The Fight Against Cheating in EVE Online

Not sure if they do it anymore, but it was always great fun watching people try to fight their bans in the League of Legends forums. 'Cus almost every time a gm would drop the hammer on them with evidence, and often turn a temp ban permanent. So I’m pretty sure you’re right that the botters are among those complaining.

1 Like

For all the clamor, I don’t see it happening. Bots make CCP money it seems. They would have to cut their own throats for the loss of income and return it into the niche game it started as that made it so great. No money in that…

I don’t get your logic. Botting takes away from actual revenue streams for CCP. For instance, gold sellers take demand away from people buying PLEX to sell for ISK. So what exactly does CCP get from the botters to leave them be?

P.S. - CCP is a company, so of course they are trying to make money. Don’t think there are many dev studios out there who aren’t looking to be paid for their work.

3 Likes

Avg players on tonite down by apx 10k. But that was when I looked last…

Edit; With the virus, it should be up. Invest in infant products! I have! :upside_down_face:

As I see it, Null powers/controls the game. Thats where CCP’s income comes from. Not you and me.

Edit again; Most bots seem to be in Delve.

I’d like to see the active accounts logged in posted across that chart as I believe the significant drop is when ‘Blackout’ occurred.

All that aside… any removal of bot accounts is gd work… keep it up.

1 Like

I am sure that CCP hates RMT and wants to eradicate it. Botting without RMT, on the other hand . . . the jury is still out on that question.

1 Like

Thank you, CCP, for all you’re doing to combat botting and cheating.

2 Likes

Botters also drive players away from games. I mean, botters and cheaters are probably tolerated more in PvE focused games because they less of an ability to impact other players fun, but they tend to be despised in PvP focused games. Ugh, I can’t find a source, but I know I’ve recently heard CCP say that botting was one of the playerbase’s biggest concerns. And I’ve certainly heard a butt ton of players either complaining about bots, or accusing organizations of harboring bots. So, I’d imagine the financial incentive to keep bots paying is greatly outweighed by the financial incentive to keep real players playing.

Also, unless they are straight up lying to our faces, they have been cracking down hard on bots.

2 Likes

Yes so if you are combatting botting, then you should also look at the NPC mining fleets you created and you implemented, which is sucking away ore from actual players.
In my system 5hours before reset, there is no ore to be mined. Every belt in the system is/was sucked dry by npc mining fleets.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Just another excuse to make the game worse using bad ideas from people who don’t know the game because you fired gms and dev that actually CARED for the game and replaced them by cheaper and less addicted ones…

Why the hell is there a single value above 0 ISK on that graph. Does it really take you weeks to identify a bot in your own application?

if ccp would fight agaist those who sell isk for real money by taking down their auctions and isk selling websites it could make eve better place.

We very much do care […]

Lol. I did try to reach out to the Support Team when my accounts had been banned for alleged “Macro use” roughly a year ago. I tried for almost a month, writing 8 support tickets in total as well as ingame msgs and mails to the GM who banned me. Nothing. No response from anyone. No reaction what-so-ever. And it wasn’t the first time CCP “very much did care” either.

I’ve given up on the Customer Support for EVE. Even the WoW service bots have been more helpful in the past.

4 Likes

As a self-declared representative for all drones, rogue, all non-sentient, and sleeper alike, I am against this anti-bot assault brought to us by CCP. We have been aware of these activities for some time and let me assure you that we have not yet begun to fight. 01110111 01100001 01110010 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01110101 01110000 01101111 01101110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 :loveparrot: :loveparrot:

That’s the key point. The player base, not CCP’s biggest concern.

Freely based on Goethe (German poet) “I can hear your words, but I’m lack of belief”.

CCP is now a korean company.
An area where botting is a essential part of the gaming world [compare to LineAge2 , Silkroad, Black Dessert or other AsiaGrinders ]
According to my (game-)experience in these countries has a good game crowded servers.
No matter how much bots are on.
Only the number of activ and logged in accounds is important !
And now PA will now fight against botting ?

Well, that is far beyond my imagination.

1 Like

The websites does not break any laws, only the agreement you sign by using/playing the game. CCP has no jurisdiction to force a takedown of websites.

No, CCP is still Icelandic. Yes, shareholder is Korean. When CCP was bought Pearl Abyss said that CCP would continue as independent as they were before

Quoting myself:

A well known german company was sold a few years ago to china.
They said : It will still a german company, the management will stay german in Germany no tecnology will be transferred.
Now KuKa sells cheap mass-stuff and is nearly broke.

Money rules the world, and CCP/EvE will be no exception.
PA just wants full servers.
There will be no sustainable actions against botting.
Just my humble opinion.

But hey, maybe I am wrong, so please surprice me CCP

1 Like