The Hunt - Webbed and Warp Scrambled - What can I do?

This “The Hunt” event is currently on and after reading up on it I actually managed to get my hands on one of those capsules and the key inside it.

So, the next step is to locate some combat site and after figuring out which exactly I warp to it (via acceleration gate - so no “warp to 100km”) and:

I am in the middle of 4 PvE ships that simultaneously web and warp scramble me.

Naturally, I lose my ship because I can neither warp out nor flee and since I have long rang guns I don’t make much damaged at 5000m.

People on the forums say that for any seasoned player these enemies are not hard to beat. However, they don’t say exactly how - and since no one disagrees, I assume there is some kind of secret knowledge required. Knowledge that I as a newbie don’t have.

I thought about warp stabilizers (would not help against the web), short range guns (would also not help against the web and the incoming damage) and cloaking (maybe?). But as a new player I don’t have millions of ISK lying around to experiment on this.

So it would be nice if someone could explain to me how to deal with such a situation.

Thanks.

I had a similar experience as a hewer player, years ago, running missions rather than a special event site though.

These days, before I enter a mission or a complex that is unfamiliar to me, I first check the entries for the site in either wiki.eveuniversity.org or eve-survival.org. While these sites are not always kept up-to-date (and therefore detailed info on the Hunt sites aren’t there), for most other types of PVE there will be some kind of notation if there are NPCs that use EWAR.

That way, I can prepare. Or try to.

1 Like

Yes, event sites can be tricky, and this event’s sites definitely are.
To be honest I start by watching Youtube footage before I enter to have an idea what ship and which setup is needed.

In this case I tried and completed the sites in different ships: Algos, a double Nos Cruor, and a Retribution. The Algos was hardest, Retribution is quite easy. You need repper (thus also capacitor), close range guns/rockets, and if you deploy Drones, you have to take care of the drones and your ship.

I suggest to finish the first pocket in a team, makes it easier, but you still feel the grip of (NPC) death :wink:

1 Like

You really just need to use a ship that can actively tank all of the incoming damage and survive. You can see that all of the rats are gonna orbit you close, like under 10km close, so you don’t need to use long range guns.

Get a ship that’s got good resistances, get yourself some active repairing modules, and make sure you have a cap booster to help you counter the neut pressure.

1 Like

You might want to try asking for a feedback on your fit, or saying what you can fly, and then ask for a fit. Also, here’s a video of pocketsDK using a punisher, and here’s a video of Dad Dex using an incursus.

1 Like

You’ll be hit with everything in these sites. A bit like a jack of trades thing - neuting, web, scram, ECM - not much but a bit of everything at the same time. But focus on your tank and then damage.

Some basic rules:

1. Get a good tank vs thermal and kinetic damage.
  2. Be cap stable and then some
  3. Fit for close range combat

It’s not super friendly for new pilots, but doable. I can blap the sites in minutes as a 80m SP pilot in a Assault Frigate with some dead space mods, you can’t.

So, pick the sturdiest/tankiest frigate you can fly and fit as above. That means kinetic and thermal resistance, a repair mod of sorts and some guns. Skip propulsion mod, if you have low skills it will kill cap and fitting.

If you need some in game help grab me online (Kridgar or Ambere Ataron) and I can do some sites with you.

1 Like

Here’s an example of a cheap, low skill fit Incursus. Use the same concept for whatever faction you can fly, and upgrade to Navy/Pirate modules and ships if you can afford it.

Once you’ve figured how much pressure it can take you can start replacing taking and cap mods for damage and application mods such as mag stabs, webs etc.

[Incursus, Incursus]
Modal Light Neutron Particle Accelerator I, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S

Eutectic Compact Cap Recharger
Small Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Eutectic Compact Cap Recharger

Small ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructer I
Prototype Energized Kinetic Membrane I
Prototype Energized Thermal Membrane I
Prototype Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I

Small Capacitor Control Circuit I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Hobgoblin I x1

1 Like

Whadya reckon you could try next? Is there a solution here?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.