The like and get likes thread II

Mornings LAGLers! Last night I tried to go sleep earlier by shifting my computer time routine -but I got stuck with something longer than expected and went to bed at about my regular time. The best-laid plans of mice and men…

5 Likes

The wonderful world of RC drones…

5 Likes

My favourite sequence from that film and they make it sound similar even, only very high pitched. :joy::ok_hand:

Timezone everyone :kissing_heart:

Well, those strange cars were produced domestically on Japanese market. Subaru Impreza:

It looks horrible, but people bought them in Japan, nostalgia is hell of a drug.

5 Likes

Cigarette shortens life by 5 minutes, bottle of vodka by 10 minutes, and day in work by 8 hours. :laughing:

5 Likes

I always wonder how people can say things like “a cigarette shortens life by a year”. How do they know this??

Nana, I wish I had you as a teacher in school. Your words make perfect sense. :triumph:

Now Poland needs to leave the EU and join the British Commonwealth. Half of you already live here in the UK and the other half is fighting against EU laws!

5 Likes

If they’re near terminal phase, either that, or they have a contract to end their life 1 year shorter.

Their knowledge of this is about as good as the court which invested in them at the detriment of others who try to help society and are instead indicted into wrong doing to care for people like that.

2 Likes

They estimate averages. If people die (say) 10 years earlier after smoking (say) 100,000 cigarettes, then 1 cigarette = 1/100,000 of 10 years less of living.

And no, Poland should not leave the EU. Nobody should for the good of our grandchildren. The fate of Europe it’s unity or war. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

This game had a lot of bad press unfortunately, but they did not throw a towel. :sunglasses:
6 Likes

All right now, I missed that, I saw it yesterday, I didn’t know it was done yesterday until now.
3 Likes

Today I logged Yiole into EVE to check the new gates -well, one gate, since I just jumped back and forth to a nearby system. Can’t remember how where the old gates and effect and the new one isn’t specially thrilling -but I guess it isn’t meant to be. Also now the gates have some kind of banners, but couldn’t see them well because they’re only visible when approaching the entry point and ships just approach the gates from whatever direction. All in all, I felt no emotion. Loggin in was very slow and I first tried to log Ish but there was an issue refreshing token and couldn’t log. Whatever… :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

And now, beddy time! Nighties lovelies!

Also: NASA decides landing site for Mars 2020 rover…

Ancient river delta in Jezero Crater, there we (plan to ) go!

5 Likes

I did not noticed anything new about gates despite knowing what changed. That change is so uninteresting. Abyssal sites were a lot more interesting visually and in gameplay.

5 Likes

I think the “bubbles in a drink” effect along the stargate axis is new. Also I saw a strike of yellow in the blue goo when another ship landed (or departed). Animators gotta animate, I guess.

6 Likes

I cannot say much about the Abyss, but the new gates look nice. Considering how the game has aged, the fact that although it’s meant to be one, big server but still sort of segments space into systems, always made the gates look anachronistic and old. At least now they’re a lot more shiny than before.

They now have a point light to it, which reflects off of the ship models, too. It’s like a space lava lamp. :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

So I watch those sights in winter very often:

Timezone everyone :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

I don’t understand. By being towed, does the Tesla get charged beyond its battery capacity? :thinking:

6 Likes

No, it just gets charged so instead of spending energy to drive, it accumulates energy while being towed. Then that energy can be used to drive without being towed. This uses the regenerative braking function, which allows to use the motors as generators so they both brake the wheels and generate electricity. This is limited to a certain capacity as using the regenerative braking at higher speeds doesn’t works as it would be bad for the motors (since they heat up more when used as generators than as motors).

Both motors and generators work with the same principle, a moving magnetic field generates a moving electric current and vice versa. In the case of squirrel cage motors like those used in cars, a moving current in the stator (built with wires wrapped around it) inducts an opposed current in the rotor (built with conductive plates twisted around an axle), and each current haves its own magnetic field so they repel each other. As the currents move in a rotational fashion, this inducts the rotor to spin without any physical connection to the stator. It’s an extremely simple device and yet it’s very powerful and efficient.

6 Likes

This is just mesmerizing in a insane way… :scream:

7 Likes

Not at all, that’s just part of the course, and a possible $5,000 fine if the driver killed someone.

4 Likes

There’s so many things wrong with that scene that the driver tapping on a leg (he didn’t even crash on it!) is the lesser of their concerns. “Poorly built” and “overloaded” are just the obvious parts of what was wrong with those shelve racks.

Edit: he doesn’t even hit the leg… He actually hits a shelve with the forklift cage! :hushed:

6 Likes