The CSM 13 Winter Summit Minutes are out

I think just one wardec may not be enough to force players out, from what I have seen troubles set in with:

Multiple and Consecutive wardecs

• If you are a relatively new player, A corp owner who cannot play with alts on low skilled (no toon jump to do something different).
  • If you are a solo player

Being hopelessly outnumbered

• With no hope putting up a fight where you might just kill an opponent
  • When you catch a enemy 1v1 you can beat they have neutral logistics and you die - rage quit is real

Total loss of all corporate structures

• Itā€™s bad enough being outnumbered, outgunned and under an extended war but every structure started on the path to destruction on day oneā€¦
2 Likes

The way youā€™d have them set up, they will. Not as badly as wardecs do, but they will.

Thatā€¦ is hurting retention.

All of those are ā€œfixedā€ by a NPC equivalent Social Corp, that is unwardeccable, but also cannot drop green safety, and cannot leave HS.

An HS small or solo group of players that just wants to PvE in HS without wardecs, has no need of yellow/red safety, and would only be harmed by venturing outside of HS (where the wardec immunity is moot)

If they want that, they can join NPC or (form) Player Corp.

Social Corps are not intended for Suicide Gankers, or LS/NS/WH.

How much more of this circle quoting ridiculousness? :crazy_face:

Have not enough been said/wrote already?

They will never stop avoiding the issues with their view of Social Corps.

They have big plans if implemented as they want them.

NS and suicide gankers have been pushing for Social Corps, as they see them, for them, for years.

This.

I think Iā€™d be ok with some moratorium on Wardecs. Give me a chance to breath, if thatā€™s not my thing, or Iā€™m not able to compete. I agree with the more PvP oriented posters that EVE should never have a ā€œsafeā€ switch. But perhaps it needs a ā€œgimme a medpacā€ switch. :slight_smile:

Just what plans do you think we have? There is literally no benefit to a social corp that an NPC corp doesnā€™t give, except the social aspect, and you know what? We donā€™t need the HS corp for that, we have Mumble already.

1 Like

This contradicts you saying earlier it would be like a Player Corp.

Get your spin straight.

How does it contradict it? What benefit do you see it having?

Are you unaware of the differences between a NPC and Player Corp?

Is your head spinning that hard with your own propaganda?

I am asking you what benefit you think being in an undecā€™able highsec corp that canā€™t anchor structures (beyond the MTU stuff, even you agreed with ā€˜no citadels/refineriesā€™ etc) would give to us that an NPC corp does not. And what plans you think we have.

Or is this just some massive ā€˜NULLSEC ALWAYS HAS PLANS!!!ā€™ conspiracy in your head?

Why then are you pushing so hard for a Social Corp system that isnt HS exclusive, and isnt fixed to Green safety?

Because even a noob like me wants to go fly around in WH space. (And get blown up for it)

1 Like

Because, as Iā€™ve said a dozen times already, I think it will hurt retention, I think placing restrictions that donā€™t need to be there is a bad way to do things in general, and I basically just think that limitation is STUPIDER THAN THE PET ROCK. You remember those, right? You remember how dumb those were?

You donā€™t need it. It is adding complexity. Added complexity is bad unless it is absolutely necessary. Added complexity means more places for things to go wrong. If something is necessary, it is necessary, If it isnā€™t, get rid of it[1].

So, since Iā€™ve answered what has to be the most ridiculous question in a thread full of them, I ask you again:

Just what plans do you think we have?

1. Seriously. If something isnā€™t needed, it shouldnā€™t be there. This whole ā€˜lets add this even if it isnā€™t neededā€™ nonsense is what gave us the Monitor, arguably the stupidest and most useless ship in the game, no matter how many PanFam and Dead Coalition FCs love losing them.
1 Like

The purpose of Social Corp is to retain HS small group/solo players so they can PvE in HS without wardec, to stop them logging off when wardecced and not returning.

The restrictions I posted need to be there to prevent abuse of this new Social Corp mechanic by those it is not intended for.

PS: Have you decided yet if in your proposal its like a NPC Corp, or like a Player Corp?
You keep avoiding this and refusing to define it specifically.

And I think it can be achieved without locking them into a cage in HS that will hurt retention, all on its own.

The abuses youā€™ve indicated can already be done in an NPC corp. What advantage does the social corp provide that they donā€™t already have? Again: Just what plans do you think we have?

You mean except for the bit where I did, in fact, define it?

Its incomplete and lacking.

What is the tax rate?
What is the leadership structure?
Does it have Corp Hangars?
What is cost of creation?
How is the Corp destroyed?

Its like you didnt read the discussion, or like you ignored them as convenient.

I dont trust anything you say further than I can throw you.

Social Corporations are otherwise identical to normal (or ā€˜Activeā€™) Player Corporations.

Or, you know, did you miss that bit?

And yet you earlier said it would be like an NPC Corp.