The EVE Online Ecosystem Outlook

Oh if only they would

2 Likes

I would love to weigh in as a returning player from 2012
I recently re-subbed to eve about 2 months ago
I really cant see any reason to stick around after 2 months of play
other than joining a bloc — pvp is still as unbalanced as ever
with it seeming only minor changes have actually been made over several years

If ccp is advertising and trying to get me interested in this game than they had better give me a
reason other than you can solo explore/ go ratting/ join a war thats full of bugs & server issues or
do some limited pvp that i had already become bored with in 2012

im not interested in grinding out the isk to “buy” skill injectors just so i can fly hac’s either
the t3 cruisers were cool when they came out but have clearly become the meta

Lets just spell this out as CCP’s cleaning up a mess or monster they created and were lucky to get the
price they got from pearl abyss as the game & company were clearly over valued — The problem with RMT and botting is also the fault of CCP not growing the games population and keeping it stale

3 Likes

Feel free. For every miner that unsubs, that’s another belt I get to mine on a daily basis. My profits go up, and your symbolic effort remains ignored by ccp.
It’s a game of trying to balance old eve with a new eve that can get and retain new players.
Not everyone is going to be happy. Tbh, from reading the forums, it doesn’t matter what ccp does. A portion of the population will be unhappy.

Sure, I wish they’d reverse the starvation phase. I think we need more m2’s not less. That requires isk, ore, time and a significant number of people to be involved.
It appears they want fewer m2’s, and more subcap skirmishes. F1 monkeys to the max.

I see your understanding of current meta matches your understanding of punctuation.

O.o
Are you saying
 this game went so low on “ACTUAL” active players that you guys are running 30 accounts each and feel like you have do everything yourself? Since there’s no one doing X thing for you!

Damn, that Disco Delve fight with 1000 titans well hell that’s whole 34 people! (maybe bit bad sarcasm, but when you see bunch of groups of 3-5 alts in one of those recent 200-400 people BattleReports’s on reddit or 10 alts in suicide gank it’s not that far off :wink: )

I wonder. Bash at Biggs Disco
 what’s the record.
Just how many Titans did single person drive in with alts. Was it really the biggest battle ever? Or it was just group of children lost in palace of mirrors. (Disco and alcohol can do that to you I guess).

5 Likes

No, just the person you are replying to has shown themselves to be
 well
 lets go with the polite antisocial term in another recent thread, rather than the harsher but more honest terms that should be used.
Therefore they rather alts than actually interacting with other real people.

All that to play EVE at 1 frame rate an hour?

I’m not antisocial.

an·ti·so·cial

adjective

1. contrary to the laws and customs of society; devoid of or antagonistic to sociable instincts or practices.
2 Likes

it is not salt eve has to be healthy again. I only got 850bil wallet and like 120 bil assets while u got trilions .At last ccp is making something for content .The nerfs to nul sec are a must so the game can be healthy again .i am w8 on the nerfs to pi npc loot drops and escalations.And i rly hope some balance to ships like huge nerfs to munins and some bufs to ikitursha and the gaurdians ,if me loosing from 80 munins while i am in my blinky ikitursha fit with my 20 friends is defently wrong.how we manage to have so many munins 
 ore need to be nerfed again also the ship.I came from reddit to apeal for reason in here but i can see how ccp is starting to hear the resonable people of reddit at last ,and don t give a dam for people like you who only cares to sit on his stock piles of isk while the people of the healthy player base see the game going to ashes.

7 Likes

Anything comming for faction war? A simple change to the tier system would be a huge improvement. Just drop level 1 and level 5. Right now the farmers just switch sides and make isk no matter what. The people who actually play Faction War have no income when thier side is tier 1. This discourages participation.

2 Likes

CCP, where’s the ■■■■■■■ ice!?

1 Like

Removed 20+ off topic posts.

je c’est que ce message va ĂȘtre surement supprimĂ© ! mais j’ai besoin de poussĂ© un coup de gueule CCP Ă  tuer un jeu
 le nul sec n’a plus d’intĂ©rĂȘt, le rorqual je n’en parle mĂȘme pas
 t’en de temps consacrĂ© a ce vaisseau pour rien 
 beaucoup trop de perte de temps. t’en de belle annĂ©es tuĂ© pour de l’économie je passe bonne chance CCP. ps: j’espĂšre que votre Ă©conomie va ce pĂ©tĂ© la gueule et je peut vous dire que vous avez perdu du joueur et que c’est pas fini. bye !!

I mean that this message will surely be deleted! but I need to push a CCP rant to kill a game 
 the dry draw is no longer of interest, the whale I do not even talk about it 
 you have time devoted to this ship for nothing 
 way too much waste of time. you in good years killed for the economy I spend good luck CCP. ps: I hope your economy is going crazy and I can tell you that you have lost some player and that it is not over. bye !!

3 Likes

I remember when I first started playing EVE back in '09. The game was really tough, even after you surmounted the learning curve. I remember flying around trying to find a place to research BPOs, and finally concluding that the solution was to anchor a POS. And then having to grind up standings to anchor the POS, and then create a spreadsheet in order to tackle fueling it, and having to figure out how much I had to produce in order for it to be profitable. Mining was always risky because all mining barges had paper tanks.

I remember living out of a POS in a WH.

CCP, it’s good to reduce “meaningless complexity” from the game, and to take away some of the pain points and redundant clicking.

But please don’t make EVE too easy. The past few years it’s been becoming too easy in an attempt to appeal to mass market gamers. These gamers are transient. EVE has always, and will always, appeal to a niche demographic of players who like a challenge and like difficulty.

IMHO New Eden could do with another 1-3 years of scarcity. There’s too much wealth in the game. Caps are no longer anything special. Tech3’s and Triglavian ships are everywhere. There’s no reason to fly Tech1 because Tech2 is so easily affordable.

Let’s bleed things down a bit, reset a bit, and get back to the drawing board making EVE the game that I always logged in feeling a bit worried and slightly angry that I loved so much.

1 Like

The basic problem with that is the niche community is dwindling.
Those players are getting older and have responsibilities that take them away from gaming.
Making things too hard to get for the average person then turns into a few wealthy individuals being able to get anything they want.
Good for us, bad for normal people.

Eve must attract new players, and keep them. For that to be possible, you have to eliminate the second job mentality for Most players.
Then, you have to reward those that do the complex things that could otherwise feel like a 2nd job. Or first job in those cases.

Right now, the starvation phase is working as intended, but they do have some flaws that need to be addressed. Anoms, as an example.
The starvation phase Must come to an end at some point, or you hemorrhage players.
I see the appeal of higher prices for less work, as a miner.
However, there is little to no incentive for null miners and ratters currently. Perhaps that is as intended, but all it’s really done is drive alts back to highsec to mine.
The ore is transported to null for use to keep those markets flowing.
Those markets Will keep flowing, as the community has decided long ago that null is the goal.

There is no such thing as too much wealth in a game. By trying to fix that issue, all you’re really doing is making things more expensive for new players. That’s a deterrent for player retention.
It’s a big galaxy, but it’s controlled by a handful of people.
It’s natural for people to band together. Team work makes the dream work. However, I do think it needs to be more expensive to hold sov.
The larger the player group involved, the higher the cost.
Limit coalitions and alliances to a certain number of allies, and limit the number of positive contacts for corps, alliances and coalitions.
Perhaps expanding the number of wormholes and extending concord to lowsec, and making null like lowsec would fix the issue.

Then ccp needs to work on more in game storytelling. Finish old storylines, make new ones. Expand lore.
The lore community is a bit of a niche, but the story has been stagnant for a long time. Exploration is pretty much limited to data and relic sites, and clever ways to avoid pvp or engage in ganking.

I see a lot of people complaining about fw, how it’s a grind and a lot of bots. Change it up. As part of the evolution of the story, introduce new reasons and rewards. Make it detrimental to switch sides.
Win or lose systems, so the map keeps changing. Make standing matter again.
Pirates are no threat. Triglavians are, but you have ample warning with them.

Bring caps back to highsec. Pirates and npc’s use them in highsec, why can’t capsuleers? The old reason is dead. Concord got buffed.
Perhaps make it possible to hold sov in highsec. Though more limited. The npc stations are renamed for your corp, other than official military or storyline structures. Use standing requirements with this.
Let us fight npc corporations.

1 Like

The basic problem here is that it’s not just players that have stagnated. The whole game has, with a few minor updates, like the triglavians.

1 Like

I literally just came back to the game like 2 days ago. I found out all the changes to high sec belts and ore
 after i resubed all 8 of my accounts to mine with
 now i just canceled them all and uninstalled the game probably for good this time. been playing on and off since 05 but not after this change it’s a bridge to far
 they only care about war war and more war and always find ways to screw over the people who want to play this game and NOT pvp all the time
 ccp only care about the big alliances in null and only cater to pvpr’s and that’s always been the case
 it’s sad cause there is so much the game could do but it seems they just threw things at the wall and nothing sticks and they loose more people
 last time i played there was on avg like 40k ppl now i see it’s at like 25k avg in a year it will probably be 15k
 and then poof

6 Likes

Can we get a DEV to finaly step up and tell the customers whats going on? Its been a year, can you DEVS please tell us whats going on and how much longer this temporary ore change is going to last?

3 Likes

Is there still Team Ecosystem out there. Is @CCP_Rattati still on it? He haven’t posted sinse 29 dec. He seems to have deleted his reddit account, I cant seem find any of his posts there. They mentioned according to his LinkedIn account he moved on to product team or something instead of ecosystem.

3 Likes