The like and get likes thread II

Refer: Open Source eVoting - Security Now 706 ( 2:11:48).

4 Likes

It was more fun watching Zero Hour after you have seen Airplane. :airplane:

4 Likes

Good, good, I work there!

According to its owner Valve, worldwide there are 300 million players of Counter-Strike, a first-person shooter game in which teams of terrorists try to mount an attack and counter-terrorists try to prevent it.

Personal Note Added:
300 million is 50 million more than 250 million as per above…
The rest of the data calculations here is not included for simplicity of use (yet).

The IMP #10
from DARPAnet
@4:25
DARPA
Interface Message Processor
that was the first unit on the
DARPAnet
this is what was used to send message back and forth.
_at Stanford university AI lab
in the early 1970

DARPANET (or DARPANet ) is a term sometimes used for the ARPANET, the early network from which today’s Internet evolved.

ARPANET

Image result for darpanet

Description

The Advanced Research Projects Agency Network was an early packet-switching network and the first network to implement the TCP/IP protocol suite. Both technologies became the technical foundation of the Internet. Wikipedia

Protocols: NCP, TCP/IP

Funding: Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)

Closed: 1990

(That’s when I got my $10,000 scholarship which I then put into it, before the beginning of additional interference; interference, plural, as in, many interference, or more than one to many, or way too many).

ARPANET logical map, March 1977

map of the ARPANET 1973

Symbolic representation of the Arpanet as of September 1974.

My webhost network map.
…servers have direct access to high-speed redundant OC48 connections to the Internet backbone which is over 1700 times faster than a T1 connection and 17 times faster than an OC-3 connection.

Our backbone has multiple upstream providers to guarantee zero packet loss (within our backbone) and uninterrupted transit to the Internet at all times.

In addition, our backbone has point of presence in Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle, Los Angeles, San Jose, Chicago, New York, Ashburn and London and has direct network connection to major American backbones (such as Sprint, MCI, AT&T, Cable and Wireless) and major Canadian backbones (such as BCIX, QIX and TORIX) to guarantee superior speed and performance.

99.5% network uptime guarantee
All network connections make use of Cisco’s HSRP
(Hot Standby Router Protocol)
Multiple upstream providers
450 + peering arrangements
OC12, OC48 clear channel backbone network
Greater route diversity
![|5x5](upload://6LNOv9QwqXbKcr9fHIjT0AXG70C.png 6.0 Gb/sec cross border transit (Canada/US)
No single point of failure
Zero packet loss guarantee
Fastest inter-city times
Network and servers are monitored 24/7
Network and server components have onsite spares

Our Storage Area Network (SAN) has over 10,000 gigabytes of data storage capacity. Our fully redundant OC48 network has an outstanding reputation for speed and reliability.

Yes, my course was from Purdue which is on the 1974 map even though I took it in Toronto.

4 Likes

KrebsonSecurity - Facebook Stored Hundreds of Millions of User Passwords in Plain Text for Years

Bloomberg: Forget Tesla, It’s China’s E-Buses That Are Denting Oil Demand

Refer:
Slashdot - China’s E-Buses Dent Oil Demand More Than Electric Cars Do

4 Likes

I’ve just finished watching season 6 of GoT. I really liked Cersei’s revenge (but as usual she’s not as smart as she think she is and it comes back to bite her ass) but I am confused about the vision thing. Does it mean Jon Snow is not Ned Stark’s son? Guess i’ll have to google that… :thinking:

4 Likes

And now, beddy time for me. Nighties loveleis!

Also: it’s good, but actuator noises are weird

4 Likes

Captain America
The First Avenger
(C) 2011 MVL Film Finance LLC. Captain America, the Character: TM & (C) 2011 Marvel Entertainment, LLC & subs.

555 Melrose Avenue, Hollywood, California 90038
License for Sale Only in Canada.
(C) 2011 by Paramount Pictures

Marvel
Civil War
Captain America
This product (including its soundtrack) is authorized for sale in U.S.A. and Canada only.
This product is authorized for private use only.
(C) 2016 MARVEL www.marvel.com 8042951

Marvel
Avengers
Age of Ultron
(C) 2015 MARVEL www.marvel.com 8040401

I have this server since 2004 and paid $35 per 3 months, with 2 domains at $18 per year.
I ran a Wordpress database blog using MySQL and MyPHP on it for the remainder of the SWG game time with Sony named SWG Blog.
I also ran a secondary Blog with notes about the server system and other opportunities that came my way, or that I could have been working on to develop further.
Both of those are not installed, but I had a file with the content of those 2 Blog databases which could have been loaded back on, just by adding one bit to the left, at the beginning of the start of the file, as the system was infiltrated and modified to work differently then intended in that way.
Alternately, I can also reload data by extracting it and reloading it manually instead automatically loading it using the load command.
The 2nd procedure is more tedious and would omit details.

It’s 15 years this year.

4 Likes

So the whole “Airplane!” movie was a reference to Zero Hour? My…my…

Timezone lovelies. :heart:

4 Likes

Creepy little spy puppy. Was excepting a jump scare.
4 Likes

Well, it managed to not be torn to pieces for further inspection by the pack, which is pretty good for a robot spai. :grin:

Anyway it’s time to go tob ed for me, so I say: nighties lovelies!

Also: masterful rocket models are masterful

4 Likes

Timezone lovelies.:heart:
Today there was a rally very near my home. But I couldn’t attend it because I had to go to the gym. Below is a photo of the crowd:

3 Likes
4 Likes

Just finished watching episode 6 of season 7. Tomorrow i’ll finish watchign Game of Thrones… but now i’m tired and it’s time to go to bed. Nighties lovelies!

Also: dinosaurs on paper. Or more properly, DIY paper dinosaurs.

3 Likes

http://recieved.co.uk/

This looks like a square but it’s not.

This is Earl again.

There is a head-cover with no side lines.

Img41_2019-03-24-90
Someone left this oriental painting on a ceramic base canvas outside, I had to turn the photo 90 degrees to the left.

Img30_2019-03-24
The nude silver mannequin in the really really good restaurant entrance hall.
It looks like nobody is there.

Img21_2019-03-24
Sorry, this Amazon item
is temporarily
out of stock

Img30_2019-03-21

Img20_2019-03-21-90
https://www.halliburton.com/en-US/ps/cementing/casing-equipment/plugs/default.html

2 black belts , or 1 for 5.99 each

LittleFreeLibrary , Take a book Return a Book (or leave another book)
https://littlefreelibrary.org/

Librarian Transforms 110-Year-Old Tree into Jaw-Dropping Little Free Library

keeping secrets

The Tresspassers

There is a nice outfit …

Time traveller. She plans to miss something Friday.
(for some reason, this image went missing from this post, Wedneday, March 27, 2019, some 2 or 3 days later… It didn’t take long…)

yes, one more CAT

and there’s also Hank

Phone and wifi laptop to transmit the message.

I plan to make a new corp with that.
The bees look good.

This was a good deal last February 28, but I forgot where it was.

This was last month. I think there was sparrows in the trees probably singing in the morning. February 28, 2019.

2 Likes

So I just finished watching GoT. I’m a little confused about what’s up with Jon Snow, I guess that he and Daneeris are cousins then? Anyway it’s been a good watch, obviously watching it in 2 or 3 weeks it’s not the same as watching the show for 7 years so probably I am less attached to the characters and plots. In a way, the overarching plots are like a snake eating itself, great families pass and there’s less and less people to care about as the show goes on. It reminds me of what happened when I was hooked to ER and Dr. Green got a beating from the scriptwriters, with disaster upon disaster, and eventually died… I stopped caring about the show.

How long can a story be told before the characters have had so many adventures and experienced so many events that it no longer makes sense? Or, how much can a MMO (as a continued, evolving story) be expanded before losing it, jumping the shark, or repeating itself? Guess that some scholars might be experts on the matter.

And now i’m off to bed, saying: good night lovelies!

Also: there are little nonsenses nonsensical enough to not let fools part with, say, 2 million $

Seriously. The guy is actually selling the thing under another name for a fraction of the crowfunded price AND the concept is 30 years old, AND it’s nearly useless crap, PLUS it’s dangerous and misleading for the inexperienced customers it aims for.

4 Likes
4 Likes

True, the untrained should not be breathing compressed air.

You never dive off your pony bottle. It’s for emergencies

Just had to add this one: :slight_smile:

4 Likes
5 Likes

Today was book day, tomorrow is gym day.

Good night, lovelies. :heart:

4 Likes
5 Likes