The Like and Get Likes thread III

@Nana_Skalski I’m glad that bear got some food.

Since all my game settings were lost without any explanation whatsoever I have decided to take a month off EvE and save 20€ as compensation for my frustration.
I will take a month off the game everytime my settings get messed up.

See y’all next month! :smiley:

6 Likes

Lost settings never stopped me. I just set it up again in few minutes. :slightly_smiling_face:
It happened few times.

5 Likes

The prisoner’s dilemma of violence is that the penalty for failing to be violent is death, and thus people often end up being violent in order to not be dead (but then they die anyway).

Nobody can afford to die for peace against a violent opponent… at least nobody can afford it twice.

And thus the violence continues until both sides fear death out of violence and not out of peace.

We kinda worked that out for several decades of nuclear deterrence… but now we all are busy figuring what is the envelope of war-but-not-nuclear-war.

And now I’m off to bed… nighties lovelies!

5 Likes

The least a game should be able to do is hold user settings. That’s the least any player can realistically expect and for 20€ a month I expect to be able to play the game without having to troubleshoot and mess with settings every week.
I’m an end user, not a software engineer.

I’ll set it up again in a few weeks. This time the 20€ will go to Subway and Quick.

Then I’ll be off the game a few times.

Tactical low-yield nukes. Been trying to figure out where they may be used first. Has to be in a poor country that no one gives a damn about.
May be used against terrorists, insurgents or to end an inconvenient war then blame other people for it, maybe even blame people that have been dead for years. With the kind of media we have around the world, any ol’ fairy tale would do.
Things have been going from bad to worse for a long time. No reason that pattern should change, especially when wars are good for business.
And when I see who really rules this world, the troubles are just getting started.

5 Likes

Time to sleep… nighties lovelies!

6 Likes

11 Likes

I think it depends against who they will be using any kind of nukes. If someone have bigger payloads, they could always use them in exchange. If both sides have big payloads and a lot of them, then its all deterrence.

Not quite, when we see whole picture.

But we will never see the world without war and how good it would be.

5 Likes

I believe we will.

5 Likes

Here’s a 90’s TV simulator with a wide variety of genres and each of those genres have separate channels:

@Yiole_Gionglao posted a website much earlier where you can watch a driver drive around cities of your choosing around the world. Here is the walking version of it:

p.s.: It is a great tool for visualizing as well.

Finally:

7 Likes

edgar-smile

6 Likes

Time to go to sleep, but first…

…how (not) to get hit by a self-driving car!

Nighties lovelies!

7 Likes

Scary find:

36 years old eh? Why? Does it get worse as we age?

7 Likes

Have they tried walking like a citizen of an ancient civilization though? :grin:

Or better.

6 Likes

Or maybe they could…

7 Likes

8 Likes

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

Also: if you’ve got 38 minutes to spare and don’t know this film, here’s a good way to spend those minutes

What’s in a room and nobody talks about it? Viewing tip: keep their faces in mind

7 Likes

https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1029/2009EO260002
This is probably why last mamooths went extinct on the wrangel island. Or it was people hunting last of them.

7 Likes

“In a recent study published in Nature, led by Eske Willeslev from the University of Cambridge and the Lundbeck Foundation GeoGenetics Centre, proposed climate change as the main culprit, not humans.”
Finding The Cause of Mammoth Extinction | The Scientist Magazine®.

7 Likes

Do you still play EVE, @Nana_Skalski ?
If yes, then could you please check your EVE Mail?

Timezone

7 Likes

It’s like visiting a 99-Cent Store.

9 Likes