The 'Hivaa Saitsuo' Usability

and the geddon ? Plankton talked about him, not sure if good, I think it should.

Years ago when CCP first introduced T3 Cruisers to the game I had just finished skill training all ships that were Cov Ops capable and was using a Rapier as an ‘all in one’ exploration/scout cloak-warp able ship. For the actual probing aspect I already had max trained all scanning skills so I just needed to boost the ship a bit:

Clone Implant slot 8
1x Poteque ‘Prospector’ Astrometric Rangefinding AR-806 = 6% increased scan probe strength
Ship Rig
1x Medium Gravity Capacitor Upgrade II = 15% increased probe scan strength
Ship Module
1x Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher = 10% increased probe strength
7x Sisters Combat Scanner Probe = 2% increased probe strength
7x Sisters Core Scanner Probe = 4% increased probe strength
7x RSS Core Scanner Probe = 5% increased probe scan strength

It was an Autocannon/Drone boat fit with Shield Buffer tank. Course after I got a T3 Cruiser I rarely ever used the Rapier after that. However when CCP recently changed the ships weapon system to Missiles, I did a refit on it as a HAM/Drone Boat with active Shield Boost tank. I don’t care about the cost of the 2x C3-X BCS mods, I got over a dozen of them from the event, plus I usually do bling fit’s anyway. Those 2 mods increased the Rapier’s overall DPS more than just using 2x Faction BCS since I also use 3x T2 Medium and 2x T2 Light scout drones as half of the ship’s weapon system.

The ship is mainly used for PvE content but a quick refit with Cov Ops cloak and speed / agility mods makes it great as a PvP scout. By the way, how do you get the pyfa fitting screenshots? I haven’t been able to find that option.

2 Likes

A legion with an assault subsystem wpuld also work pretty great with a few of these I think.

As for screenshots… take a screenshot? Every OS has a way of doing that, usually tied to the ‘print screen’ key :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well, pyfa should have an option to save a pic of the fitting.

Anyway, I’m just a user, not a computer programmer. Sure my keyboard has that key, I just don’t exactly know what folder the ‘Print Scrn’ image would be placed in.

2 Likes

It doesn’t place it in any folder, it puts it in the clipboard. You then open up an image editing program and paste it into there and save it…

3 Likes

Still waiting on a Drone-Projectile (Machariel) and Drone-Hybrid (Vindicator). Drool…

1 Like

An Image Editing Program such as … ?

1 Like

Microsoft Paint or whatever comes built into the Microsoft operating system these days. I think it’s called Paint 3D in Windows 10. Any image editor will work, and there are tons of free ones out there. GIMP is absolutely free and is an excellent choice.

1 Like

Ahhh, ok thanks.

1 Like

As @Erethond and @QuakeGod mentioned, you must use the PrtScn (PrintScreen) button. Sadly, there are very few apps which allows to screenshot the ‘UI’ view with post process computations. For example, in Win these screenshots are saved in a none optimal BMP or other native format, which must be converted into most portable formats, under sRGB color mode, like: JPG, PNG, GIF, PDF, TIFF. So, addition convertor coding is required. It’s doable to implement with coding, but those ‘language’ meta operators works unstable time to time and this is the main reason why many developers not using this option actively (only Print To). On dual screen computers it’s not so hard to redo the screenshots. Options:

Print Screen
To capture your entire screen, tap the PrtScn button. Your screenshot will not be saved, but it will be copied to the clipboard – you’ll need to open an image editing tool (such as Microsoft Paint), paste the screenshot in the editor and save the file from there.

Alt + Print Screen
To take a quick screenshot of the active window, use the keyboard shortcut Alt + PrtScn. This will snap your currently active window and copy the screenshot to the clipboard. You will need to open the shot in an image editor to save it.

Windows Key + Print Screen
To capture your entire screen and automatically save the screenshot, tap the Windows Key + PrtScn. Your screen will briefly go dim to indicate that you’ve just taken a screenshot, and the screenshot will be automatically saved in the Pictures > Screenshots folder.

Windows Key + H
If you’d like to capture your entire screen for sharing purposes, you can use the Windows Key + H keyboard shortcut. This will capture your entire screen and open the Windows Share toolbar so you can immediately share it with your friends via email, Facebook, Twitter, OneNote, etc.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.