The like and get likes thread II

Well obviosuly they didn’t see that coming… people wiping out all lifeforms in a virtual world just because? Impussibruh! :grin:

6 Likes

I think I linked it before but I forgot and it may be another video with the same subject in another documentary with another person making almost the same comments.
It may be the same person and the same comments though .

4 Likes

Probably looking for more real investors(VC). One… slice at a time.

Chris Roberts - Wikipedia
Chris Roberts - imdb

Also,

5 Likes

“Alone in the Amazon, she danced on the wings of her plane in the moonlight.”

:airplane:
“We prioritize safety and quality over speed, but all three can be accomplished while still producing one of the safest airplanes flying today.” Gordon Johndroe, a spokesman for Boeing.

5 Likes

Hmmm… so Boeing is deliverign airplanes with “surplus parts” and airlines complain? Oh, ain’t this a ungrateful wolrd? :grin:

Seriously settign up a new aircraft manufacturing line isn’t easy. Airbus neded three years until their employees in China were on par with the ones in the older experienced European assembly lines. Manufacturing airplanes is a culture of its own. People who are supposedly skilled and yet don’t give a f*** whether a tool is missing or they picked everything they brought with them to the aircraft and didn’t install it’s just wrong. But when this is brushed aside and the company pretends nothing is happening… they’re calling for trouble. And in aviation trouble comes in the way of hundreds of corpses.

And now i’m off to bed. Nighties lovelies!

Also: the first times of all computer generated imagery (CGI)

It’s for visual media, not actually including videogames, but interesting nonetheless.

5 Likes

Space & The Universe HD
Started streaming 18 hours ago

PeriscopeFilm
Published on Dec 14, 2012

All nice, but someone in movies (amongst other things, as I think he also worked on signal intelligence, even though he never told me, perhaps due to the nature of his contract, which would impose a non-disclosure agreement or other form of secrecy) in 1995 which was about 2 or 3 years after I graduated (or got my computer programming and systems analysis diploma with honours) and around when he sold me my first 386 which I still have and still works even without changing the CMOS battery for over 20 years, even though it starts slower to recharge the battery or to get it to connect better…
showed me how to do this, on a 386 or a 486 with around 4 MB to 8 MB of RAM or 16 MB of RAM.
His landscape had mountains and rivers or bodies of water and was done in less than 3 seconds after the input of the data into the equation, for a scale of over 100 miles to 500 miles or 3,000 miles.
Some areas are below sea level…

All in CGI btw.
Additionally, the original movie he worked on was in 1981 , so before then, yes.
It was part of a technical school project .

Oh yes, we did morphing, although not fluid morphing.
We morphed the terminator into Worf of Star Trek and it took around 3 days to 1 week to complete on this low end personal computer (not an industrial strength or commercial level scale computer).

TOP 10 INFORMATION - TTI
Published on Jan 21, 2018

3Blue1Brown
Published on Jan 27, 2017

LowMileage
Published on Apr 15, 2017

Xtreme 3 minute Videos
Published on Nov 10, 2018

Bloodhound LSR
Published on Oct 15, 2017

Real Engineering
Published on Nov 24, 2017

Real Engineering
Published on Sep 22, 2018

Reel Truth Science Documentaries
Published on Jun 27, 2018

Scott Manley
Recommended for you
New

Published on Apr 20, 2019
1.7K Thumbs up , 18 Thumbs down
5 Likes

Good morning, lovelies. :heart:
Elon Musk is losing his mind on Twitter.

6 Likes

…still? Or again?

6 Likes

Let’s not hurry with the conclussions about a rapid unscheduled dissasembly of the Crew Dragon…

…it might be reparable with some duct tape and a new capsule.

(Some people speculate it’s not the real thing or it’s from an early test. But the scorch marks are compatible with the ones from the splash landing)

6 Likes

Again. He uses too much Twitter. He’s now got an anime boy as his profile pic and blabbers about sheep.

6 Likes

At least he can afford an oriental poster to get data for university projects submissions and so on…

4 Likes

Refer:
‘How the Boeing 737 Max Disaster Looks to a Software Developer’ - Slashdot

7 Likes

6 Likes

Beddy time for me. Nighties lovelies!

6 Likes

Just flying my 767-300

6 Likes

Just posting this link to a random topic to get a forum badge, don’t mind me.

6 Likes

Oh, we don’t mind you, we just like you. :grin:

6 Likes

Hopefully everyone is having a wonderful day! :smiley:

7 Likes

I don’t know about others, but I am having a good time. Thank you for your kind words. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

You got it! More power to all of us ready to make this day a good one! Gotta go get my ship blown up by being careless. :wink:

7 Likes