The Like and Get Likes thread III

Timezone, with a story.

So outside my veranda there has been many birds mostly finches and white cockatoos feeding on the seeds in the tree that grows past the second floor where I am.

Well yesterday and today there had been a black bird feeding causing mischief scaring the other birds away and even driving my cat a little crazy as it had a rather loud call.

Now you might know cockatoos squawk loud but nothing like this currawong.

They are also known to spread the seeds around to aid in tree growth.

just noticed this one is just a black dove and not a Currawong looking at me

Have a great day!

7 Likes

Night Night

7 Likes

Black doves are messengers of peace and symbolize hope, love, and new beginnings, and like @Zaera_Keena are revered for their beauty and grace.

5 Likes

I think they took notes from the design style of cars in Cyberpunk 2077. :thinking:

7 Likes

Didnt play that game much due to the bugs, just ran around topless.

5 Likes

…sudden track attack…!

Don’t ask. This was a hit in Spain in the summer of 1970. Summer hits used to be a genre of their own based on being catchy as hell. With love or without love.

7 Likes

Music over here that were released in the 70s sounds very similar, except they are not in Spanish.

6 Likes

If you have to divorce, don’t put all the blame on your ex… Breaking up is a matter of two, namely them and their d*** mother.

Night night lovelies!

6 Likes

I wonder if they still have a Summer Hit Parade on the radio. I haven’t tuned in, in years. I wonder if Morgan Wallen will have another one for us.

6 Likes

Well seeing as Zaera is perfect, clearly their fault.

6 Likes

Still recovering, but I’m okay now. Watch at your discretion.

7 Likes

Time to go to sleep… night night lovelies!

5 Likes

THE LARGEST DOLMEN IN FRANCE
With nearly 20 meters in length, 6 meters wide and 4 meters high, Roche-aux-Fées remains the largest dolmen in France and one of the best preserved in Europe. It is also one of the first thousand classified historical monuments.

40 SHALE SLABS WEIGHING SEVERAL TONS
A real curiosity, Roche-aux-Fées is a long dry stone corridor. It presents around forty slabs of schist, the heaviest of which reach 40 tonnes. The total weight of the megalithic ensemble is around 500 tonnes.

The solidity of the building, which is around 5,000 years old, has therefore proven itself! These colossal stones come from the Theil forest in Brittany. Located four kilometers from the dolmen, it is home to the only deposit where this type of rock can still be found.

THE MYSTERIOUS ALIGNMENT OF THE WINTER SOLTICE
The mysterious alignment of the winter solstice
During the winter solstice on December 21 or 22, the sun rises facing the entrance to the dolmen. At that moment, the light rays magically illuminate the stone at the end of the covered walkway. This magical moment attracts many curious people to La Roche-aux-Fées!

Faithful to Breton tradition, this immense dolmen of Ille-et-Vilaine is surrounded by several legends. The building built by fairies also promises some surprises for young lovers.

THE MYTH OF THE BUILDER FAIRIES
The name of the dolmen comes from a legend which claims that the fairies, to prove their existence to men, built the monument in a single night by dropping stones from their aprons.

6 Likes

Design flaw - leaky roof.

4 Likes

I imagine there was more to it than just the stones, materials that eroded/rotted over time like dead grass stems, roots, mud and leaves in perhaps an early form of thach.
It is thought these structures were tombs. Maybe they burned their dead there instead. At any rate, a little rain wouldn’t have been a bother 5000 years ago.

5 Likes

Perhaphs , but a little before then, 5000B.C, a little rain was a problem as it caused Noah’s Flood, which was probably a bad day, a leaky roof , the least of their problems.

5 Likes

…sudden track attack!..

I have no sympathy for neither of those two and wouldn’t be sharing this if it hadn’t earwormed itself into my brain since last monday. Long enough for a song I don’t even like.

(Nina Paley is to blame for this one)

7 Likes

What a Hippy.

If he played EVE would definitely be a miner, high as a kite, mining roids.

6 Likes

Time to go to sleep… night night lovelies!

Also: first I thought it was some smartassed half-truth but oh no… they’re both serious and true.

My maternal grand-grandmother died from TB at 38 years old. This tragedy triggered a series of misfortunes which have haunted three generations of our family… but there won’t be a fourth generation since I will die without offspring and my cousins are free from the curse.

And no, it’s not TB, but the shockwaves of misery carrying on from one generation to the next one.

8 Likes

7 Likes