The Like and Get Likes thread III

“We are all one.” - Buddha
“Live long and prosper. :vulcan_salute:” - Also Buddha

and before I forget:

5 Likes

The department for work and pensions gonna love you

One of the issues with living long and prospering is overpopulation of the planet, not enough resources for the population. Nature’s solution to this being to get Uncle Joe to start another war.

5 Likes

Another day, another cubit. Night night lovelies!

5 Likes

tumblr_lszg296Cud1qz4cuyo1_500-620x
A special mask designed to help you focus would make the wearer deaf and limit his or her vision. Perfect for game immersion.

m8buU3l
Think womens’ boxing is a recent phenomenon? These tough ladies climbed up to the roof where they could box free from men’s criticism in the 1930s.

6 Likes

Men were not fond of women with boxer noses in those days or tatoos and nose piercings.

There are deaf and dumb AFK players clearly in need of a ganking.

6 Likes

I strongly recommend you read Peter Diamandis & Steven Kotler’s “Abundance: The Future is Better Than You Think” book, where they make the case that the more the people are healthy and wealthy, the less children they are going to have. Our boy Elon is an exception to the rule, by the way.

6 Likes

¡…sudden track attack…!

It wasn’t actually French rather a co-production, but here in Spain we had the theme in full french with chorus and voice acting but for the final title (then the episodes themselves were dubbed with a pretty high standard). The theme is catchy as hell, isn’t it?

6 Likes

I don’t remember if IG ever catches/captures Doctor Claw. He always foils the plans and that was it for every episode. The theme is catchy, I agree. Also, Penny helping/saving his uncle all the time and IG being bumbly/clumsy, I got early 90’s Homer Simpson vibes from that.

I can’t remember the name of that Italian dessert where you pour espresso over ice cream.

I asked my Italian friend, but he couldn’t remember either. :pensive:

Timezone

5 Likes

@LordOdysseus Affogato

:yum:

6 Likes

I know! Everyone forgets! But why do you speak like an Italian? What’s the name of it? Does anyone actually remember?

5 Likes

I’m not fluent in Italian but I can manage :blush:
The name of it is Affogato, meaning drowned, as drowned in Expresso :slightly_smiling_face:

Memory doesn’t serve :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Got this game today :hugs: It is my first Civilization game.

7 Likes

Artificial Intelligence Act: MEPs adopt landmark law

• Safeguards on general purpose artificial intelligence
  • Limits on the use of biometric identification systems by law enforcement
  • Bans on social scoring and AI used to manipulate or exploit user vulnerabilities
  • Right of consumers to launch complaints and receive meaningful explanations

"The regulation, agreed in negotiations with member states in December 2023, was endorsed by MEPs with 523 votes in favour, 46 against and 49 abstentions.

It aims to protect fundamental rights, democracy, the rule of law and environmental sustainability from high-risk AI, while boosting innovation and establishing Europe as a leader in the field. The regulation establishes obligations for AI based on its potential risks and level of impact."

The untargeted scraping of facial images from CCTV footage to create facial recognition databases will be banned © Alexander

A good start. They need to go a lot further to curb that dangerous technology.

6 Likes

A piece of advice for this specific iteration of the Civ games is that the most usual mistake is to overextend i.e. build too many cities which leads to problems like always being short on money. Each new city will increase the cost of things, but you should be safe limiting your first empires to 4-5 cities until you’re in a position to conquer AI cities.

And now it’s time to go to sleep… night night lovelies!

6 Likes

Jumped into 2nd year artificial intelligence at University skipping 1st year, dumped it as too simple. Found out in 4th year that the head of AI was majorly pissed I quit AI, refused to let me have AI notes for an honors project, AI students though were more than happy to let me have theirs.

Zaera Wins.

6 Likes

I was excited when AI first got big.
Was playing around with the jetson nano and Rama Akkiraju even emailed me out of the blue to see what I was doing with it after I hit up Segway for free stuff.

Really disappointed how it’s all ChatGPT stuff now. I got Azure certified in AI and I was reminded why I never wanted to work with computers when I was a kid as corporations suck creativity out of everything.

6 Likes

I appreciate the advice, Yiole :saluting_face: Thank you.
I did watch a couple of video guides before buying the game and your advice does ring a bell. I will keep that in mind before gleefully spamming cities on the map.

Ain’t that the truth.

5 Likes

Was a hotshot with computers, got interviews easily, but they wanted qualifications such as an HNC, went one better and did a degree in Computer Science at a top University.

After university though, I couldnt get a job as a programmer as overqualified, besides at University we were told that we would be working as managers. So got a job as a network manager , soon becoming the Head of IT for a multi million turnover company instead.

5 Likes

Naomie Pennilez

6 Likes

@Iceacid_Frostpacker
Check your inbox, Frostbjorn :partying_face:

6 Likes