The Like and Get Likes thread III

How is it that stuff never bumps each other?

3 Likes

That’s too many per square 100 miles…

2. - 1 hour later, at 06:37 Thu Apr 1, 2021:

Ray Dalio Explains Why 2021’s Economy Is Worse Than 2008

30,957 views • Mar 31, 2021
31K views - 21 hours ago
Cooper Academy
339K subscribers

My business doesn't use not ever needed loans. I can then lend money to good borrowers, who the police would protect.

Not to borrowers who would not have to pay it back , not because of assets, or income, but, due to crimes committed against them, which the police and the courts refused to prosecute those attacking those loans, while seeking to divert from the facts, and lie it's better to not talk about it, which is fraud, and, also, not military diversion, which they also lie they don't know about, which military diversion is the secret security which protects the money, the bank, interest, loans, business etc, which they don't respect, and, if they don't respect, the military doesn't have the obligation to obligate the victims to pay it back.

So, they lie.

Remember, the reason the US has the basis of money on their dollar is due to war and their effort in the war.

You can’t borrow money when your income is stolen and robbed and the authorities seek to make money from you from it,
and refuse to prosecute those attacking you in acts of war,
and disregard the military authority related enough to cause the Pentagon to be attacked,
and lie they are logical as they try to find reasons to divert from the attacks,
and lie they can’t help,
as they too are not only trying cause inequalities,
but,
also encourage and protect the attackers and are accomplice to them.
Those loans are not only bad debt,
but also funding from organized crime,
which the same organized crime protects with the same diversions in acts of war.

It attempts to launder money.

3 . - At 07:29:

#RayDalio #Billionaire #YahooFinace

Ray Dalio’s introspective look at financial world order, inequality and capitalism: Full interview

1,099,471 views • Nov 7, 2020

Bubbles are not fun to me, sorry, I don't buy that.
I find this an excuse.

2 Likes

You’re also supposed to say: “DING! Leveled up!”.
Happy Birthday Yiole! :partying_face:
:cake:

3 Likes
2 Likes

no·men·cla·ture

/ˈnōmənˌklāCHər/

noun

1. the devising or choosing of names for things, especially in a science or other discipline.
    “the Linnean system of zoological nomenclature”
  • the body or system of names in a particular field.
    plural noun: nomenclatures
    “the nomenclature of chemical compounds”

• FORMAL
    the term or terms applied to someone or something.
    ““customers” was preferred to the original nomenclature “passengers.””

Nomenclature

Description

Nomenclature is a system of names or terms, or the rules for forming these terms in a particular field of arts or sciences. Wikipedia

1 Like

Searching:
“iCloud Backup will occur later when connected to power, locked, and on Wi-Fi.”
Returned:

I’m on the wifi, already signed out of Icould and singed back in. I’ve plenty space in Icloud but when I want to make a back up it says:
“The last backup could not be completed.
Icloud backup will occur later when connected to power, locked and on WIFI.”

The only thing I don’t no/understand what to do is “locked”
Please help! I want tp buy a new iphone but need to back up this one first…
Thanks,
Ester

You’ve reached the maximum number of edits. Please wait 4 hours before trying again.

[OK]

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8040233

2 Likes

Well… they are very small and once in an orbit, they just stick to it, slowly slowing down until they deorbit. Changing the orbital plane (the specific angle in which the orbit is tilted) requires either a lot of time or a lot of energy; with the satellite moving at 28,000 km/h in a certain direction, changing that vector “sideways” isn’t easy and so satellites just tend to stick to their work orbit not going anywhere else.

And now, I’m off to bed to end the day… nighties lovelies!

Also: xkcd usually is on the “cleverer than funnier” side, but this one strip made me laugh out loud…

:laughing:

3 Likes

2. - Edited in at 20:37 Sun Apr 4, 2021, 3 days later, due to editing limitations:
This is another XT computer by the way,
not the original real IBM XT with the real IBM green Monochrome Monitor that went with it.

The person I lent it to wrongfully threw it in the garbage,
and of course,
the efficacity of the original design type is no where near clones quality.

That was a very bad mistake of him,
given that he was a private investigator that I had paid to investigate a robbery related to the exact same types of information systems.

Both “IMG_8765r” , “IMG_8763r”
have the same
electronic perception problem…

I will fix this the next time I go there to capture data.

I will verify the integrity of the data,
which I found the source of the interference.

Namely:
The 2 photos of 2 Databases project document (hardcopy) printout in a specific language.
This specific language back then being dBASE III+.

Which dBASE III+ language was the last one we had before Turbo C++ on DOS 5.0,
which was the last programming language that we worked on.

3 Likes

Hey! Borland C++! We used that to learn code back in middle-school. We didn’t learn much because there were so many of us and the lab’s pc layout was awkward but it was fun!

Timezone lovelies. :heart:

4 Likes

Mars InSight lander starts burying cable (feat. Marsquake sonified audio)

1,570 views • Apr 2, 2021
1.6K views - 35 minutes ago
VideoFromSpace
1.41M subscribers

### InSight Mission – NASA’s InSight Mars Lander
https://mars.nasa.gov › insight

InSight is a Mars lander designed to give the Red Planet its first thorough checkup since it formed 4.5 billion years ago. More · Mission Overview · InSight landed …

Mission Overview · ‎Lander · ‎Landing · ‎News & Events

InSight

Space rocket

Description

The Interior Exploration using Seismic Investigations, Geodesy and Heat Transport mission is a robotic lander designed to study the deep interior of the planet Mars. Wikipedia

Launch date: May 5, 2018, 7:05 a.m. EDT

Max speed: 19,800 km/h

Cost: 828.8 million USD (2016)

Manufacturer: Lockheed Martin Space

Contractor: United Launch Alliance

Launch sites: Vandenberg Air Force Base, Vandenberg Space Launch Complex 3

Space Chat! Enter Apophis…

2,334 views • Streamed live 2 hours ago

This week, Space.com senior writer Chelsea Gohd will be taking a deep dive into the weird world of near-Earth asteroids like Apophis, which will NOT impact Earth within the next 100 years (at least).

Also, we will be talking SpaceX’s Crew-2 mission next Friday! So get your questions in now by either dropping them in comments here, or emailing us at community@space.com!

AT&T Archives: The Step-By-Step Switch

473,448 views • Jul 25, 2011
473K views - 9 years ago
AT&T Tech Channel
67.8K subscribers

2 Likes

my favorite xkcd strips:

4 Likes

AT&T Archives: A Modern Aladdin’s Lamp, about vacuum tubes,1940

329,085 views • Apr 29, 2014
329K views - 6 years ago

AT&T Archives: Telstar!

114,910 views • Sep 14, 2011
114K views - 9 years ago

The original 1962's Death's very own Death Star.

The story of how the Bell System, in cooperation with NASA, developed the Telstar satellite, and participated in the launch and the subsequent successful transmission of signals to and from the earth and space. The film is from 1962.

Early scenes show the clearing of a site in Andover, Maine and the construction of Telstar there. Following this, the telephone scientists and engineers do research and test work on Telstar. The teamwork of business, industry and government is then shown at Cape Canaveral, where we see the final tests of the satellite, the seating of the rocket on the launch pad, mounting of the satellite on the final stage of the rocket and the launching of the satellite.

The film closes with scenes from Washington DC and Andover, including the first telephone call and faxed photo via satellite, and initial TV transmissions, including a live transmission of Yves Montand from France, greetings from the British, and a speech by JFK. By the end of June 1962, viewers in 16 countries could watch U.S. TV programs.

Telstar 1, the satellite profiled here, actually was quite tiny. It was only 34 inches across, and weighed 171 pounds. Its solar panels produced under 15 watts. Conversely, modern satellites average around 47 ft. wide and produce 1.5 kilowatts with their solar panels.

Telstar 1 had some problems in the next year after launch. Because the U.S. had conducted a nuclear test in space the day before Telstar was launched, Telstar was regularly exposed to more radiation than expected. Within six months of launch, the satellite worked no more and a restart only kept it functional until February 1963. Telstar is still up there in space as of 2011, though, surrounded by thousands of its dead satellite brethren.

Producer: Audio Productions, Inc.

Footage courtesy of AT&T Archives and History Center, Warren, NJ

2 Likes

Right, not the video game Telstar

Nor:
https://www.telstar.com/

Telstar specializes in the development of engineering & construction projects, integrated process equipment and GMP consultancy solutions, including turnkey projects and critical installations; integrating knowledge and technologies to provide optimal solutions with a high added value to our customers for companies associated with Life & Health Sciences (pharmaceutical & biotechnology, healthcare, cosmetic, veterinary and food & beverage industries, hospitals, laboratories & research centers).

The Tornados ~ Telstar (1962)

5,113,507 views • Feb 24, 2011
5.1M views - 10 years ago
TheOldrecordclub
230K subscribers

3 Likes

8 minutes ago

The Slow Demise of the CIA’s A-12

348 views • Apr 2, 2021
The Vintage Space
372K subscribers

https://www.google.com/search?q=A-12&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA927CA927&oq=A-12&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i65l3j69i61&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Searching:
“how fast was x15”
Returned:

North American X-15/Top speed

7,274 km/h

North American X-15

Rocket-powered aircraft

Description

The North American X-15 is a hypersonic rocket-powered aircraft. It was operated by the United States Air Force and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration as part of the X-plane series of experimental aircraft. Wikipedia

Top speed: 7,274 km/h

Range: 450 km

Introduced: September 17, 1959

Retired: December 1968

Weight: 6,620 kg

Engine type: Rocket engine

Manufacturer: North American Aviation

The X-15 pulling away from its drop launch plane
Role Experimental high-speed rocket-powered research aircraft
Manufacturer North American Aviation
First flight 8 June 1959
Introduction 17 September 1959
Retired December 1968
Primary users United States Air Force
NASA
Number built 3

The X-15’s highest speed, 4,520 miles per hour (7,274 km/h; 2,021 m/s), was achieved in October 1967, when William J. Knight flew at Mach 6.70 at an altitude of 102,100 feet (31,120 m), or 19.34 miles. This set the official world record for the highest speed ever recorded by a crewed, powered aircraft, which remains unbroken.[1][2][3][4]

Searching:
nasa x-43 top speed
Returned:

11,854 km/h

NASA X-43

Aircraft model

Description

The NASA X-43 was an experimental unmanned hypersonic aircraft with multiple planned scale variations meant to test various aspects of hypersonic flight. It was part of the X-plane series and specifically of NASA’s Hyper-X program. It set several airspeed records for jet aircraft. Wikipedia

Top speed: 11,854 km/h

Engine type: Scramjet

First flight: June 2, 2001

Number of seats: 0

Built by: Micro Craft (airframe); GASL (engine)

Manufacturers: Boeing, Orbital Sciences Corporation, MICRO CRAFT INC, General Applied Science Laboratory

Pegasus rocket booster accelerating NASA’s X-43A shortly after ignition during test flight (March 27, 2004)
Role Experimental hypersonic UAV
National origin United States
Design group NASA
Built by Micro Craft (airframe)
GASL (engine)
Primary user NASA
Number built 3

CFD image of the X-43A at Mach 7

The X-43A set a new speed record of Mach 9.64 (10,240.84 km/h; 6,363.36 mph)[note 1] at about 33,500 m (110,000 ft) altitude,[10] and further tested the ability of the vehicle to withstand the heat loads involved.[11]

Why The New Movie “Stowaway” Uses A Very Clever Spacecraft Design To Go To Mars.

237,452 views • Mar 30, 2021
237K views - 2 days ago
Scott Manley
1.24M subscribers

3 Likes

2 Likes

@lilsteel Nice ship. Is it yours? Also, one of the reasons file transfers are slow is because of Windows itself. To a Macbook my external HDD copies files at max speed while on Windows it is 70% of that speed. LTT confirms it too in their 100 Gbps switch video. It is also faster on Linux.

3 Likes

No,
the device I transferred :
EVE,
EVE Files
and
EVE Notes
from,
was malfunctioning,
and,
was transferred to another one which worked better,
which was supposed to be on my backup drive,
which backup drive I am uploading the 4 TB of to Europe,
so that I don’t have to transport it when I get there.

I also want to encrypt it so that it is secured from theft,
and phishing attacks from eyes intent on stealing info by spying on it without authorization from me.

That and people who try to make themselves seem like if they don’t know about security and who don’t know what I’m talking about,
as excuse to try to steal information and intellectual property works from me, whether in acts of war intended to be diverted from by lack of knowledge,
leading to security problems against the Secret Service and so on,
or, deliberately,
even when informed they don’t know,
and why they don’t know,
and how they don’t know.

Some other USB on which that defective device was copied on is also missing,
and was saved which I am now looking for,
as you mentioned other data not related to the security of the damage caused and intended to be caused to me.

2 Likes

So,
I not only backup the data,
but I also register copyright of it ,
since thieves stole it and I had to work to get it back from them ,
due to their attacks against me with diversions seeking to forfeit evidence of their intent,
in counter-attack and counter-intelligence against them due to their attacks against the US Army,
which my boss trained US soldiers how to protect themselves against those infiltrators.

2 Likes

You mean you’re uploading 4 TB of data to the cloud so you can use when you visit Europe? Did I understand correctly? If yes, then you probably have blazing fast upload speeds. With my 2 megabits upload speed it takes me around 30 minutes to upload just 500mb of data to Google Drive.

3 Likes

Ah, I’m not too worried about that, I will do it.

2 Likes