The CSM 13 Winter Summit Minutes are out

Lets see - Angel Sanctum spawns 40 to 50 rats with a chance of a Dread say 45 rats

I thought you said not everyone was in supers - so call it 3/4 are using Marauders

Anyway - Sanctums have 40-50 rats +/- Dread spawn
So - using the 56K NPC deaths in an average system in Delve - ( S-6HHN) has about 2300 SITES run in a 24 period that’s about 98 an hour - A Golem can kick out 1100 dps that’s one site every 20 mins, a super 20% higher

That averages out at about 6-8 people running sites uninterrupted TWENTY FOUR SEVEN in ONE system

Tell me again how unsafe it is in Null Sov space

EDIT: To put it another way -
In your Super - How many sites do you do in an hour?
Sanctum has 50 rats, Haven 70 - How many rats did you kill in that hour?

Then divide 56,000 by that to get the man hours (Because someone is killing those rats)

It depends on the area, just like anywhere else. Try to super rat in Catch or Geminate right now. Delve is not all of nullsec.

I don’t believe many people are running anoms in Marauders. That’s a high sec mission running ship. Generally speaking its:

Titans - rock havens
Supers - havens and sanctums
Carriers - havens and hubs
Rattlesnakes - havens and hubs
CNR/Ravens - lower level stuff
Gila/VNI - lower level stuff.

That’s mostly your ratting. You can generally run a sanctum in 5-7 minutes in a super. I just tested it, and I did a ring sanctum in 7 minutes.

The number of rats is:

wave 1 - 10
wave 2 - 6
wave 3 - 7
wave 4 - 7
wave 5 - 13

So that’s 43 rats per ring sanctum (and station sanctums are way more).

43 rats every 7 minutes is about 366 rats an hour. 20 guys is 7320. 10 hours - that’s 73,200. That’s 20 guys average ratting in one system for 10 hours. That’s not exactly insane.

And you just cost me an Ametat II typing this up while I was in space, lol.

Are you saying that you have 20 supers in that system ?
(7 mins to do a sanctum - that’s 21 mins including a station spawn)

So given that rat kills range from 5000 to 90,000 in the 80 systems in delve and
Assuming split shifts whats that - 400 supers ratting without interference at any one time

You do lose 1 out of the 400(ish) a day but given the income generated
Are you sure it’s "unsafe"

I’m saying that you can have a lot of people ratting in a single system and generate the numbers you were looking at. Maybe not 20 supers, but a handful, coupled with other folks ratting makes it easy to hit those numbers.

Not every system is full of ratters, as you can easily tell from the Dotlan numbers.

And, again, you’re talking about Delve - the safest of nullsec - and ignore the fact that the rest of nullsec isn’t nearly as profitable or nearly as safe.

The bottom line is that an area of space where nobody can attack you without 100% certainty of getting destroyed is always going to be safer than an area where that’s not true. Highsec will always be safer than null.

1 Like

I think it’s safer for you to fly from the Delve side to the Querious Gate to the Delve side of the Aridia gate than it is for me to fly from Dodixie to Jita

It depends on what ship you’re in. I’ve had a freighter full of stuff blown up in 1DQ, the heart of Delve. I’ve never lost a ship in Jita or Dodixie.

You do realize The Forge has several low sec systems right?
Maila
Otanuomi
Akora
Oijanen
Uemon
Akkio
Fuskunen
Tasti
Messoya
And more.

And lets also just forget that The Forge also has the largest trade hub in the game.
Damn you’re trying really hard to push a narrative that isn’t true.

I figured a trade character would know all that. You did claim to be a trade character after all.

1 Like

Regardless of if it is “safer”. It is easy to know when you are safe in null. It is not easy to know when you are safe in highsec.
Also remember many of those delve ship losses will be intruders. Intruders dying does not make an area unsafe, it actually makes it safer.

This creates a situation where it is easy to safely rat in a number of null areas, while in highsec you always have to be vigilant. The need to be vigilant in highsec isnt a bad thing, but the narrative of how null deserves all the loot because it’s so dangerous really isnt a healthy one.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.