The Like and Get Likes thread III

This hits home.

@LordOdysseus I will take the one with the green umbrella please.

5 Likes

Well unlocked a new skill today.

So now imma be a master of :fire: and :ice_cube:

5 Likes

There are times when that’s a source of comfort… meanwhile we’re on the road to having regional elections ASAP as in May 12th, right before the EU parliament ones. As EVE Online politics, regional olitic aorun here don’t make much sense without some background on the players, but the gist is that the budget for 2024 which had a lot of much needed social expenditure was turned down with the votes of a left leaning party because of a tourist project they oppose, which last year was in the budget and got voted by that party, and yet this year when the project gets zero money they shoot down the budget for… reasons? And now everyone is so pissed that we’re going to regional elections, which in turn caused the central government to stop the debate on the 2024 budget and extend the 2023 one while beginning work on the 2025 budget. All in literally two hours.

But we’re not Haiti, not even the UK even if the stupid hurts.

And now i’m off to bed. I see we have a new ISD, gets they are our replacement for when this thread threatens to break the forum and it’s time to start another round?

Also: there’s news about the Voyager 1, which is more than NASA had for the last months

https://blogs.nasa.gov/sunspot/2024/03/13/nasa-engineers-make-progress-toward-understanding-voyager-1-issue/

They received a copy of the FDS (Flight Data Ssytem) memory map, which means they can dig what’s going on and tell whether it’s the FDS or something else that’s malfunctioned. With the probe 22.5 light hours away, whatever they can do it’s going to take a while…

And, nighties lovelies!

6 Likes
6 Likes

Turbotuttle attack!! :rofl:

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

5 Likes

5 Likes

Some cool spaceships that I’ve seen on the web …

:mouse:

6 Likes

Some cool science fiction trains that I’ve seen on the web …

6 Likes

Some cool science fiction interiors that I’ve seen on the web …

If you like the picture above, you may also like Lunar Horizon: Pioneering the Future of Moon Habitation.

8 Likes

A couple of fun links …

1. Robot Kitty

Cute and grumpy!

1. Spaceship Sleeping Quarters

If you want to fall asleep to the sound of a spaceship then this is a cool YouTube video (runs for 2hrs 46mins)

8 Likes

Roger Waters Glastonbury Festival - Somerset, England, June 30th, 2002 (35mins 29secs)

If you were there, how bloody awesome was it?

If you were’t: Oh boy! You missed a great concert!

7 Likes

Good morning.

6 Likes

I dont know, if thats human made, or AI is already so good. I bet on human for this one tho.

5 Likes

Word of the day: Chess
Hayley picture of the day:

20 years of Paramore… Incroyable!

6 Likes

Evening!

@Nana_Skalski I think a lot of those interiors and trains must be human made.

6 Likes

Time to go to sleep… today I read at a gaming blog whose author had experimented a lot with AI how he is no longer doing it because he’s grown bored of the limitations of the current AIs… beginning with how they’re not “intelligent” at all and they trend towards a lame sameness -one can tell an image is AI just because it looks like all the other AI crap. They’re like commercial art at best. And, in a double combo, also today someone elsewhere complained about how their attempts at having the AI generate a comic strip failed because the AI can’t get the character to look the same in two frames of the strip… which is pretty much a consequence of how these AIs fake it but never make it.

If VR is stuck as being a solution in search for a problem, the current crop of pseudo-AIs are borderline scam and are born from massive intellectual theft. Probably in the long run these Large Model AIs will find some niche usage, but nowhere near what the wannabe billionaires claim or what the average person thinks that AI should be.

And now yes, nighties lovelies!

6 Likes

Some more futuristic train pics …

7 Likes

Some more cool spaceship interiors …

8 Likes

That’s how I imagine it must be like inside a Nestor SOE ship or SOE stations.

Which one is the Hype Train?

Timezone.

7 Likes

A cool bit of space suit design from Lars Sowig

And Heng Z

well, just because …

7 Likes