After a wildly off-topic discussion in another thread, I thought it would be fun to set up some ground rules a PvE Ironman challenge in EVE. This is a work in progress and I welcome suggestions on other rules and goals.
The challenge will be played on trust. There’s nothing that can strictly enforce these rules but it’s a personal challenge so hopefully most people will play along in good faith. It’s not a race or a leaderboard or anything like that, it’s just a bit of fun.
The aim is to try to play the game with the least amount of player contact.
At the moment the “end-game” aim is to build a fully fit battleship but I’m open to suggestions. I’ve added some ideas for goals below.
The core of the rules is that you must not interact with players in gameplay as much as possible.
- You must create a new character with no SP to inject. It can be alpha or omega, entirely up to you.
- You cannot redeem special event rewards, but you may use the “evergreen” rewards, (the daily login rewards that come outside of events).
- No buying or selling anything to players on the market, but you can buy or sell using NPC orders (the ones with remaining times of like 300+ days).
- You may not loot anything in space that belongs to another player, and must not try to get around the trade restrictions by putting things in cans or scooping drones.
- You must not shoot another player. If attacked you may try to escape but you must not fire back and must recall or abandon drones if they aggress.
- You must not use any contracts.
- You must not use HyperNet.
- You must not purchase injectors from the New Eden store.
- You must not join a player corporation but may create one of your own provided you recruit no other characters and do not engage in any player interaction with it.
- You may build a POS or citadel but it must only be usable by you and you must not defend it if it is attacked.
- No use of player-owned structures in any way, not even just to dock unless they are owned by you.
- You must not join any fleets.
- You must not use alts or other players for scouting or support.
- You must not use intel channels.
- No trade in any form with another player, and that includes being sent ISK. If a player sends you ISK you must send it to an alt.
- Outside of the situation with the ISK above, you may not transfer ISK or assets out from this character to another because:
- If you are podded by a player or self-destruct while under a player aggression timer, you must biomass your character and all assets (including corp assets if you created a corp).
If you decide you want to give the challenge a go, feel free to post below and keep people updated with progress. If you have any suggestions or comments, post those too.
Click here for some ideas for goals to work towards. You can do some of these, or all of them or none of them and make your own goals.
If you build it:
- Build a battleship
- Build a freighter
- Build a mining barge
- Build a POS
- Build a citadel
It’s all about the tracker:
- Complete the Exploration tree of the activity tracker
- Complete the Ore, Ice and Gas and Salvaging sections of the activity tracker
- Complete the Manufacturing, Research, Copying and Invention sections of the activity tracker
- Complete the Non-capsuleer combat tree of the activity tracker
Grind it up:
- Accrue 50b ISK worth of modules
- Accrue 50b ISK worth of ore
- Accrue 50b ISK worth of ice
- Accrue 50b ISK worth of salvage
- Accrue 50b ISK in your wallet
- Have 1 trillion units of tritanium in a single hangar at least 5 jumps away from a major trade hub (because why not?)
Arc de Triomphe:
- Complete the SoE epic arc
- Complete the four empire epic arcs
- Complete the two pirate epic arcs
Where do we stand:
- Achieve a faction standing for 10 with a single faction
- Achieve a faction standing of 8 with the 4 empire factions
- Achieve a corporation standing of 10 with 5 different corporations