The CSM 13 Winter Summit Minutes are out

December: “Wars can only be declared against corporations with structures.”

And then they’ll iterate as they work on a deep-dive fix.

2 Likes

@Proteus_Onzo

Hope you’re watching the keynote.

Yeah, they basically made all corps ‘social corps’ unless they have a structure anchored in highsec, come December.

Heh. I don’t think Goonswarm does, either. Heh. Heheh.

Only structure in hi sec can result in a war dec?

No specific mention of Hi-Sec only.

Actually, yeah, there was. Go watch it again.

Was that to me? It was pretty clear it was about Corps with structures, not just Hi-Sec corps with structures.

Yeah I’ll be interested in what the other future changes are going to be. I think this initial change is a tad short-sighted because what WILL happen is the meta will turn into groups not owning structures with their main corps / alliances. They will have these structures anchored on 1-man alt corps and allow access to the people they want through access lists. This will allow the body of their membership to remain in a corp that is unable to be wardec’d while reaping the benefits of owning a structure in Highsec.

So what this does to wars is create a situation where daily “content” is gone, and instead we will have gameplay that consists of dec’ing 1-man alt corps that own a structure.

This will essentially push away the war dec guy or group that used this for daily content. The Mercenary groups that take structure contracts like Pirat will just have to go find their daily content in other areas or methods.

Thats a blatant exaggeration. Structures will still exist and its not like the change will stop them from being attacked.

I didn’t say that people wouldn’t stop anchoring structures and that people would stop blowing them up. What I’m saying is that shooting structures owned by 1-man corps as daily content isn’t likely to be very many peoples idea of ideal content.

Maybe, but it’ll mean the structures still get blown up, because the guy in the solo corp can still get wardec’d… and will, especially if you guys have to deal with a leaner selection of targets.

1 Like

Yeah sure, there’s still going to be the guys that come around and try to ransom and extort out of the structure owners. That’s a small SMALL group of players that enjoy doing that.

What we find in almost all cases is that structures aren’t defended so it’s very unlikely that you’ll get a real fight or brawl out of it.

Yup, totally agree there, too. We’ll have to see how the implementation goes.

If a structure is worth shooting at then it doesn’t matter if the owner is a 1-person, or 100-person corporation. The determination of ideal is in the eye of the beholder, to paraphrase a well known saying.

Some want the easy battle, some want the challenge. Nothing in this announcement changes anything for structure owners, nor the people who pursue wars upon them.

According to your experience the present situation is structures aren’t defended. The future situation of 1-person corporations is that structures aren’t defended. What remedy are you looking for, Is it to force people to join a corporation who’s structure is under attack? If you want a real fight, change your targets, rather than press gang actors into the roles.

Well they did say a more holistic and comprehensive fix is coming next year. I wouldn’t worry too much about this stop-gap solution. What matters for wars and the future is how they decide to fix this long-term.

I would love to see CCP’s statistics on structures that are getting killed in Highsec. The truth is that in most cases there’s little value or reason to blow them up if you aren’t being paid to do so. I’m sure there are players that find personal reasons to blow them up, but I’m wagering that the amount of structures in Highsec being removed is laughable, and that’s evident through all this structure spam.

I’m just commenting on the fact that there’s not a lot of meaningful content in shooting a structure owned by a 1-man corp that is just going to be replaced without any thought.

It’s not that I don’t want a real fight. I love the brawls and fights we get when we have to defend a clients structure or the fights we get when someone decides to defend one we’re attacking. The point I’m making is that those situations are few and far between.

Well that was one defence, but I went and had a look and the structures were no longer owned by the defender. I have been running around hisec a bit to have a look at the number of structures and activity. Quite a few structures, a large number in low power which is not a good sign.

I hope that this is correct:

Only because I want to see the blanket war deckers bite the dust, sorry Faylee but it is necessary.

Still those corps that want to develop in hisec will have that blockage to get over, we will just have to see how much it weakens war deckers.

It won’t :wink:

You say that, but what exactly are you doing now? I saw in another thread that you said that you were no longer with PIRAT / Vendetta (I say that due to the merger after the Vendetta alliance take over.) I know you do ganking and you have stuff with HTP or PHEW. So I guess you will get your kicks elsewhere while waiting. So in your case, no issue.

Still for those that want to operate structures as the next step up in hisec they still have that threat and they have to hope that the war deckers weaken a bit. You could be right. The key thing is if it is structures in hisec, I so hope that this is the case because of the wekaneing part of the equation and that will have an impact on ganking too…

I am looking forward to the more detailed deep dive on this subject, I hope CCP discuss this with hisec indy players too and those that want to fight against war deckers.

I don’t think that PIRAT have any structures?