The Like and Get Likes thread III

The ME Post it note, Hits hard xD

8 Likes

Time to go to sleep, if I can stop thinking about Jay Leno’s translated Chinese poem on the Snoopy bag… nighties lovelies!

7 Likes

Another day, another night… nighties lovelies!

7 Likes

Inventions:

Skin is not cut at all:

…and you can make it rotate by flow of running water like river to pump water somewhere above. Doesnt need any valves at all if you want it to run continuously. Really simple thing.

8 Likes

11 Likes

I can relate to that question being asked to me!

7 Likes

AI moves his lips and translates what he says, there is spanish, turkish, polish, and few others.

Rendering…

…and after 6 hours:

Not real time… yet.

Also, can you spot the glitches in matrix?

Even more simulation:

:ok_hand:

6 Likes
6 Likes

Yesterday I resolved the issues we were having connecting my computer to the newest one we bought to keep accounting; after two days of “why can’t they see each other on the LAN wire”, I tried disabling the network card on the new computer, restart the computer, enable the card again and… bingo! I already had connected both computers on monday, but tuesday they wouldn’t show up one each others’ network. Now I just have to connect my boss’ computer, which is tis own problem because ti’s a Widnwos 7 machine, it has its own network connection but there is no way to turn on network detection and thus it can’t detect the new computer. Lotsafun… :woozy_face:

But now i’m done for the day. Nighties lovelies!

6 Likes

My favorite computer term:
Plug’n’Pray

6 Likes

Son Doong Cave

It was found fairly recently. Must be more of such things under the ground, probably flooded, or with entrances not yet discovered or too small, some may have been closed with time. But we dont know about them, probably never will.

8 Likes

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

Also: now this one is interesting…

…people paying more literally for a brand of something which doesn’t does what is advertised, or not exactly, and actually stopped using their trademark textile which wasn’t patented anyway but the company charged pretty royalties on the machinery to process it.

7 Likes

Its damn cold and wet outside, I want to get inside some cave for a whole winter, at least its less wet and cold than outside.

6 Likes

Quest for fire movie rings a bell after reading your comment!

/ wait should’ve added that movie is 18+ as it has Homorectus coitus

6 Likes

We aren’t neither cold nor specially wet here… and we miss it. Last week I actually wore a polo shirt, which was fun for a november, but the drought is growing annoying and we’re bound t enter emergency next month as the reservoirs are at 19%. We have desalinization plants and are adding water reutilization to the water depuration system so uses which require disinfected but not completely clean water can use it instead of getting fresh water intakes, but with no rains there won’t be enough water for agriculture next year, nor industry, and probably not even for commercial use like hotels or restaurants if we are to rely on desalinization alone. It’s been already 36 months with drought rain levels, the works made after the 2008 drought are fully in use but everything else than people drinking relies on water falling from the sky and we’re short by more than 500 milimeters in 3 years, compared to an annual average of 680 mm.

Tough times when Nature does or doesn’t does as pleases… but now I’m off to bed. Nighties lovelies!

Also: in hindsight, this was not the smartest idea…

6 Likes

Click here for full size version.

5 Likes

znx6k2gvcxjx

6 Likes

I wonder what else can be done besides tech?

Timezone.

6 Likes

The weather is a mystery. Climate is even bigger mystery. Once the polar regions were covered with tropical forest. Why? And there were no people around.

What I see now is people wanting to engineer the weather and climate, so it serves them better. Who knows with what kind of result…

Maybe adapting to changes would be better than changing climate? Animals always adapted to climate, not climate to animals…

Even when the life on earth started producing oxygen and changed climate, not adapted climate to them but changed it, like what we could do, life had to adapt to it.

5 Likes

Geomagnetic Reversal.

We don’t know that.

5 Likes