The Like and Get Likes thread III

WTF, WTF, WTF in hell is that

8 Likes

You’re traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That’s the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Like And Get Likes Thread!

Hope this clarified your feelings of WTF.

Me myself, meanwhile, i’m going to bed, but not before sharing something… nighties lovelies!

Also: quite timely decision, given what I shared yesterday…

https://blogs.nasa.gov/neosurveyor/2022/12/06/nasas-neo-surveyor-successfully-passes-key-milestone/

The NEO (Near Earth Objects) Surveyor will be a infrarred telescope parked at the L1 point between Earth and Sun which will scan the skies for potentially hazardous asteroids. it will detect infrarred light because asteroids can be very bright or very dark in visible light, whereas their infrarred signature is consistent with their actual size. If everything goes as planned, NEO Surveyor should be launched in 2028.

6 Likes

25M views. Add some more

6 Likes

Well, that’s one seriously amusing ride… even if they technically failed to reach their altitude goal because of yet another unforeseen screw-up. And now imagine the time spent figuring WTF went wrong so you can just make 30 seconds in a video explaining how you screwed up againwhile venturing into your personal unknown…

And now I wonder, did CCP and the Lego Rifter/space Pod meet the same challenges? Or did they just hire the right guys and run with it…?

7 Likes

Welcome to LAGL, the weird and dorky neighbourhood of EVE Forums. We don’t question or judge people, we just give out likes to everyone. :crazy_face:

9 Likes

:face_holding_back_tears:

Lets give more likes.

8 Likes

Time to go to bed… today I wanted to finish watching “The wind rises” but something is wrong with the file and won’t let me skip/forward/move to the point I stopped watching it before. Guess i’ll have to watch it in one sit, but not today for sure. Nighties lovelies!

5 Likes

:see_no_evil:

7 Likes

AI even makes shapes now, not only images.

7 Likes

Argentina vs. Netherlands football match.

Argentina was very naughty. From 65th minutes onwards they tried “monkey tactics” during freekicks(at least twice) and they conceded a goal from Netherlands thus the score was leveled at 2-2 and lead to extended time and then to penalties. They were lucky to have won the match.

Good night.

5 Likes

Horribly late and still not sleeping… had a very stressful morning at my job and rather than burn out stress raging at War Thunder events as usual my gaming “therapy” has become a clusterfak of emotional drama because my parents are tired to hear me cursing over a video game. So all in all, no stress relief, extra stress because of drama, and it’s 5:27 and still haven’t slept a bit. My saturday plans are unlikely to be carried on and here I am wating for Star Citizen to load in hope of tiring myself enough while exploring something new so I can relax and get some sleep… preferably before my parents waking up. :woman_facepalming:t2:

5 Likes

Timezone

5 Likes

Time to go to sleep for good… nighties lovelies!

5 Likes

If you know where this gif is from, then you are EXTRA awesome!

7 Likes

They are producing people!

5 Likes

I was kind fo epecting a sarcastic turn… “Hah! You believed it?” but none came and the video is about what it pretends to be. 3D animated graphics will hold up everything, but as far as reality is concerned, this video could be about growing dragons by dropping a pill in a glass of water.

We don’t have artificial wombs, and there are good reasons to think that they are impossible to make. Irreducible complexity is irreducible.

Don’t even get started on moral and ethical considerations: Science is not there, Technology is not there, and probably they will never be.

(I wonder if that guy in the video is asking money… that would be too much!)

5 Likes

And now i’m off to bed with my brand new crud (because your life is never too busy to not get a crud on top of it…) and on a more positive note, a very interesting science video… nighties lovelies!

Also: what is the speed of gravity?

It makes sense that the speed of gravity should be the same as the speed of light, but actually verifying it was no walk in the park and the news are not even 10 years old…

5 Likes

What mod would you install for EVE online?

4 Likes

Hilmar Veigar Pétursson recently gave a speech:

Starts at 1:37:25 timestamp.

6 Likes

Time for me and my crud to go to sleep… nighties lovelies! :sneezing_face:

5 Likes