The like and get likes thread II

Mobile EVE game.

5 Likes

Its… Japan. :cold_sweat:

4 Likes
4 Likes

I thought this was EVE Online on shitpost.

2 Likes

Those days when a torpedo hit makes your forward magazine explode and all your ship’s fore splits apart, crashes on your aft section before sinking and yet your ship stays afloat and makes it to the nearest port:

USS New Orleans (CA-32) arriving at Tulagi after being hit by a torpedo.

After repairs:

5 Likes

Lots of pipe work to get to the refitting area.
They made Super Mario Bros after that…

The timezones are different in space.

The system also let me save my post instead of having to extract all data otherwise than by editing a post and Ctrl+C (copy it) to paste it in another data storage medium (compared to, say, not to be).

2 Likes

In Diablo 3 I got a small steampunk battlecruiser stylized after those in starcraft for 20th anniversary of starcraft. Looks cute. Flying after me everywhere. :relaxed:

4 Likes

New Orleans was CA-32. The damage shown is in Tulagi Harbor before field repairs that consisted of a makeshift bow made of coconut logs that would allow her to travel (backwards) to Sydney. A temporary bow was welded on in Sydney so the ship could make the journey back to Puget Sound for repairs and refit.

It’s amazing that they spent all those resources on repair instead of replacement. What’s even more amazing is that repairs were complete within a year.

7 Likes

May he rest in peace.

Good night, lovelies. :heart:

6 Likes

Stan Lee ( Wikipedia)
6 Likes

Well, those ships were built by sections, so I guess they just had to clean up for welding a new section before the surviving bulkhead.

6 Likes

Ah, fake covers… they’re a kind of meme, but I don’t feel they’re right, faking the past is a slippery slope.

5 Likes

The Titanic was built like that too.
That’s why they have those pressure door that looks like a vault with the spinning wheel on top, to close it watertight shut.
The idea is that, if part of the ship gets sunk, the other parts can be sealed off, and keep the ship afloat.
It’s not designed to have parts of it blowed up like that, and have the front guns missing.

The extra pipe work is the water draining on the side of the from water pumps taking the water infiltrating back out with water pumps.
They use this system for flood as well.

2 Likes

And now I am calling it quits, this is my last week of holidays and haven’t slept well a single night in 14 days… sigh.

Nighties lovelies!

Also: out of battery juice? Just get a tow rope & a friendly gas car!

5 Likes

Which holidays @Yiole_Gionglao ?

3 Likes

My ““summer”” holidays, which I usually do on October but this year they’re being in November. :grinning:

6 Likes

(of an argument or account) unable to be disputed or questioned.

“their alibis are watertight”

synonyms: indisputable, unquestionable, incontrovertible, irrefutable, unassailable, impregnable;More

im·preg·na·ble

/imˈpreɡnəb(ə)l/

adjective

1. (of a fortified position) unable to be captured or broken into.

“an impregnable wall of solid sandstone”

synonyms: invulnerable, impenetrable, unassailable, inviolable, secure, strong, well fortified, well defended; More

• unable to be defeated or destroyed; unassailable.

“the case against Hastings would have been almost impregnable”

synonyms: unassailable, unbeatable, undefeatable, unshakable, invincible, unconquerable, invulnerable

“he displayed a calm, impregnable certainty”

Nothing to do with pregnancy for an ansi.

Maybe, what can we do, and what can we do at best, and how can we improve it?

How can we improve what we can do for in case of natural disaster or acts of God and to improve our safety.
There are ways to stop that, but we have to work more on it to improve it because it very likely won’t be enough.

5 hours ago, yeah! Not that old anymore.

Nona’s Spaghet

Edit:
Also, 1 day after the last deleted post which edit function let me save it faster than by extracting data without edit for over 5 hours, about the Solar probe Google Chrome history and Youtube history, my Google Chrome history system stopped working.
Youtube history system is still intact, as was already confirmed, except for that previous Solar Probe link.

2 Likes

So again pumpkins are in the news here. Someone stolen pumpkins from someone else and laid them on his own empty field so they would look like his own. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Timezone everyone. :kissing_heart:

6 Likes
3 Likes

And the thieve didn’t think that maybe someone would wonder where were the plants (stems and leafs) are gone? Or did he steal the pumpkins with the whole plant? :thinking:

5 Likes