The CSM 13 Winter Summit Minutes are out

20 players, 3-6 alts per player, 100’s a nice round number. vOv

Because the big thing there is structures. Removing the ability for depots and MTUs is kind of a mild prod toward getting them to move into ‘normal’ corps eventually, but if they’re miners using an MTU… Orca + tractors should be fine. As for having their MTUs hunted… yeah, it’s something that could spur them into PvP, I guess. Again: vOv

That one’s pretty negotiable, really.

Thats the whole purpose of the Social Corp idea.
So small groups/solo can have a Corp identity in HS, while running ONLY PvE, without wardecs.

There is no “specific benefit over and above achieving the goals of Social Corps”.

Its only intended for small groups/solo to have a Corp identity in HS, while running ONLY PvE, without wardecs.

Now answer me.

Why do they need Yellow/Red Safety to do PvE in HS?
Why do they need to go to LS/NS/WH where the wardec immunity is irrelevant?
Why do they need 100 member limit, when this is directed to small or solo HS PLayers?
They can do that in NPC or Player Corp, already.

Maybe that’s your purpose behind the Social Corp idea, but you were arguing against them until you threw a hissy fit and drama-posted basically ‘FINE YOU’RE ALL RIGHT I’M WRONG SOCIAL CORPS ARE THE ONE TRUE SOLUTION SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE’ like you’re 6 years old or something.

You don’t get to define ‘the whole purpose of the Social Corp idea’ for everyone else. Everyone else gets to define their own version of what they mean when they talk about Social Corps. And clearly, they don’t all agree with your limitations, do they?

The second part of that, I just addressed. And if there is no specific benefit, then there is no justifcation for restriction.

Because they might want to try out other aspects of the game without engaging in a highsec wardec, and without leaving their friends, just to see if those aspects of the game are something they want to get into. Under your system, they can’t even try to find out if they want to do more. You lock them into a small box and tell them ‘until ALL of you are ready to burn this box, if any of you wants to stick your nose outside the box, you have to stop being friends’.

Is that really a choice you want to force people to make? Do you really think people will find being forced to make that choice fun? Do you think that’s a choice that will keep people in the game, or one that will make people look for a game that lets them try new things without abandoning their friends?

1 Like

Stopped reading right there.

Keep the insults out.

Remove insults from your post, and I will address it.

I’m a grown adult man. Address and treat me as such.

If you don’t want to have the childishness of your actions pointed out, don’t act childish. When you act like an adult, I’ll treat you like one. And that includes pointing out when you’re not. An adult is capable of taking criticism and recognizing when they have failed to behave like an adult.

2 Likes

You’ve been acting like a child all along, but I dealt with you fairly, nonetheless.
Same cannot be said of your conduct.

You have consistently evaded and dodged questions, redirected and deflected in attempts to claim you had already provided answers you did not, and flat-out lied about what I had said in response to you. And you say you’ve dealt with me fairly?

I, on the other hand, have offered you reasoned explanations for my positions, logical consistency, and held you to account when you have attempted your evasions.

I told you which of us your evasions would make look like a fool. This entire tangent of ‘I’m a grown adult man! WAH!!’ is just another attempt to evade the questions, and it’s pathetically transparent.

2 Likes

I think its fairly easy even for CCP to do and add that to next patch notes.

Whatever, kid.

See how easy that was?

I just "wrecked and ignored " everything you said, in the same childish way you did when you responded to me.

Good job.
You just wrecked the discussion and avoided the issues, by being childish.

Except I didn’t ‘ignore’ what you’d said. I addressed what you’d said. I asked you questions about what you’d said. I merely offered criticism on your earlier behavior at the same time.

The only one trying to ignore things and avoid the issue is you. And you do it consistently.

3 Likes

No. You falsely accused me, and prefaced your post, of me being childish and I stopped reading there. I acted as an adult to that and called you on it, and you still persist, childishly.

Im not going to be called a child by a random nobody, when Im a grown man posting as such.

If you want to act like a kid, then lets act like kids.

Whom is more mature?
You or I?

Can we get a video please?

I think the question answers itself, don’t you? And if it didn’t, I think this certainly does:

An adult, I’m sad to say, doesn’t indulge in a knee-jerk reaction and then attempt to claim someone has ‘ignored’ what they’d said without even reading the rest of the statement. How can you make an informed judgment about whether your words were ignored if you didn’t read the response? It’s like claiming you can tell the end of one paragraph by reading the beginning of another one in a different book. It’s ridiculous.

And it’s still just you attempting to run away from the questions.

Also, you misused ‘whom’ in your attempt to look more ‘grown up’. Whom is an objective form, not a subjective form. ‘with whom’ ‘for whom’ ‘to whom’. It is used as the object of a prepositional phrase. Which, for the record, is not a comment on your maturity. Proper use of ‘whom’ is disgustingly uncommon, especially in native English speakers.

1 Like

That’s what you did, kiddie.

I asked you for a patch note style issue of how you see Social Corps should be implemented, and instead you facetiously used the format of an unrelated patch note to obfuscate.

Your view of what a Social Corp should be, as a Player Corp without structures, is incongruous with the others here that said it would be an NPC Corp facsimile.

Nothing you have said refutes my restrictions on Social Corp, so that they are only for HS small groups/soloers to have their own Corp identity, to PvE in HS only, without wardecs, as is the intent for the Social Corps idea.

Its only for small/solo HS PvErs to play together with a Corp tag and identity, in HS, without wardec.

Nobody else, for anything else or anywhere else.
The rest can be done through NPC or Player Corps, already.

Wait, I’m confused, was it or wasn’t it in the style of the patch notes?

So what? I’ve never claimed my view is perfectly harmonious with anyone else’s. Expecting that it would be, or even should be at this point in the process is kind of… crazy, you know? Everyone has their own ideas. Everyone should have their own ideas. And everyone should present and defend their own ideas, so that the best ideas, with the fewest potiential problems, can be identified.

As is your intent for them. As I’ve said: if those restrictions have no inherent benefit on their own, then they’re needless, and needless restrictions are always something to avoid. They reduce player agency and reduce the number of options players have. Players who feel like they don’t have options will look for other games that give them options.

The cannisters that are generated when you jettison cargo were intended for game developers who needed to test the ability to loot containers in space. They needed an easy way to put an item into space so they could test the system. That’s all they were intended for. Just that, nothing else.

Then Hilmar saw people mining with them. If he’d taken your view, jetcans would have been removed. Wormholes would never have been able to have people living in them. Alliances wouldn’t exist.

The history of EVE has always been ‘this may not be goal of that thing we made, but if you can use it that way, good for you’.

So again, I’ll ask: do you think forcing players to choose between playing with their friends or trying out new parts of the game is something that will improve, or hurt, retention?

Social Corp is an option to only PvE alone, or with a small group, in HS, with their own Corp tag, without being wardecced. Thats what leaving players want.

They dont need Yellow/Red Safety, nor to go to LS/NS/WH, nor <0.1 Sec status members.

If they want to commit suspect/criminal acts, or step put of HS, they can join NPC or Player Corps there (or form their own, and be subject to wardecs).

How do they know what they want? Under your structure of a social corp, they haven’t been able to even try LS/NS/WH, or PvP at all. That’s the issue: they can’t even figure out what they want without leaving their friends, if you have your way.

They can convert to Player Corp whenever they want, so as to access yellow/red safety, place a structure, wardec someone, and venture beyond HS.

Sure, if everyone is ready to try something new. We’re not talking about the whole corp. What if 1 guy in the corp wants to see if wormholes are any good, but everyone else isn’t ready for that yet? He doesn’t know if he wants to do WH stuff yet, he just wants to try.

Why should he be forced to leave the corp, and all of his friends, just to find out if he likes something or not?

How many things that you’ve never done do you enjoy doing?

1 Like

If one member wants to engage in suspect/criminal activity, place a structure, wardec someone, or leave HS, they can do so.

But not in a Social Corp.