The like and get likes thread II

Bikers who don’t talk about their Hogs. Every biker I’ve known would always bring up the subject of one of their project bikers.

6 Likes

“Not this… again.”

5 Likes

First Room Temperature Superconductor And What It Means For Us

32,508 views • Nov 17, 2020
32K views - 2 hours ago
New
Anton Petrov
654K subscribers

7 minutes later:

11FOOT8(+8) BRIDGE

Semi truck gets fairing stuck at the 11foot8+8 bridge

258,612 views • Nov 15, 2020
yovo68
155K subscribers

On Friday the 13th,
… count as #160 since 2008.

Do not look above, how high do you think you are?

37 minutes later, 28 minutes after the last update:

What is the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle? - Chad Orzel

3,444,475 views • Sep 16, 2014
TED-Ed
12.7M subscribers

2 hours later, 1 hour after the last update:

How Was Video Invented?

2,145,105 views • Mar 29, 2019
2.1M views - 1 year ago
Veritasium
7.83M subscribers
CC

Press 2 to send a fax.
1843 Alexander Bain, clock maker.

34 minutes later:

38m

Watch these rescue workers save a stranded Labrador from Hurricane Eta floodwaters in the Tabasco region of Mexico

1 minute audiovideo.

15 hours later, 13 hours after the last update:

The Real Reason Why the Bees Are Dying

10,719 views • Nov 18, 2020
10K views - 32 minutes ago
Thoughty2
3.24M subscribers

21 hours later, 6 hours after the last update:
suc·cinct

/sə(k)ˈsiNG(k)t/

adjective

1. (especially of something written or spoken) briefly and clearly expressed.

“use short, succinct sentences”

Similar: _concise, short, brief, compact, condensed, crisp, laconic,
_terse, tight, to the point, economic, pithy, thumbnail, summary,
_short and sweet, in a few well-chosen words, compendious, epigrammatic,
_synoptic, aphoristic, gnomic

Opposite: _lengthy, long-winded, verbose

5 Likes

Time to go to bed for me… nighties lovelies!

Also: 50 years ago, on November 17 1970, USSR’s Lunojod 1 was the first rover to roll on another body, the Moon.

(Enabling subtitles and translation to English, the video can be understood well enough)

Funny looking but thoroughly designed and tested, the Lunojod 1 was designed to last at least 3 lunar days (about 85 Earth days), yet it lasted 321 days. After being located by the Lunar Reconaissance Orbiter, the laser reflectors on Lunojod 1 and 2 are currently being used to measure the distance between Earrth and Moon, so 50 years after their launch they still are helping Science.

7 Likes

Universe needs more space tanks.

Also its getting hotter.

Global warmning! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Tanks in computer… gaming!

Would have posted the single YouTube video, but it was so boring. Ah… unlike the game. :sadparrot:

Now, from the BBC… Redheads.

6 Likes

Oh boy another thread about to hit 10,000 posts.

7 Likes

One post at a time… now I will take this chance to inform the readers that I am going to sleep earlier since my insomnia has been a little worse than usual for the last days. Also I will share some interesting video, image or content I found, was sent to me or just want to share in general. That’s what I call an “also”. But before i’ll say: nighties lovelies!

Also: a open-sourced forensic analysis of the Beirut explosion

There’s a video (12 minutes) at the link, explaining what was burning, what was exploding, and making an analysis on how disastrous was the storage of ammonia nitrate and its condition before the blast.

6 Likes

l33t

6 Likes

It seems that this is measured from the temperature of the gases, and the stars with gaseous form Hydrogen and other chemical in gas form, and the other giant gas planet temperature, and the other gas planet temperature, like Venus.
So, planets with lots of gas in them, gas being a form which a solid or liquid takes, when the temperature rises enough for it to be in a gas form.

So, the temperature of those medium of heat and energy, increased 10 times over 10 billion years.
It means the earth temperature of gas, including the gas in the air, increased 10 times, in average, or, 200%, from the last 2 billion years of those 10 billion years, or, 400% if from the last 4 billion years.

The temperature on earth cooled down while other temperatures increased.
When the earth temperature was more hot, life was not existing yet.
It’s an average.

#3dprinting #ArchinautOne #nasa

How This Next Generation Satellite Will 3D Print Itself in Space

11,616 views • Nov 20, 2020
10K views - 2 hours ago
Seeker
4.58M subscribers

21 minutes later:
https://g.co/doodle/qmwcmep

Benoit Mandelbrot (Benoît Mandelbrot)

American-French-Polish mathematician

Description

Benoit B. Mandelbrot was a Polish-born French-American mathematician and polymath with broad interests in the practical sciences, especially regarding what he labeled as “the art of roughness” of physical phenomena and “the uncontrolled element in life”.
~ Wikipedia

After World War II ended, Mandelbrot studied mathematics, graduating from universities in Paris and the United States and receiving a master’s degree in aeronautics from the California Institute of Technology. He spent most of his career in both the United States and France, having dual French and American citizenship. In 1958, he began a 35-year career at IBM, where he became an IBM Fellow, and periodically took leaves of absence to teach at Harvard University. At Harvard, following the publication of his study of U.S. commodity markets in relation to cotton futures, he taught economics and applied sciences.

Because of his access to IBM’s computers, Mandelbrot was one of the first to use computer graphics to create and display fractal geometric images, leading to his discovery of the Mandelbrot set in 1980. He showed how visual complexity can be created from simple rules. He said that things typically considered to be “rough”, a “mess” or “chaotic”, like clouds or shorelines, actually had a “degree of order”.[10] His math and geometry-centered research career included contributions to such fields as statistical physics, meteorology, hydrology, geomorphology, anatomy, taxonomy, neurology, linguistics, information technology, computer graphics, economics, geology, medicine, physical cosmology, engineering, chaos theory, econophysics, metallurgy and the social sciences.[11]

34 minutes later:
https://twitter.com/themandalorian/status/1329790570634620929
55m …ago

Chapter 12. Now Streaming.
#TheMandalorian #DisneyPlus

43 minutes later:

Can Free Will be Saved in a Deterministic Universe?

302,318 views • Nov 11, 2020
302K views - 1 week ago
PBS Space Time
2.16M subscribers
CC

• To seek complacency after attacking and lying to the target it’s ok is not intended to solve the problem caused by the sought complacency while under attack , before, and after.
    It is rather the same intended losses that is sought and generated from the same source of damage onto the same intended target, when they should not be complacent, and the complacency is misrepresented as ok to them, and, any proper and rightful evidence brought up against them is wrongfully deemed bad with the same intent to create false sense of security.

It would also interfere against engagement in marriage, and also against having a child in time since March 6, 2012, and even from around April 29, 1993, and April 13, 1983, all the way back to 1969 and 1972, to 1976.
And it does.

It’s misrepresenting proper procedure against this sought complacency intended to be coerced onto the target as good, when it is not good, and would cause death, by misrepresentation, even if eternal misrepresentation, always against it, with no way to ever be in enough support for, or, forgiven from and about .

1 hour later:

2 hours later:

Monty Python’s Election Night Special

148,236 views • Nov 6, 2020
148K views - 1 week ago
Monty Python
637K subscribers

5 Likes

Another day has passed, another beddy times has come. nighties lovelies!

Also: this suxx. :pensive:

The failure of a main cable supporting the instruments platform, while under loads it was supposed to withstand, has happen after the collapse of part of the dish when another cable failed in August; this has led to an evaluation and the structure has been deemed too unstable and deteriorated to be safe for workers trying to repair it. Thus it will be decomissioned and dismantled… a sad day for radioastronomy which says good-bye to a unique, iconic installation.

7 Likes

So sad that the observatory got damaged beyond repair. Oh well, they’ll build a newer and improved one in its place.

I had problems keeping up with/understanding the narrator’s speech in previous videos. I watched the one above after months of not watching that guy’s videos and his speech has improved greatly, I noticed. I enjoyed the video and understood what he was talking about.

Random question. If tomato is a fruit does that make ketchup a jelly?

Good night, lovelies! :heart:
Live long and prosper. :vulcan_salute:

6 Likes

Ketchup is a sauce. Doesn’t have the prerequisites to be a jelly. Check it out.

5 Likes

While Ketchup is not a Jelly, There is such thing as Tomato Jelly/Jam

5 Likes

Yep! Cooking has so much complicated stuff.

5 Likes

They would have to mix it with jelly to make it part of Jelly.
It would not be greater than a certain part.

History

Physicists’ interest in the social sciences is not new; Daniel Bernoulli, as an example, was the originator of utility-based preferences.

One of the founders of neoclassical economic theory, former Yale University Professor of Economics Irving Fisher, was originally trained under the renowned Yale physicist, Josiah Willard Gibbs.[1]

Likewise, Jan Tinbergen, who won the first Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences in 1969 for having developed and applied dynamic models for the analysis of economic processes, studied physics with Paul Ehrenfest at Leiden University.

In particular, Tinbergen developed the gravity model of international trade that has become the workhorse of international economics.

One of the fear that is not working , is the fear of not working,
which is one of the fear that is not working itself.

If my robot was stranded on Mars with no hope of Survival, I would send a system to fix it, and make sure that it can fix other robots with no hope of survival.

I also didn’t watch the movie yet and I’m not worried about spoilers or the fear of not working…
-One of the fear that is not working , is the fear of not working,
which is one of the fear that is not working itself.

Ergophobia, ergasiophobia or ponophobia is an abnormal and persistent fear of work (manual labor, non -manual labor, etc.) or fear of finding employment. It may be a form of social phobia or performance anxiety.

SPACEX but its THUNDERBIRDS! (Thunderbirds Edit) by Psyclonyx

69,223 views • Oct 31, 2020
69K views - 2 weeks ago
Psyclonyx - 337 subscribers

2 hours later:

A Day in Spring 2020

41,037 views • Nov 19, 2020
41K views - 1 day ago
apetor - 941K subscribers

Swedish Strawberry Fish that looks like ketchup, but it's not only ketchup.

3 hours later:

3 Likes

Oh, it’s a brand new day.

5 Likes

34 seconds ago
Pompeii eruption remains discovered in ancient ruins
The pair may have been seeking refuge when they were engulfed by deadly clouds of ash, rock, and toxic gas from the eruption.

Saturday 21 November 2020 16:26, UK _ _ _ _ _ * ITALY

5 Likes

Today’s fun forum fact:

8 Likes

Threads autoclose at 10,000 posts.

10 Likes