The like and get likes thread II

4 Likes

2019: " A real challenge in getting 70%, 80% or 90% connected."

6 Likes

Yes, that is very important, because not only the opportunity is lost, but also, the damage will have to be repaid, since it’s illegal for the children there.

https://www.dir.ca.gov/title8/3656.html

https://store.csagroup.org/ccrz__ProductDetails?sku=Z259.12-11

4 Likes

Timezone lovelies. :heart:

Today is another day but different. Today is Saturday! :relieved:

4 Likes

Good morning LAGLers! Never not Saturday!

There is a saying in Catalan, “to make Saturday”, meaning to clean up either literally or metaphorically. It comes from when it was custom that workshops and shops open to the public would take advantage of Saturday being a slow work day to clean and arrange the place. It was regarded as good practice that also the boss did his share, fai, cleaning his office and more or less leading by example.

4 Likes

Timezone everyone :kissing_heart:

An interestin site:

Wanted to post a link about uterus transplant, but I think there is more of fun things there. BTW, what if people could get some artificial uteruses working some time in future? Why go thru the hassle of health risks? :thinking:

5 Likes
5 Likes

Steam is losing its mind… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Today I’ve tried to look for 4X space games so I’ve entered Steam… pick “strategy” tag… and instead of a list of strategy games, I’ve just received some random roll of stuff barely related to strategy, followed by a second roll of “suggested” games which included some weird hentai-esque stuff (WTF??) and essentiallly there is no way to see what games there are in the genre of “Strategy”.

Like, seriously. Steam has rendered the shop mostly useless.

5 Likes

I remember there was such thing like a game where on spaceships some girl crew piloted spaceship and player (male hero of course) had to do something to get the action going. Game had fascinating plot…

6 Likes

Thinking about Steam and their lack of filters, I’ve just remembered a news piece that went out recently. Some months ago, Facebook (a company that works for them) came to my city and set up an office at a icon building to, allgedly, fight fake news. They were hiring 500 people and now some months later ir’s being known that the thing with fake news never was implementd, rather employees where tasked with moderation. That caused many pèopel ot reject the job or quit after a few days, since moderating Facebook means being exposed to all kind of insane, disturbing stuff. Being exposed to so many things that can’t be unseen is becoming a worldwide issue for content providers. Even as most of the task is handed to developing countries (and so companies are barely pursuable by any damages the job inflicts on the employees’ mental halth) it was shocking to see how FB baited and switched the people here in my city. The smarter ones soon noticed that the job was not about fake news but about filtering filth, but some people only foudn out after beginning to see really nasty stuff…

5 Likes
5 Likes

John Falsey, Creator of Acclaimed TV Series, Is Dead at 67

6 Likes

WAIT WIAT WAIT WIAT!!! CHAT IS DEAD>…PANIC AND CHAOS WHAT THE HELL DO WE DO>>…AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!11

6 Likes

Timezone lovelies. :heart:

4 Likes

This, some relaxation techniques:

Timezone everyone :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Looks like Tesla can be improved more.

4 Likes

Especially the production can be improved.

4 Likes

Yep, obviosuly they need a lot of work on the body, there’s a lot of weight and complexity that could be saved.

On the other hand, I cringed at the Chevy Bolt motor. Why does it have gears and conveyor belts?? :cold_sweat:

4 Likes

Its a bomb.

4 Likes

5 Likes