The like and get likes thread II

What happened to the Thargoids, Yiole? There were news of sightings here and there…then haven’t heard any news from them since.

@Commissar_Kate a new,fancy fish for your fish tank. :slightly_smiling_face:

Time for rest.
Good night, lovelies. :heart:

6 Likes

Bleeeeeeaaaaarrrrgh hrrrrr mwoooooaaaaugh fraughhhhhhhhh sssssshhhhrrrrrauwwww

Pardon my Zergish. I’m a bit cranky. :grin:

6 Likes

I haven’t heard of Thargoids lately, I think they’re attacking some players and others are hunting them but I haven’t been keeping myself informed on E:D. I jsut flew a bit fo nostaliga ride and tried the new exploration mechanics… might build a second explorer ship with longer range or don’t. Just taking a partial break from WoWs, I’ve spent two months grindng heavily for victories and I’m burned out. WoWs is very stressing if you aim to win. Yet ont he other hand, if nto to win, why play?

E:D is easier, just do your business if you’re inclined to space trucking. Yet it’s not simple, and my attemtps to look for ships reminded this to me: finding the hull and the modules it’s a tricky thing and might require visiting different stations in different systems, which often involves traveling in a suboptimal hull missing parts or weighing too much, until you get all the outfit. Guess that I’ll have to look for the market information website(s) if I get serious about building a Krait Phantom as replacement of my Asp Explorer.

Being casual about E:D is certainly easier than doing about EVE Online, and my last project in EVE might never become a reality with all the stupid hostility around. E:D is a lot more accessible, unless you run into a Thargoid infested area, I guess… :thinking:

(BTW, adding that millionaires’ fish to Commisar Kate’s aquarium might be one of the most expensive tricks ever, since it’s a freshwater fish and CK’s aquarium is saltwater… :sweat_smile: )

5 Likes

Aand, now i’m off to bed! Nighties lovelies!

Also: Spanish rocketry corporation PLD Space are working along with ESA on a light reusable rocket, the Miura, which will be roughly in the same league as the Electron by Space Labs, but with a reusable first stage.

Last april they made the first test of that stage, using a inert unit with fully operational parachute system, lifted by an Army CH-47 to 5000 emters and then dropped. The test went smoothly:

Baby steps…

6 Likes

You Retweeted

Buzz Aldrin ‏Verified account @ TheRealBuzz 42m - 42 minutes ago

Originally Retweeted around 25 minutes ago, with around 10 other replies then.

Anton Petrov
Published on Jul 2, 2019

615K views * 2 days ago
Seeker
Published on Jun 30, 2019

HanamichiKorea
Published on Aug 1, 2009

Routine DNA Test Ends Up Being The Most Spectacular Discovery Of All Time!

Zohar StarGate Ancient Discoveries
Published on Jun 1, 2019

How Diablo was completely Reverse Engineered without Source Code | MVG

#Diablo #OpenSource #DontYouHavePhones
Modern Vintage Gamer
Published on Jul 1, 2019

Devilution / Devolution ? Compared to, say, Revolution, or Evolution, or Cycle?
Or Life Cycle? Or Systems Development Life Cycle? SDLC?

Yes, Devolution only has to do with DEVO, the music band…

dev·o·lu·tion

/ˌdevəˈl(y)o͞oSH(ə)n/

noun

1. the transfer or delegation of power to a lower level, especially by central government to local or regional administration.

synonyms: decentralization, delegation, dispersal, distribution, transfer, surrender, relinquishment

“the devolution of power to the regions”

• FORMAL

descent or degeneration to a lower or worse state.

“the devolution of the gentlemanly ideal into a glorification of drunkenness”

• LAW

the legal transfer of property from one owner to another.

Smithsonian Channel
Published on Jun 25, 2019

#KeanuReeves #E3
WatchMojo.com
Published on Jun 14, 2019
4 Likes

I’ve actually acclimated Mollies (a common freshwater fish in aquarium shops) to full seawater salinity in the past and had them live for about a year. In the wild they are know to go into brackish and coastal waters so it doesn’t surprise me that they can tolerate a full on seawater. The only problem with having Mollies in a marine aquarium is that they are weak swimmers compared to marine fish and they can’t handle the water flow that’s required in a marine aquarium stocked with corals. Not to mention marine fish can be mean little basterds which will harass and kill the Mollies.

But it’s totally possible to have some in a saltwater aquarium with some docile fish like firefish, blennies, gobies, cardinalfish and very gentle flow.

And yes there are golden Mollies!

6 Likes

Molly: is this highsec waters?
Saltwaters: NO!
(harrass)

Ain’t easy being a Molly! :grin:

5 Likes

Like like …like Like

6 Likes

Meanwhile in other news I’m on a long (for me) exploration trip… which I won’t end before fearing I’m risking too much time invested… but I hope it will be fun before I turn around and go back to the comfy Bubble.

Nighties lovelies!

Also: this is how the Moon photobombs Earth… also called, “solar eclipse”

imagen

Image taken by the probe DSLWP 2, aka Longjiang 2, while orbiting the Moon. We live in interesting times indeed, when we have a probe around the Moon which can capture a solar eclipse as seen from the Moon while doing other business…

6 Likes

Nice image.

I’m onto something business-wise. But I can’t tell yet.

5 Likes

Ideally , those probes around the moon can catch cargo launched into space, via a Launching Ram system, which, once launched, is designed to be caught from space, into a device that will stop the cargo. Well, the probe most likely won’t be designed for that, but it sure would be able to take videos of the device in action though.

Right, those systems are for Earth, just think how easy this would be from the moon, literally…

Each of which feasible from the moon, after the 1/8 mining is done, or in progress, or a work to be in progress, or , while still a work in progress, or, while still a work to be in progress…

Namely:

Present-day launch costs are very high – $2,500 to $25,000 per kilogram from Earth to low Earth orbit (LEO). As a result, launch costs are a large percentage of the cost of all space endeavors. If launch can be made cheaper, the total cost of space missions will be reduced.

If those very same costs are lower to be launched from the moon, why is the focused veered into keeping control of the focus, and other focus device, such as sniping tool or other.
Of course it would be costing less energy and less resources from the moon, even if they spend 500 trillion more to do so, or even if they did save(d) 500 trillion to do so , +/- 1,000 trillion…

Google Searching:
“Outpost launch system”

Projectile launchers

Electromagnetic acceleration

Comets Just Taught Us How to Make Oxygen Out of Carbon Dioxide

12K views * 3 hours ago
1.6K Thumbs Up , 11 Thumbs down
Anton Petrov
Published on Jul 3, 2019
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-019-10342-6

Gerald R. Ford - the new flagship of the US NAVY

Horizon
Published on Feb 8, 2019

Anton Petrov
20K views * 3 days ago
Published on Jun 30, 2019
Chicken will fly, I don’t like Quail eggs.

The Enigma of Germany’s Wartime Economy - WW2 - 022 - January 26 1940

World War Two
Published on Jan 26, 2019

Reading Brian May’s Astrophysics Thesis | Another one bites the DUST

7.1K views * 6 hours ago
Dr. Becky
Published on Jul 3, 2019

Deep Space Update - Orion Abort Test & Solar Eclipse 2019

56K views * 15 hours ago
Scott Manley
Published on Jul 3, 2019

SETI and the Puzzling Case of the Star HD 139139

John Michael Godier
Published on Jul 2, 2019

Anton Petrov
Published on Jan 16, 2019

Michael Jordan’s Best Play of Each All Star Game He Played In!

NBA
Published on Feb 17, 2017

As for people wondering about the knowledge below the Sphinx, and it being for 37,000 years, it is 10 times less than the age of the oldest human gene dating back to 300,000 years ago, or around 370,000 years ago.
So, yes, that knowledge in a 37,000 years old chamber may be from the previous 263,000 years before, or, 333,000 years ago.

con·found

/kənˈfound/

verb

gerund or present participle: confounding

cause surprise or confusion in (someone), especially by acting against their expectations.

“the inflation figure confounded economic analysts”

synonyms: amaze, astonish, dumbfound, stagger, surprise, startle, stun, stupefy, daze, nonplus;More

mix up (something) with something else so that the individual elements become difficult to distinguish.

“‘nuke’ is now a cooking technique, as microwave radiation is confounded with nuclear radiation”

http://sphweb.bumc.bu.edu/otlt/MPH-Modules/BS/BS704-EP713_Confounding-EM/BS704-EP713_Confounding-EM2.html

Feynman on Scientific Method.

seabala
Published on Feb 18, 2011

Physicist Richard Feynman explains the scientific and unscientific methods of understanding nature.

4 Likes

Only for educational purposes…

2600: The Hacker Quarterly

Ref:
Crime Security Games Hacker Who Launched DDoS Attacks on Sony, EA, and Steam Gets 27 Months in Prison - Slashdot

6 Likes

I know

worked for Mad, and offered me an edition with special content while he was there.
He is also mentioned on the Wiki link you listed.
He also works with TWiT.tv, which streams 24/7 on Twitch.tv, for The Giz Wiz,
which is a tech gadget show, which gadgets he sells to the host.
They used to run on Justin.tv before Twitch.tv, and even have old websites of shows and contents, including lists of gadgets.

I heard North Korea hacked Sony, and now there is this other news about another suspect, if he is not liable as well as North Korea …

New Eden Logs

A series of fan-created EVE electronica released in 2014. Find out more here.
Download the full three-album series or download individual tracks:

Peace Logs (Ambient/Downtempo)
Long Ride to HZFJ-M by Timshishkin
https://www.modenstudios.com/EVE/music/08.%20Timshishkin%20-%20Long%20Ride%20to%20HZFJ-M.mp3

Guiding Light the Cyno by Midnight Caretakers
https://www.modenstudios.com/EVE/music/12.%20Midnight%20Caretakers%20-%20Guiding%20Light%20the%20Cyno.mp3

Plus,
Digital Wormhole by Emika Neosignal
https://www.modenstudios.com/EVE/music/05.%20Emika%20Neosignal%20-%20Digital%20Wormhole.mp3

4 Likes

My long haul exploration trip has ended… I was bored and afraid to lose data so after traveling about 1200 ly from my base I traveled back another 1100 ly to Sol. Aside from a soft crahing on a high metal content planet and runing into a striek fo 5 brown dwarves (which can’t be scooped for fuel) it’s been quite quiet. The 5 dwarves had me stressed as my fuel tank allows for about 7 jumps at max range but have looked at the map for a nearby friendly star and there was a K type right 10 ly away. Very satisfying scoop!

And now I’m off to bed. Nighties lovelies!

Also: it’s a game. Seriously.

https://userinyerface.com/game.html

6 Likes

6 Likes

'Oumuamua Update - Scientists Confirm It’s Not an Alien Sail

7.6K views * 2 hours ago
9,376 views ( average 78.13 views per minutes ; more than 1 per seconds, 1.302 ) ;
1.1K Thumbs Up ( 11.73% of views) , 23 Thumbs down ( 2.09 % of Thumbs Up )
Anton Petrov
Published on Jul 4, 2019

firewalker
Published on Apr 2, 2012

Feynman: Knowing versus Understanding

TehPhysicalist
Published on May 17, 2012
…which looks completely different psychologically, but all the consequences that are computed are exactly the same, it’s easy to prove that mathematically.

Richard Feynman - Problem Solving

Muon Ray
Published on Jun 27, 2013

Obi-Wan has PTSD

“Obiwan has PTSD” Reaction

4 Likes

Last week I was so tired that mistook Redbull for water when I made my morning coffee.

Today I’ve received two traffic tickets on my mailbox, one for speeding on the highway and another for going 150 kph without a car.

7 Likes

Yeah, you got to watch out for those drones speeding up behind motorcycles, they can literally kill people by accident…

4 Likes

Timezone lovelies. :heart:

5 Likes

Soo, CCP is testing to remove instant local chat from nullsec, and I don’t give a damn. Can’t bother myself to think what could this mean or what impact it might have or whatever. I’m not playing this game and won’t do it again.

Nighties lovelies!

Also: an interesting suggestion from YT.

I was 12 when the Challenger exploded, but I don’t have any specific memory of that day. I guess that it was in the news but can’t recall it. Although I must admit that I don’t like to wander around my childhood memories so whatever they are, they are buried deep…

(And yet I have a poignant, essential memory of the day one of my childhood heroes died in an accident. That was the day I understood what death was, just a couple of weeks before turning 6)

4 Likes