The CSM 13 Winter Summit Minutes are out

csm

(Annah Tsero) #3773

Elite PVP

you just have to stop being bad at EVE lmao

(Proteus Onzo) #3774

Suicide ganking is not “elite pvp”.

Its PvE, because its weighed against unavoidable destruction of all involved in a criminal act by NPC CONCORD.

No PvP is involved in the suicide gankers exploding, as they always will, by NPC CONCORD.

(Arrendis) #3775

Have I ever said I didn’t?

That’s nice. Yes, CCP has the ability to track which IPs are connecting to their servers, including at the level of your router. Hell, you have capability, if you grab the right tools from the internet. No, I am not going to do your homework for you, go figure out which ones those are yourself.

(Annah Tsero) #3776

uh huh

here’s an article so you can ,grow your knowledge base instead of talking :poop: out of your silly arse :joy:

(Sade Musana) #3777

And this is why no one takes EVE seriously as a PVP game anymore.

People flip their sh*t in BDO when you can buy a pair of green pants with +2 stats, but in EVE, here, have another 20+ fully fledged characters trailing behind you, people will think you’re ‘gud’, right :slight_smile:

(Proteus Onzo) #3778

Why then have there been players that stated themselves running multiple accounts simultaneously, by various means, which arent all Omegas, and wherent banned before they posted on GD for having done so for months?

(Arrendis) #3779

Welcome to the world of VPNs and people with a functioning brain.

(Proteus Onzo) #3780

Using VPN doesnt change the terms of TOS/EULA you signed.
YOU signed it. Not your accounts or characters.
Its an IRL contract between you and CCP.

You are not allowed, as the person that signed TOS/EULA, to run more more than one account simultaneously, no matter how you would do so, unless all of them are Omega.

(Annah Tsero) #3781

does anyone else hear someone screaming in their echochamber because the argument isn’t going their way? :grin:

(Lugburz) #3782

You use ship scanners on neut boats to check targets cap
You use them to scan citadel fits also.

Also as scanning a fit or cargohold doesnt really equate to an actual offence i dont see how going suspect would work. I mean its the equivalent of looking in someones car.
Making it go suspect for gankers would only stop them scanning tbh, wont stop them ganking; if anything theyd probably end up doing more of it.

(Arrendis) #3783

Yeah, no crap, Sherlock.

People have been doing it because they can use VPNs to get away with it. OTHER THAN VPNs, CCP’s got plenty of tools to track these things. You know, kind of like what I said before:

(Proteus Onzo) #3784

Several other ways than VPN.

(Grayclay) #3785

If you live in a big city and look at your window in the middle of the night and see someone wearing all black peering through the windows of cars parked on the street, that person isn’t committing a crime, but they are sure as hell suspect.

(Arrendis) #3786

And you still can’t shoot them.

(Annah Tsero) #3787

Unless you’re in some 3rd world country

(Proteus Onzo) #3788

Yes, you can. But it would be illegal.

If they open your hood or boot to inspect the engine or cargo, that is illegal, and you can defend your property with force.

You have no business or legal right to inspect whats under my hood or in my boot.
Doing so is an invasion of my property, and I can defend myself and my property with force against it.

(Arrendis) #3789

You cannot legally shoot someone for opening your car hood. You can use ‘force’ in that you can push them away and restrain them from your car, but you cannot use disproportionate force. Until they take a swing, you can’t take a swing. Until they offer credible threat of serious injury, you can’t involve a weapon. Doing so opens you up to criminal charges of your own.

(Proteus Onzo) #3790

This is ■■■■■■■■.

Lets say Im a 80yr old lady, and you are a 25yr old man that has illegally opened the hood or boot of my car. I have zero option of force o push you away or restraining you after you have already committed a crime against me and my property.

The bottomline here, is you have no business or right, at all, to scan the personal ship data of another player regarding fit or cargo.

(Annah Tsero) #3791

Are you a lawyer Salvos?

If you’re not, refrain from talking idiocies out of your arse…

(Proteus Onzo) #3792

We all know that scanning fits/cargo becoming suspect in HS doesnt change anything, except for suicide gankers cherrypicking targets.

The resistance to this is obvious as to why.