fleet of their own hoovering up the belts, but somehow it is wrong that a ganker who wants to slow down their compulsive greediness uses multiple characters? I can see the argument that all multiboxing is bad, but what is good for the goose is good for the gander. If multiboxing has made ganking too cheap and too easy, it definitely has made highsec mining too cheap and too easy.

6 Likes

So when you make a small fee they’ll still wreck you? :crossed_fingers:

People pay code to come visit them and blow up their ship? :elf:

No it’s an excuse in many cases to act (be) a sociopath, sadist and what more with the excuse of roleplaying :sassyparrot:

1 Like