The fail of EVE ONLINE´s developer CPP

Red loot drops from the trig ships all over highsec, and we now have a new ever respawning combat anomaly in every system, giving 10-20M of red loot each, and takes about 10min.

I was googling it. Didn’t know the term “red loot”.

That looks like it’s because of the storyline. The money is a necessity due to the storyline, otherwise capsuleers wouldn’t fight the nemesis. They’d just ignore the site, which isn’t quite what should be happening. I understand what you mean, but I’d not worry about it. There’s no way this is going to last. With the triglavians, such an increase in presence means that they’re coming for us.

I doubt that’s wishful thinking.
I really, really doubt it.

PLS stop with that WOW crap , ty :slight_smile: and welcome to Second Galaxy :slight_smile:

Let’s see whether there is some plan, I have my doubts. Nevertheless highsec is IMO in a very good place atm, even for ISK generation.

awesome website , thanks for sharing it.

1 Like

Also its a very unfriendly, non fun CCP right now. All they do now is nerf, reduce and retract features in the name of balance.

Try adding something to improve it instead of continuing to gut your own game.

1 Like

Yeah, if you completely ignore that it feels like a dead wasteland,
which isn’t actually insignificant,
then it is indeed in a good place.

2 Likes

Sigh. And those RMTers gave up and got new jobs instead of just rolling new alphas, injecting them, and started up their botting operation again in high sec.

I have some nice beach front property to sell you in Kansas.

Sure sport, whatever you say…

It appears to start at June. Pre-blackout.

1 Like

It does doesn’t it. So its not blackout like Null are going on about.

I don’t really think it’s that important to specifically attach “loss of activity” to one change CCP made or another. The point is the overall trend, which is simply continuing everything CCP has done for the last 5-6 years.

I would attribute some of the reductions in activity starting around June to the typical summer break pattern. In general however, those ‘summer break’ numbers should be starting to pick up recently, rather than falling even further.

EVE and CCP have not ‘failed’, and the current changes might indeed have some future benefit. However CCP is trending ever closer to one of those ‘tipping points’ where players/game changes are at a significant cusp.

The right moves could bring player numbers back to an upward trend. The wrong moves could simply cross the line to where EVE is perceived as “game is dead and on its’ way out”, and that’s a very hard place to come back from.

For those who have difficulty determining actual numerical trends from wiggly graphs, I’ve added some trends lines, rough amounts, and marked the date of the Blackout for you. These numbers and trend lines are eyeball guesstimates from someone who’s averaged out a lot of graphs over the years.

Take them as an indication, not a “but on this date your line is .005% off from my calculations!” hairsplitting topic. Also not that the graph on ‘trade’ does not actually represent “trading” activity but rather the amount of ISK that was involved in trade. It’s actually a quite different statistic relating to the value of the items traded and not the amount of trading activity.

EVE_Trading_Activity_Trend_Sep_2019

EVE_Jumps_Daily_Trends_Sep_2019

To me that ‘jumps’ chart looks like a lot of people bailing out of Null when the blackout was announced, and then overall just not logging in/not playing after they relocated. The actual decline in jumps since “pre-summer” levels is close to 25%.

How someone can look at the numbers and say “the stats are fine, no significant changes detected!” is beyond me.

3 Likes

Wasn’t the blackout announced in July?

Funny how your little “all is in order proof” contradicts the perception of ANY person that controls the actual number actually by himself…

All WE see is is a loss to the actual number of around 15 k…

But - i know- what has not to be that can not be,it shouldn’t.it mustn’t…

But still i trust my perception 100% more than a shiny blinky “official one”…forgive me that i have eyes to see…

It was announced on July 5th and kicked in on July 12. Hence the big black line in “July” on the graph.

Was that not clear?

1 Like

Yes, that is the point. These metrics are all up and down, with a definite long-term decline in recent years, but they aren’t “cratering” due to the blackout. Like CCP Rise said, the top level ones are remarkably resilient and haven’t changed much since the blackout and the hard data show that. People are still playing the game largely as they have before. I’m not sure why people are so willing to call CCP Rise a liar?

The game needs love, and over the long term activity is obviously trending down. But those trying to convince you the blackout has decreased much at all outside of nullsec are mistaken or trying to mislead you.

The game is fine, or at least as fine as it was in June.

1 Like

Yeah, so the decline is likely to do with something that happened in June, the July boost was due to the skills give aways but there is no data saying this is caused by the blackout.

Thanks for the explanation.

Wow, so the whole “it’s fruitless to try and attribute the decline to one change” just whooshed right over your head I guess.

As did the fact that Skilling Spree didn’t start until July 24th, at which point the increase in jumps had already been underway for almost 3 weeks. You know, starting on July 5th (ish) when the Null blackout was announced.

But hey, graph illiteracy, and date illiteracy, and google illiteracy is not something to be ashamed of.

There are support groups.

You’re not alone.

Except that the data shows that the decline started in June and the B/o may or may not have had anything to do with it, there is no data to show it does.

and if you remove the 13% increase it appears to have the same rate of decline in June and August.

Funny thing is the more you type the less it looks like BO has anything at all to do with it.

Off-topic: A bit more climate change and it may well become a beachfront property…