The like and get likes thread II

Fortnite Playground Mario Kart, of course!

9 Likes

A company falling down a cliff of debt is bad… but for a CEO, falling off a cliff is fatal! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

He tried to climb a low wall to see the view and take pictures," the source said. After failing a first time, Wang took a run up. “He fell over the top and dropped 10 meters.”

:facepalm:

10 Likes

That is this music from Cyberpunk 2077 trailer, full song. :ok_hand:

9 Likes

He looks quite dead for being unkillable :thinking:

9 Likes

That is like 1 year from last time I did log into LoTRO. Must first redownload the game tho. :anguished:

9 Likes

Aaand, beddy time! Nighties lovelies!

Also: those days when you’re a President and they build you a statue and write the inscriptions in Comic Sans…

9 Likes

So much for today.

9 Likes

Those things were great. Take them home for the weekend, and they ran Lotus. Shot a perfectly good weekend.

Come to think of it they sucked. Got to the point no one wanted to take them home. Just a stack of them in EDP. :smiley:

Wait. Maybe that was VisiCalc.
“Dan Bricklin as the “father” of the electronic spreadsheet.” You damn right he is…

A Brief History of Spreadsheets

11 Likes

Happy explosion awareness day

11 Likes

Also, it’s Doggy Valium Day.

10 Likes
10 Likes

That depends if the debt is bad, in other words, if the company fell in debt without its own fault, or, if the company didn’t “fall in debt” of its own fault.
It’s possible to find and solve problems caused by other financial causes .
For instance, debt from other sources is being attempted to be attributed to a company.
However, it may not be possible to detect the intentions otherwise.
The company may not be liable, and the source of the debt may be from criminal coercion and extortion, from entities liable for it not related to the company’s interest.
Of course it is bad, but it’s not the company’s fault, and it managed to detect the problem, even as forces that be try to interfere against solving the problem.

Also, if trying to save files without making a backup or register copyright result in hard disk failure and extra costs to retrieve the files, due to electronic warfare or other, it may be better to make backups and register copyrights for them.

10 Likes

I still have Lotus 1-2-3 on a 5.25" floppy, which came with my first IBM (XT), with IBM keyboard and IBM monochrome, green and black, monitor.
My XT had no hard disk, but that gave it some potential extra speed, since it didn’t take time to write to the hard disk, and only used the RAM to run the code(s).

One computer similar to the Commodore SX-64 is a computer model used by electric power company, to do some work on some of their systems.
It was equally portable and had the same idea.
I can post a photo of it later, once I get a new one from my storage.
We can then verify the code of the serial number and brand name, to compare with what it was able to do and what it was designed for.

Commodore were quite an advance in graphics compared to TVs.
This is true compared to standards of today.

Mmh, yes.
I learned how to program with Ashton-Tate dBase III+.

Stable release
dBASE PLUS 11 / 14 December 2016; 18 months ago

Website www.dbase.com

The company sold to Borland, the owner / producer of Turbo C++ and it’s successors for business.

Also, not to confuse is
EDP
Science and technology
Emotionally disturbed person, a person suffering from an acute episode of mental illness
and
Computing
Electronic data processing, the use of automated methods to process commercial data

The first implies that someone who is disturbed or attacked emotionally is with mental illness (almost as if others didn’t have mental illness, even if to a lesser degree or level), while in fact it is not his own action but that of others against him in fact.
So yes, that definition is not the best for the medical condition, but one may have to learn and know (or , even, understand, and put in practice ) electronic data processing to be able to detect that.

dBase III+ allowed me to redo my GW-Basic and CoBOL 74-85 code for inventory program with integrated evaluation (in numerical dollars amount, and in numbers of units) into a database format which would have eventually be possible to use into a spreadsheet model.
It wasn’t hard to input the field for the inventory from a menu with an input screen design, but a spreadsheet could have been integrated into the program to add functionality, given the extra security needs would be met (to avoid changes by error).

It turns out it’s also a good program to keep track of attacks and damage value and potential risk for damage to inventory from attempted forfeiture.
When we created this, there was a company whereas the clients were being overcharged by company clerks without means to verify electronically.
We had to design a new system to monitor transaction so that the reasons for the overcharging would be easier to detect for legal purposes.
We didn’t work for the law, neither were we against it, we just proposed and implemented a solution to solve the business problem.

I applied it to my own business.
It also allows me to detect and create libraries of symptoms of hardware systems which are not functioning as they should be.
Eventually, it’s not hard to see if legal entities are abusing the system and how, and other legal organization are in charge for those who do not comply.

Edit:
Once one of the “Big Three” software companies, which included Microsoft and Lotus, the company stumbled and was later sold to Borland in September 1991.

I took my course in 1992, and had the same course part time in 1990.
The part time course didn’t have the system analysis course, and we had the same dBase III+ course.

11 Likes

Lol 80’s marketing

Timezone everyone :kissing_heart:

10 Likes

They still run those BBS.
Many programs and games can only be found there.

11 Likes

Anybody fancies some quick ninja course?

10 Likes

Good morning LAGLers! Yesterday I came to realize completely why I struggle so bad with modern FPS like WoT or GTAO. It’s because they visually simualte reality very accurately, and in reality, to my eyesight, the world is a blurry mess beyond 20-25 meters. And thus, when a game like GTAO accurately represents reality, I can’t see the NPCs shooting me unless they’re really, really close. Beyond 25 meters, I must rely on color to tell things apart. That works well because, FAI, pavement-colored cars are unusual, and they move, and they cast shadows, so I can pretty much tell a car is coming from a wopping 100 meters away under direct sunlight. In the night, well, telling the distance to moving headlights is a lot more difficult (also because I don’t have binocular vision) and I just wait for the traffic lights to be green.

Back in the old days, in a game such as Wolfenstein, the NPCs were brightly colored blobs at any distance so I had absolutely no trouble with them (also my eyesight was a bit better). Unreal Tournament, that was another FPS I played a lot with little trouble. But as graphics have improved… I’ve lost my abbility to play most FPs.

I would be a terrible shooter IRL, and so in realistic videogames about seeing stuff and shooing it.

(Players in GTAO, with their fancy hovering names, are a different matter. They’re quite easier to spot and shoot at if they’re cloe enough… also they show up in radar!)

10 Likes

I feel like this is more important to me. Some shapes that move. Also tactics, when you are yourself still and in hiding, observing from a far, then awaiting proper moment to ambush. Like when I placed a bomb on a parking in a tight spot, I hid myself behind a wall, and when someone wanted to get to me in a car, I detonated it and car was blown up.

You can also try these ninja hand gestures:

They help to stay calm, concentrate and relax.

10 Likes

Well, in order to see the shape move, you must tell the shape… If it’s a contrasting colour it works fine, but usually that’s not the case. This means that I crash a lot on cars when driving by night in GTAO, and dawn/dusk lighting conditions are incredibly annoying. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes
9 Likes