The like and get likes thread II

Hmmm? :thinking::smirk:

8 Likes

Asking credit cards it’s almost universal among car rental companies. They will block the insurance excess and other concepts on the card to have them covered in case something goes wrong and need to charge those amounts. They also demand that the card belongs to the person signing the contract.

As with other business, fraud killed good will many, many years ago… :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

They have it better than null sex systems… :grin:

8 Likes

Also: good morning LAGLers! It’s Friday, which usually is good news!

7 Likes

Hiawatha! :sunglasses:

I will call this stone axe Hiawatha.

7 Likes

Hmm poland must have had one hell of a heat wave, cause i can’t recall palm trees growing there :smiley:

8 Likes

Did you kill them or brought them alive? Have tried going on a police-killing rampage with the hatchett? :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Hmmm… these images were filmed in Poland, too:

(They transplanted plants from the Nlle to a Polish lake to film the boat scenes… no expenses were spared!)

7 Likes

Huh… what’s this? A joke? Are they making an all-female Terminator film? (I’m assuming that the androgynous person in the middle is a woman… not 100% sure, though)

(On second thought, the photo editing is so bad that probably ti’s a kind of fake, but Linda Hamilton looks badass nonetheless) :thinking:

8 Likes

And here is some news about old cheese!

7 Likes

you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink

You can give someone an advantage or provide them with an opportunity, but you can’t
force them to do something if they don’t want to. A: “I just don’t understand. We’ve given
him the very best education and introduced him to the right people, but he just won’t pursue
a meaningful career.” B: “Well, you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink.”

https://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/la_bourse_ou_la_vie

la bourse ou la vie [\la buʁ.s‿u la vi](Annexe:Prononciation/français — Wiktionnaire, le dictionnaire libre) féminin

• money or your Life
  1. Demander à quelqu’un son argent, sa bourse, avec menace de le tuer s’il refuse.
  • Ask someone for his money, his purse, with the threat of killing him if he refuses.

http://www.linternaute.fr/expression/langue-francaise/14232/la-bourse-ou-la-vie/
Origine

L’expression vient du Moyen Âge, où les bandits de grand chemin étaient légion. Ceux-ci interpellaient alors leurs victimes par le biais de l’expression, leur laissant le choix entre donner leur bourse ou leur vie.

• Origin:
  • The expression comes from the Middle Ages, where highwaymen were legion. They then challenged their victims through the expression, leaving them the choice between giving their purse or their life.

Nothing to do with
marché boursier ,
even though the meaning is
“stock market”
or to threaten with death if they don’t work in investments , so as to prevent death of others, and therefore, do good onto others, or die by failing or if and when failing to do so, due to damage done to them.

The Silhouette in the water would die as the horse refuses to drink and holds the little bag, which also is a bourse, as the stock market is.
The person who possibly led the other to water to drink ended up getting its life jeopardized because of other administration reasons.

Highwayman

A highwayman was a robber who stole from travellers. This type of thief usually traveled and robbed by horse as compared to a footpad who travelled and robbed on foot; mounted highwaymen were widely considered to be socially superior to footpads. Wikipedia

7 Likes

Last one did not want to come alive. I did not insist. :skull:

Soon there will be palm trees everywhere, even in Sweden. :+1:

7 Likes

Today i’ve sold a ticket to one of the rarest flight connections in the world: Istambul - Ercan. :grin:

Ercan is the airport to the Turkish side of Cyprus and isn’t recognized internationally, thus the only scheduled flights to Ercan are from cities in Turkey and Azerbadjan.

7 Likes

And now I’m off to bed! Nighties lovelies!

7 Likes

Paid the car assurance bill today. Other than that it was pretty uneventful. Maybe NMS will run for longer than 4 hours without eating all 6gb of my video memory. But I doubt it.

7 Likes

Leave for three years and the whole forums change. Rude.

8 Likes

Timezone everyone :kissing_heart:

I see emotes changed somewhat. If only we could get some of the emote love it in EVE chat. :laughing:

6 Likes

Androgynous? That’s Cameron from the excellent technology-based quasi-period drama Halt and Catch Fire!

9 Likes

Maybe its the terminator, new model? :thinking:

7 Likes

Yiole, I have seen this:

Looks like the best counter to Opressor Mk2 is the other Opressor Mk2. :woman_facepalming:
Shows how much Rockstar cares for balance and how much for making people buy shark cards.

7 Likes