The like and get likes thread II

3 Likes

But for such price it must be the best! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In few years it will look like someone was completely crazy to buy that for such money anyway. :joy:

4 Likes

The rig isn’t as much important as the display. You can have a normal 4.000 dollar rig and enjoy this monitor. Good speakers or headphones will be grand too.

Good night, lovelies. :heart:

3 Likes

Well, it’s a Premium ship, and as far as accuracy goes, WoWs is full of weird stuff. Of all Tiers IX and X, there’s only two actual battleships (Yamato and Jean Bart), and the rest are “paper ships”. Also the Minotaur Tier X British cruiser is from 1952 and it belongs to another era, its full automatic turrets are completely freak against the WW2 era ships. With the Mino at top range you’ll fire three volleys before the first hits, which makes hitting targets a bit difficult. Usually you can fire the third volley adjusting aiming by the fall of the first one. As balance, it only shoots AP rounds and most hits just shatter since ti’s small caliber.

Anyway, it’s been an awesome battle, enemy ships just were in the right place doing the right things so I could crash them. The Kurfurst didn’t even tried to target me so I could use the Bart’s back secondaries, 3 triple 152 mm turrets whose HE rounds have a 50% chance of igniting a fire (if they explode and don’t shatter). They’re knocked out easily but when they fire they’re awesome as secondaries go.

3 Likes

That’s ridiculousness in PC form… :astonished:

3 Likes

Beddy time for me… nighties lovelies!

Also: this is not what it seems, unless your satire-meter just exploded…

3 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

But isnt it how wind turbines already work? Without using some hyperloops, wind blows already thru world. :thinking:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Nana was bragging to her boss one day, “You know, I know everyone there is to know. Just name someone, anyone, and I know them.”

Tired of her boasting, her boss called her bluff, “OK, Nana, how about Tom Cruise?”

“No dramas boss, Tom and I are old friends, and I can prove it.” So Nana and her boss fly out to Hollywood and knock on Tom Cruise’s door, and Tom Cruise shouts,

“Nana! What’s happening? Great to see you! Come on in for a beer!”

Although impressed, Nana’s boss is still skeptical. After they leave Cruise’s house, he tells Nana that he thinks her knowing Cruise was just lucky.

“No, no, just name anyone else,” Nana says.

“President Obama,” her boss quickly retorts.

“Yup,” Nana says, “Old buddies, let’s fly out to Washington,” and off they go.

At the White House, Obama spots Nana on the tour and motions her and her boss over, saying, “Nana, what a surprise, I was just on my way to a meeting, but you and your friend come on in and let’s have a beer first and catch up.”

Well, the boss is very shaken by now but still not totally convinced. After they leave the White House grounds he expresses his doubts to Nana, who again implores him to name anyone else.

“Pope Francis,” her boss replies.

“Sure!” says Nana. “I’ve known the Pope for years.” So off they fly to Rome.

Nana and her boss are assembled with the masses at the Vatican’s St. Peter’s Square when Nana says, “This will never work. I can’t catch the Pope’s eye among all these people. Tell you what, I know all the guards so let me just go upstairs and I’ll come out on the balcony with the Pope.” She disappears into the crowd headed towards the Vatican.

Sure enough, half an hour later Nana emerges with the Pope on the balcony, but by the time Nana returns, she finds that her boss has had a heart attack and is surrounded by paramedics.

Making her way to her boss’ side, Nana asks him, “What happened?”

Her boss looks up and says, "It was the final straw… you and the Pope came out on to the balcony and the man next to me said, ‘Who the ■■■■ is that on the balcony with Nana?’

3 Likes

It’s a complicated thing… the video is a satire about “clean energy” snake oil sellers and is using a little lab trick to pretend it’s “free” energy out from “vacuum”. Phillip Mason aka Thunderf00t is a Youtuber who’s famous (or infamous) for debunking all sort of crap, from fake science to feminism and the Brexit.

With that video he’s satirizing fake science and how it’s based on ignorance of basic thermodynamics, and yet it gets millions in funding and acrytical publcity from the media. From “solar roadways” to “self fillign water bottles” and other “water/plastic from air” trash.

The device he proposes can’t work for long but on short strides it looks like energy out of nothing -just vacuum, liquid water and cold.

3 Likes

Yes, I wondered what would happen with construction in long time. And Earth already makes free energy available to us by those wind currents and ocean currents. And the sun is shining for free also. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

3 Likes

It doesn’t works not even in laboratory; the thing just stops when all water from the warm flask has condensed in the cold flask… then how you condense it back in the warm flask without spending a lot more energy than you obtained? Not to mention that removing all air to create the vacuum requires more energy than the one obtained through vapor pressure in a vacuum.

3 Likes

Beddy time for me, so… nighties lovelies!

Also: You squeakin’ to me? Then who the hell else are you squeakin’ to? You squeakin’ to me? Well I’m the only one here. Who the f*** do you think you’re squeaking to?

4 Likes

Fun with class actions.

“Friendly Fraud.” Now fraud can be your friend.
4 Likes

Happy Belated Birthday Steve Jobs

San Francisco is where he arrived
Where the Golden State Warriors have thrived
As the best in their sport
On the basketball court
In the town where they filmed Ironside

As a youth in his teens it was clear
That the course he was destined to steer
Would involve innovation
And visualization
In what was a brilliant career

In the world of computers he shone
Many talented people were drawn
To his digital knack
He gave birth to the Mac
One of many great products he spawned

As co-founder and Chairman of Apple
Mr. Jobs had to frequently grapple
With big headaches galore
In locations offshore
And at home, from New York to Seattle

Steve departed this world far too soon
As a rich and successful tycoon
But the business he nourished
Continues to flourish
Despite all today’s gloom and doom

So let’s wish Happy Birthday to Steve
Who had many great tricks up his sleeve
Until dying too soon
Like Dan Blocker, Keith Moon,
Robin Williams and Christopher Reeve

Good morning, lovelies! :heart:

3 Likes

These damn corporations are always at it, sucking money off vulnerable people. :frowning_face:

That should also try to decipher the animal body language. Not everything is said in the squeak.

Timezone everyone :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

I took our body weight scale out to weigh myself
And after stepping on the scale I pulled in my stomach, to which my girlfriend reacted: “you know that doesn’t help at all”. I told her “sure it does, now I can see the numbers”

3 Likes