The like and get likes thread II

VR is and will stay a fad that returns from time to time, untill it goes directly into the sensory areas into the brain, like for capsuleers.

For online games and youtube its actually like that already. And internet is getting faster, infrastructure can be improved if its too bad for the games. Its free market and it goes well with competition and progress. :sunglasses:

Timezone everyone :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Ze Germans discussing tanks:

:ok_hand:
3 Likes

Keep in mind that many people already have 1 gigabit down/up connections and I’m not only talking about Google Fiber. People in Romania and Bulgaria and some lower Nordic countries have blazing fast net speeds. Some lucky of them have even 50 gigabits down/up. Back in 2005, I had the chance to try out a 1 gigabit connection for several months at a net cafe. It had extremely low ping and very high responsiveness so it only seems logical to me to be able to play SOME games through it. Also internet connections are not what they are used to anymore. A VPN can now choose which data lines are less congested and offer the user a relatively free line.

Good morning, lovelies. :heart:

4 Likes

As I said, “No consumer electronics concept has ever succeeded, that couldn’t be shared within seconds of showing it”.

Plus, VR has been always a solution in search for a problem.

VR wave 1 was a solution to shared 3D worlds -but hardware wasn’t good enough.
VR wave 2 offered hardware good enough, but shared 3D worlds already where a thing on 2D screens and there isn’t anything else VR can bring to the table.

Why do you want VR? You don’t need it unless 1st person digital view is the optimal solution to your problem, and consumers don’t have that many issues where 1st person digital view is the optimal solution - and certainly not when that 1st person view detaches you from your physical surroundings.

Turns that “being here” is prefered over “being there”. Who could have guessed…

5 Likes

You know, the Inca empire or Tahuantinsuyu was eventually toppled by a small gang of 13 adventurers led by Francisco Pizarro, some of whom had narrowly escaped death in a previous attempt to conquer the empire. They succeeded on their third attempt, in which might be one of the most crushing defeats ever endured by a mighty military and political force.

The key moment was when Pizarro, who had been involved in a previous civil war between heirs of the Tahuantinsuyu, captured Atahualpa, winner of the war, right in front of his people who outnumbered the Spaniards by 150 to 1.

But you might wonder, what kind of balls does it take to do perform such an act?

Enter a man who would had fit perfectly with Pizarro’s 12 adventurers standing in the middle of a square and about to kidnapp the most powerful governor in Southern America, ruler over a million souls, right in front of his people and army:

That’s the right stuff to become legend.

imagen

5 Likes

:joy:
4 Likes

this also makes it easier to listen to music in a car, or, during the navigational computations.
It’s like explaining the definition of the word comprehension without omitting parts which would blind the understanding by not being included into the knowledge.

Also, do not confuse spring to mind with more dangerous outcomes.

I had one of those older mobile cellular radio telephone systems antenna on the roof of my 1978 Delta 88 in 1988, but those phone were worth thousands to $5,000 back then.
They were also more complicated to track.
I never had those phones though.

3 Likes

Good morning LAGLers! Last night I got totally and royally pissed out with Narcos: Mexico after Felix betrays Isabella. I just can’t help whiteknighting hourglass shaped, smoking hot brunnettes. :rofl:

Actress Teresa Ruiz, what kind of souless psycho would betray her character? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Maybe he likes muscular dudes more?

Timezone everyone :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Probably is just a plot twist to stress how the guy gets over his head and trades everyone and everything for his business, since the character is apparently fictional (but based on an actual trafficker who wasn’t part of the Gudalajara cartel).

4 Likes

Timezone lovelies. :heart:

Yesterday I spent my day ratting in null. The bounties were…bountiful. :relieved:

5 Likes

At about 3AM, I was drunk as a skunk because there was a lot of voddy. So, with a certain time limit, I did down it. I came home just in time to hear the cuckoo clock cuckoo three times. Quickly coming up with a plan, I cuckooed nine more times, hoping my wife would think it was midnight. I was very proud of myself.

The next day, my wife asked what time I got home, and I replied, “Midnight, just like I said.”

She said that was good, and for some reason she said we needed a new cuckoo clock. When I asked why, she answered, "Last night when it cuckooed midnight, it cuckooed three times, said ‘S%!t!,’ cuckooed four more times, farted, cuckooed three times, cleared its throat, cuckooed two more times and then started giggling.

:ok_hand:

5 Likes

Slightly earlier beddy time… nighties lovelies!

Also: aircraft replicas? 1:1 scale or go home!

5 Likes

Time for a laugh.

6 Likes

The battery that could make mass solar and wind power viable | Dispatch

3 days ago
CBC News: The National

Published on Dec 12, 2018

THE SUN IS NOT GASEOUS | Most-Critical 15min of Solar Physics

8.7K Thumbs up | 884 Thumbs down

Suspicious0bservers

Published on Dec 8, 2018

6 Likes

Noooo! :scream:

Timezone everyone. :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

Houm… molten metal sounds like the battery will consume its own charge to keep the metals molten, I wonder if that can really work commercially. And what if the battery cools down and metals solidify? :thinking:

As for the second video… he should have stick to his field of expertise. Claiming a liquid Sun with zero knowledge on elementary physics ain’t goin’ anywhere.

6 Likes

They should have brought volunteers with spoons to scoop the upper layers before using shovels and torches! :rofl:

4 Likes

Perfect lie.

5 Likes

Timezone lovelies. :heart:

I just ate chocolate with hazelnuts…YUM! :relaxed:

Time to spend the well-earned ISK I made 2 days ago.

5 Likes