The Grand Heist - In Testing

This.

first minute payout is 10k, second minute 130k, third minute 650k, fourth 2.05m, fifth (peak) 5.01m, then it halves every minute after that. (2.42, 1.31, 770k etc).

Most reasonable activities with medium to low risk will return much more than this per minute. to sit in a bubble with a big target on your head with all the leg work of finding the keys as well makes this unappealing.

total for 15 minutes (5 minutes key) is 13.8million. Less than an ishtar ratting tick in the same system.

How many players did you have in the ESS? The number provided is divided equally by all players.

The numbers provided to the CSM were much higher.

just 1 in ESS. Iā€™ll re-run with a second, but if I need to multibox for it to be worth while Iā€™ll just go mine somewhere quiet.

Payout rate seems far too lowā€¦?

When multiple people are linked it appears to display the payout per fleet member BUT non fleet members can also link and affect the actual payout

and also the payout amount is stupidly small, as others have reported

I took a bunch of screenshots of the entire process - you can see that it peaks up around 3M per tick, and the total payout for a 15min hack is around 14M for a single person. When we used multiple people, it split between them.

1 Like

Since the funds go into the cargohold in the form of tokens (?) can we please disallow the use of Filaments after you got one of these tokens in your cargo? Stealing the bank and then just filamenting out of the danger zone would be very frustrating for the people owning the space.

lest your window of opportunity be snatched away by an opportunistic roaming fleet.

CCP pipedreaming again. Which roaming fleet will have one of these valuable keys in their cargoholds? If anything, it would be filamenting fleets and these canā€™t reasonably be called roaming fleets.

1 Like

Not only is the rate of payout way too low, but the fact that it splits this already low fixed rate between fleet members and that it doesnā€™t scale with the amount of isk in the bank means that literally nobody will take the risk of going after large banks under this system. Why go after the massive banks and incur the risk of fighting the response fleet when you get the same rate payout in the middle of nowhere, and better rate payout with a smaller gang, and why do either when the fixed rate of payout even for a solo thief is one of the worst isk for time of any activity in the game? IMO, should be tied to a percentage of the isk in the bank, and should have mechanics tied to the payout itself to dissuade self-stealing, rather than having the only disincentive to self stealing being the extremely low rate of payout.

Anyone can come in and link once you unlock it. They donā€™t need a key of their own.

OK, so re-test with 2 characters in fleet. Total payout per 1 minute tick is unchanged but this is divided into 2 and rounded down to correct bounty tokens. This means that there is no benefit to more than 1 player linking to the ESS in terms of total money extracted. It remains 13.8 mill over the 15 minutes. In fact due to rounding there is a slightly lower payout in early and late ticks.

Also just to observe that by the end of the 6 minute tick (on the 5 minute key) you have taken 10.3mill of the 13.8mill. Who would wait around for 9 more minutes for 3.5mill at the time of highest probability of a response?

3 Likes

To add on and reaffirm what has already been said above. The payout rate is way too low. If I am to use the 45 min key by myself and the max payout is 5mil regardless of bank size, why would I ever chose to rob a bank? I think the payout rate should scale with reserve bank size, not just be an already set number. I sat there for 25min for about 35mil in a 17b reserve bank ESS. Risk vs. reward is not there. I also donā€™t think there is an incentive to defend such a small payout.

For the 45min key, peak payout happened at the 1/3 mark with that peak payout being 5mil and it decreasing after that. I personally wouldnā€™t want to wait 20 more min to get just a bit more isk. I think extending peak payout to 1/2 or even 2/3 the total time and vastly scaling the amount paid would provide enough incentive to try to rob the bank and stay there a good amount of time.

One other thing to add. Are the keys gong to be available year round or will it be a seasonal event? Having the keys only available for a month out of the year and then letting the banks fill back up for the rest of the year would be amazing for content. Something to look forward to each year. Then have a pirate bloodbath for a month with giant payouts instead of paltry 30mil payouts all the time.

3 Likes

So some feedback/suggestions:

I think the payout is too low - a 15 minute intrusion may be worth more in the region of 100-300 or so for a single player with the per player reward tapering the more people are involved (as the risk falls the larger the group) so say 60-200 mill each for 5 people and not a lot once you get into a larger gang 10+.

I also think the taper after the peak is not maximising the risk/reward. The payout maybe should rise throughout the 15 minutes or have a significant final payment to try to keep the intruder on grid for greater reward whilst a response fleet may form up.

The 45 minute intrusion should follow the same principle but I would suggest that no response after 15 minutes means the risk at that point is falling so maybe there is a sustained payout rather than continued rise. 45 minutes for 1 player in that environment may have a value somewhere around 500mill-1bill and with tapering (per player) the larger the gang.

Just my thoughts on how to make players take the risk and encourage other players to respond to it.

Also this is just my opinion and numbers are just examples, please donā€™t flameā€¦lol

1 Like

These things donā€™t stay unlocked forever as far as I can tell by the text in the dev blog.

Just yet another activity for only the largest alliances to completely control. Bravo ā€¦ way to keep new people interested ā€¦

3 Likes

In regards to the payout:
Current setting in Singularity donā€™t reflect TQ settings.
The payout system is designed in a way that we can quickly make changes.
This should be demonstrated shortly when the expected initial TQ settings are applied to singularity!
You should expect a max payout per tick of around 150mil.

Looking forward for your feedback!

5 Likes

No, but they do for 15 minutes or 45 minutes depending on the token

Plz reseed redemption keys when you do that, people used em already

@CCP_Paradox

1 Like

The initial values were much lower due to testing. The values you see on the keys now should better reflect the intended figures.

That being said, weā€™re still gathering feedback and the values may change before the update is live on Tranquility

Youā€™re absolutely right on the values, the initial values on the test server were from a previous testing phase. Theyā€™ve been adjusted to better reflect the intended values