The Fight Against Cheating in EVE Online

I glaub scho - Swabian for all !

1 Like

In this thread it is about ISK faucets, that is how ISK enters the game, trade is not creating new ISK in the game, still I think the reasoning of CCP for the Trade Update Tax is an outright lie, nevertheless.

Shouldn’t the background image for this be 20 orcas in an ice belt? Those ships flying near a station don’t look like bots at all.

1 Like

lol “whoosh” :wink:

1 Like

et tu :airplane: :dash:

If the laws themselves are unjust and infringe on fundamental human liberties, how does that affect the 5%?

This Dev Blog is barely worth a reply since it’s clear it has been “Gagged” by CCP owners…………

Why is there no Market data included ? …….

And where did the monthly report from Team Security ever goto ???

A further point to consider since the DEV BLOG CLEARLY indicates that CCP Know cheating/botting is occurring is……………… WHERE DID ALL THOSE T2 BPO’S END UP ???

T2 BPO’s - It would be interesting to see the current distribution of these since any player who has ever subbed up to EvE in the past 5 years has no access to these BPO’s AT ALL………….

Those T2 BPO’s are GODLIKE as things go…………… Did Team Security ever look into how the people that “Own” them have obtained them ? ……………… Just saying……………

Give over with the T2 BPO paranoia, times long long long since past on that one - about the only thing CCP could do is to boost invention a bit more (at least its not stuck in negatives as it once was…)

It’s not a Paranoia - It’s where the “Real” Isk goes.

I been at his game for longer than I’d like to admit and am WELL USED to documenting Bots…………

If the Devs can answer why there is no market Data in this thread AND IF THEY have access to where all the T2 BPO’s are owned then I will suggest they find the source of MANY OF THE BOTS they “Say” they are hunting.

I love this game Bud - I truly do - I just feel Team Security do not have the powers they need to have :frowning:

I still think you overly conflate the two.

Most botting is there to generate RMT, either for the people doing it and/or the people who allow it to happen and benefit from it (RMT or isk) - that is primarily based in null sec (Economic Report makes it fairly clear which groups might be considered to benefit/participate the most)

T2 BPOs are a rather different matter - whilst alot have been collected by individuals grown wealthy (some by dubious means) others are owned by relatively ‘normal’ players - some of those BPOs generate a lot of income, some are worthless

I own two T2 BPOs. One of them, fully researched, costs more to build than the sell price at Jita, by ~10%. The other one is an ammo blueprint that isn’t worth bothering with, since I can invent almost the same thing in an hour or two.

lol @ Hard working players

Am I seeing this wrong or is there no mention of FW at all in that graph?

The entire FW market is controlled by bots.

FW does not payout flat ISK but rarher in LP which is why it’s not on the list just like mining…

Yes but now no data is provided at all. Nor any acknowledgement that this is also looked at as a problem.

I am really interested in seeing the suspected LP payout because the number of bots encountered in FW the last year was absurd.

I totally Agree - “Some” are worthless but that is the same for many items in New Eden………

Many people in PvP corps would say that mining is also “worthless” yet CCP have admitted that mining bots are pretty much the “Root” cause of issues……… Second to the Ratting Bot’s ………. when you take into account the power of the Rorqual.

I rest my case when CCP took a look at the Belts/Anoms Nerf…………… they got it right for once.

Rather sadly, they have not extended the hand of death to those that were able to generate the hundreds of billions needed to aquire the T2 BPO’s.

I am NOT ASKING HERE to call out individual names - all I am asking is that “Team Security” be allowed to look upon the “Distribution” of said T2 BPO’s………. Maybe then a pattern can be seen as to how that MASSIVE amount of ISK was generated to buy them all……. (T2 is a VERY CLOSE COMMUNITY)

It’s NOT just about T2 BPO’s but more that as CCP tighten down the clamps, I can see the noose tightening……… The current target is the market but T2/contracts seems to be being ignored…….

Oh how nice would it be to see where the majority of these copies are going and then trace the ISK back to the seller………….

Let’s BE CLEAR here in a BOT POST - ISK IS ONLY Valuable if you RMT :frowning: You Can’t take it out the game if you decide to leave………………….

1 Like

Looking at the graph, it seems like every (suspected) bot broke on the 1st of January, so CCP can fix this by just setting the server clock to cycle over to January 1st all the time … :wink:

As players what changes can we expect from this?
Our current economy is making everything super expensive both in game currency and real currency. . Right now the game is way too grindy and in my opinion, third party purchases are the result of this, for example 10 skill injectors would require around $130usd.
So my question is, will this be an improvement for us? Or will prices rise making it even more expensive?

As so many others have said, CCP is in it for the cash. It would take the a lot of active players to unsub to hurt their wallet enough for them to stop bottling if thats even possable. Meh…

Don’t stop. Keep the fire going and roast’em.

1 Like