The Like and Get Likes thread III

Isn’t that the skillbook that has the multiplier of 57x or something? That’d be lot of fun to train. :slightly_smiling_face:

Oglaf is getting more refined and funnier as it goes on.

Timezone.

6 Likes

It actually has a 0.5x multiplier so it would be one of the fastest skills to train.

Thing is, to begin training Polaris level 1, you have to already have trained Polaris level 5. :exploding_head:

5 Likes

Light is more than is seen.

Particle, but also a wave, can be created from antimatter and matter, electron and positron, but can also be broken into those two. Its electric and magnetic fields combined in one.

We can even discover ancient cities in amazon jungle by using light, specifically LiDAR technology using it:

There is more area to research, to see where all the roads go.

6 Likes

How to not land a plane.

5 Likes

I had to check EVEMon. Apparently I had it confused with “Omnipotent” skill, which has 42x multiplier. Which takes 335 days to max out from level 0. The multiplier is a nice nod to Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy.

Yes, Nana. We know this from the double slit experiment.

All roads lead to Rome. That’s a fact.

5 Likes

Fuel contributes to plane weight in a big way. In the docuseries “Ultimate Airport: Dubai” all the planes that needed to make emergency landing right after take off dumped their fuel into the Persian Gulf. Otherwise the plane would end up like in the gif you posted.

5 Likes

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

5 Likes

Time to go to sleep… but before, a fact that’s been proven. nighties lovelies!

Also: yes, Google is getting worse at finding stuff…

…and also are other services like DuckDuckGo, Bing or ChatNoir. The reason is a mix of SEO optimization, affiliated link farming (with Amazon being prominent in shopping searches) and the difficulty to tell spam from actual content, specially as AIs are used to generate better spam.

Maybe it would be nice if someone provided a quality repository… a kind of one-stop page… filled with manually curated links to relevant stuff. Maybe they could call it yooha(dot)com? Or Alvatista(dot)com? How did people find stuff before online searchers helped them find it, then helped them waste their time trying to find stuff…?

PS: just today I was looking for small, boutique-style hotels in a certain off-the-beaten-path city. Notice “small”. The less bad of my Google results suggested, among others, a 600+ rooms hotel as a “small boutique hotel in…” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

I’ve been thinking. When you consider the complexity and accuracy of The Sims, you can think of it not as a videogame, but a “life simulator”.

Timezone.

7 Likes

I have both 3 and 4 though for some reason my sims never throw a good party and they waste too much food.

7 Likes

Have you purchased the relevant addons to be able to do that? :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

We need a SIms and EVE crossover.

7 Likes
nah, just the base versons and don't play those any longer!

sims3
sims4

That would be so nice to have some sort of fan cross over!

6 Likes

Why does this exist?

Nobody in their right mind would use sentry drones with a frigate or destroyer. There isn’t a single small ship that can deploy more than 1 sentry. Why… does… this… rig… exist?

Worse yet, people are building this rig and putting it on market. Who is even buying it? I just don’t understand. :confused:

6 Likes

No stairs? No problem!

That is what they want you to think. And then AHA! Sentry drones from multiple small ships hitting from very far away.

6 Likes

Guess who’s got the mother of all cruds… today I didn’t go to work and it’s uncertain that I can go tomorrow. Nighties lovelies, and if you see respiratory virus coming your way… run! Run you fools!

5 Likes

The Washing Machine Tragedy

Shortly after my return from the Eleventh Voyage, the papers began to devote increasing space to the competition between two large washing-machine manufacturers, Newton and Snodgrass. It was probably Newton who first marketed washers so automated that they themselves separated the white laundry from the colored, and after scrubbing and wringing out the clothes, pressed, darned, hemmed, and adorned them with beautifully embroidered monograms of the owner, and sewed onto towels uplifting, stirring maxims such as “The early robot catches the oilcan.” Snodgrass’s response to this was a washer that composed quatrains for the embroidering, commensurate with the customer’s cultural level and aesthetic requirements. Newton’s next model embroidered sonnets; Snodgrass reacted with a model that kept family conversation alive during television intermissions. Newton attempted to nip this escalation in the bud; no doubt everyone remembers his full-page ads containing a picture of a sneering, bug-eyed washer and the words: “Do you want your washing machine to be smarter than you? Of course not!” Snodgrass, however, completely ignored this appeal to the baser instincts of the public, and in the next quarter introduced a machine that washed, soaped, rinsed, pressed, starched, darned, knitted, and conversed, and — in addition — did the children’s homework, made economic projections for the head of the family, and gave Freudian interpretations of dreams, eliminating, while you waited, complexes both Oedipal and gerontophagical. Then Newton, in despair, came out with the Superbard, a versifier-washer endowed with a fine alto voice; it recited, sang lullabies, put babies on the potty, charmed away warts, and paid ladies exquisite compliments. Snodgrass parried with an instructor-washer under the slogan: “Your washing machine will make an E instein out of you!” Contrary to expectations, however, this model did poorly; business had fallen off 35 percent by the end of the quarter when a financial review reported that Newton was preparing a dancing washer. Snodgrass decided, in the face of imminent min, to take a revolutionary step. Buying up the appropriate rights and licenses from interested parties for a sum of one million dollars, he constructed, for bachelors, a washing machine endowed with the proportions of the renowned sexpot Mayne Jansfield, in platinum, and another, the Curlie McShane model, in black. Sales immediately jumped 87 percent.

You can find more here.

5 Likes

Did you remember to take your “Vitamin H” against viral infections? It is a very potent cure, tested by Aperture Laboratories Nutrition Research Department and is FDA approved! :man_scientist:

5 Likes

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

Also: this menu looks familiar…

I’m undecided on whether the spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam and spam might have too much beans in it?

7 Likes

If I would get a slice of spam every time some spam is mailed to me, I would never have to buy any spam, ever.

Oldie but goodie, tunguska meteorite documentary from 1966 having some clips from the original 1928 movie from the search expedition, original from 1928 was later destroyed by mistake and is unavailable in entirety:

russian language version:

Some people say it was an explosion of alien spaceship, but it was first published as a story by a russian author Aleksander Kazancew.
People back then had also fantasies that other planets in solar system are populated.

7 Likes