The Like and Get Likes thread III

7 Likes
5 Likes

More of this please, I like them as screen savers :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

This is a picture of a very unique building in Osaka, with a platform anchored between two towers. Here, it’s seen from the ground, looking up.

7 Likes

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

Also: …now you see me…

…now you don’t. What a way to go… :fearful:

6 Likes
3 Likes

4 Likes

R.l.P. Girl in the videos.

Tawny Kitaen, Star of 1980s Music Videos, Dies at 59. NYT

5 Likes

Why is weekend so short? And why is Sunday even shorter? What’s the hurry with bringing a Monday…?

Time to go to bed. Nighties lovelies!

Also: bell UFOs? Christmas tree UFOs??

…as a comment says, those “triangle/pyramid UFOs” are very kind to follow FAA regulations and have flashing beacon lights… :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

:raising_hand_man: That triangle UFO is actually thought to be Essassani/Yahyel spacecraft according to UFOlogists. It is also the the same type of UFO craft Darryl Anka claims to have seen almost 50 years ago. Some of the lesser sane UFO fans have been known to brand everything they see in the night sky as UFOs, including Starlink satellites passing in lines above their town.

Also there have probably been UFO battles above Europe before:

Of all the UFO sightings in history, the one happened in 1997 over Western U.S.A. appears to have been witnessed by thousands.

NASA has a paper on UFOs in antiquity which can be accessed here:
https://pubs.giss.nasa.gov/abs/st02710y.html

What I personally advise is to not go too deep into that rabbit hole.

or you might end up cross eyed and crazy…just like the girl in the image below did… poor devil.

Conversely, here is another girl who ate three squared meals a day with 8 glasses of water a day, exercised regularly, slept early and woke up early, and kept a balance between reading deep thought books and real life:

Good night, lovelies. :heart:
Live long and prosper. :vulcan_salute:

6 Likes

They have to, else it would be dangerous and people could find out after crash that they are aliens. :tipping_hand_woman:

5 Likes

Drive-in, not drive-out.

6 Likes

Salton Sea. Family use to vacation there. At times, the fish die off was so bad you could not go swimming, but there was enough booze for everyone. Everyone being the adults. :tropical_drink: :beer: :partying_face:

(26:53)

5 Likes

That music at the end, perfect mood setting for that place. :ok_hand:

5 Likes

From WikiPedia:

In the video-game Grand Theft Auto V (2013), a location called the Alamo Sea is based on the Salton Sea; Sandy Shores, a town that sits on the lake’s southern edge, is based on the town of Desert Shores.

I don’t recall seeing an Alamo Sea, but I hink I’ve been to Sandy Shores… :thinking:

Anyway, the (actual) place is a kind of a rotten mess, not very inviting.

And now i’m off to bed. Nighties lovelies!

Also: not GTA but a real attempt at assaulting an armored car…

The driver is geuinely pissed off that some punks are shooting him and his mate…

4 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes

Marsian mushrooms or icicles? :thinking:

4 Likes

The little spacecraft that could…

3 Likes

They’re grasping on very thin straws here… a dude who sees alien life everywhere, claims that something vaguely ressembling mushrooms must be mushrooms just because. Some mushrooms might be extremophile on Earth, but them all need oxygen and oxygen is mostly missing from Mars atmosphere. No oxygen, no mushrooms, period.

(Fungui are like animals in that they don’t manufacture food from light but must find food on their own, and also like animals they use oxygen to process food into energy and then waste CO2… but unlike animals, fungi can’t move and they eat by building and spreading specialyzed organs called hyphae which, like roots from a plant, mix with food to absorb it passively, get oxygen from air and drop CO2 and waste products into their environment. We human happen to like the taste of some of those waste products and so feed fungui with fresh cheese to season it…)

And now i’m off to bed. Nighties lovelies!

Also: we will never forget Chad!

Ok.

5 Likes