The like and get likes thread II

At the same time, game developers that treat their infrastructure with the respect and attention it deserves pass into legend – like CCP and its Eve Online , a persistent, incredibly detailed online world that has been going since 2003 and still enjoys, on average, more than 20,000 players at any one time.

Eve is famous for its network architecture, which enabled some of the largest virtual conflicts ever - like the infamous Bloodbath of B-R5RB in 2014 that saw thousands of players contest one of its 7,800 star systems for 21 hours straight.

Apex Legends does things on a much smaller scale – it features 60 people per single game world, each with their unique combination of weapons and equipment. The game exploits the popular Battle Royale formula, seen in games like Fortnit e and Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds – one round takes around 20 minutes, during which players hunt each other until only one team remains.

Unlike Eve Online , a game about starships that is lovingly referred to as ‘spreadsheet simulator’ by its fans, Apex offers something called twitch gameplay - a reaction-based process where a fraction of a second can mean the difference between victory and defeat. In this scenario, responsiveness is paramount, and any technical issues will see players leave.

4 Likes

Timezone lovelies. :heart:
(◕‿◕✿) POSITIVITY (◕‿◕✿)

3 Likes

Doing my annual check-in

4 Likes

Strange vehicle for today:

Just doing my daily post.

Timezone everyone :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

spooky

But I suspected something exists, what spans the physical world and what human have access to, but its very faintly percepted.

3 Likes

Those are actually the most expensive vehicles on the planet and the most used.
Strange.

a global conciousness (also outside of earth for that matter) exist.
Dogs know it, cats know it, and rich people know it too!..

p.16
The first thing I
did with it was to turn to the word “impossible,” and neatly clip it out of the book.
That would not be an unwise thing for you to do. Success comes to those who
become SUCCESS CONSCIOUS.
Failure comes to those who indifferently allow themselves to become FAILURE
CONSCIOUS.

p.40
How To Develop Faith
FAITH is a state of mind
which may be induced, or created, by affirmation or repeated instructions to the
subconscious mind, through the principle of auto-suggestion.

Personal Note Added:
Oh. I’m sorry, but I have to kindly disagree with part of that.
1st, faith in good in better than faith in bad.
I won’t go into details here, but the previous success failure info explains why.

Ella Wheeler Wilcox :
“You never can tell what a thought will do
In bringing you hate or loveFor thoughts are things, and their airy wings
Are swifter than carrier doves.
They follow the law of the universeEach thing creates its kind,
And they speed O’er the track to bring you back
Whatever went out from your mind.”

THE SEVEN MAJOR POSITIVE EMOTIONS
The emotion of DESIRE
The emotion of FAITH
The emotion of LOVE
The emotion of SEX
The emotion of ENTHUSIASM
The emotion of ROMANCE
The emotion of HOPE

There are other positive emotions, but these are the seven most powerful, and
the ones most commonly used in creative effort. Master these seven emotions
(they can be mastered only by USE), and the other positive emotions will be at
your command when you need them.

THE SEVEN MAJOR NEGATIVE EMOTIONS
(To be avoided)
The emotion of FEAR
The emotion of JEALOUSY
The emotion of HATRED
The emotion of REVENGE
The emotion of GREED
The emotion of SUPERSTITION
The emotion of ANGER

The creative imagination functions best when the mind is vibrating (due to some
form of mind stimulation) at an exceedingly high rate. That is, when the mind is
functioning at a rate of vibration higher than that of ordinary, normal thought.
When brain action has been stimulated, through one or more of the ten mind stimulants, it has the effect of lifting the individual far above the horizon of ordinary
thought, and permits him to envision distance, scope, and quality of THOUGHTS
not available on the lower plane, such as that occupied while one is engaged in the
solution of the problems of business and professional routine.

http://zazenlife.com/2013/10/12/rise-power-control-mass-consciousness/#more-19541

I was looking for global or mass consciousness or greater consciousness in the Hill book but could not find it again yet.
I saw this before and it is sort of how human share knowledge and wisdom, and sort of a plan use to design the internet as well.
Of course, it is also being used for other security purposes, since the same security provides what businesses need to function and pay taxes.
It was then designed to make it easy to tap (knowledge and information) into (and from).

2 Likes

Good night, lovelies. :heart:

4 Likes

Beddy time again… nighties lovelies!

Also: this is not the kind of thing the neighbor’s kid assembles in the garage…

4 Likes

4 Likes

:joy:

Timezone everyone :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

There’s also a vacuum in the Hadron Collider, which this detection system uses, and the Hyperloop.
4 Likes

Only if I knew how to access those records. :thinking:

It’s getting late and I should tame my sleep cycle. Good night, lovelies. :heart:

4 Likes

Time to go to bed here in the western shore of the Mediterranean… nighties lovelies!

Also: I think I’ve seen that face before…

4 Likes

Probably just harmless eye tracking…
“They have never activated the cameras and have no plans to use them.”

5 Likes
5 Likes

So, I just had my best battle ever in World of Warships…

I want to thank specially the Zao who decided to show full broadside as I just reloaded with AP. He gave to me the 4th kill, a “Confederate” achievement and ended the battle.

5 Likes

Hooray, or rather Hourra! \o/ as its french ship (strange, never heard of it before)

After reading it, I see thats definitely some alternative timeline you are pursuing with that ship :joy:

Ahead of its time, the biggest rocket ever, so big it would have to be launched from water, as on land it would melt any launch pad and make people deaf in area of around few km!

Perfectly launchable and buildable even today.
USA could have made its country incorporate also Moon and Mars, with such rockets.
4 Likes

Congrats Yiole! I’m so happy for you. I wish I could buy the PC below for each one of us in LAGL so we can play any game with joy. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Some server are probably less than that.
The IBM Cobol version sure is less (not for the whole year mind you).
You used to be able to rent servers in Toronto for a few hundreds a day.

5 Likes

$43,000 PC and it uses Samsung Evos instead of pros for the SSD? :thinking:

4 Likes