The Like and Get Likes thread III

Wow. Another merry day to be proud of us human… mining bitcoins with a gas-fueled power plant since the investors bought the plant and it turned unprofitable unless they do this kind of crap with it…

I’m out to bed, really. Nighties, lovelies!

Also: it’s not easy to stop feeding the beast(s)

5 Likes

Good night, lovelies. :heart:
Live long and prosper. :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

Timezone lovelies. :heart:

5 Likes

I’ve finished watching Amazon’s animated series “Invincible”. I’m not really into superhero stuff but the series is just 8 episodes so I thought, “why not?”. I found the last episode to be underwhelming, the first episode ends with a massive WTF and when the last episode ends you just feel X is such an asshole that if assholery had a mass he would bloody crush himself into a supemassive black hole… which would be good for the whole universe just by removing so much asshole from it. I’m sincerely not interested any more on any future exploits of Mr. Asshole, no matter what.

And it kinda made me appreciate better that, despite all the sillyness, Son Goku from Dragon Ball is the best superhero ever, just because he’s intrinsically good at heart.

Nighties lovelies!

Also: the average colors of all countries in the world… (and more)

According to data from the Sentinel-2 satellite. It’s a science/art project by Erin Davis.

I thought Spain would look greener, there’s quite a bit of green in the North but apparently the drier lands prevail in the color average.

5 Likes

I’m level 67 now. Almost 70. The game starts once I start I reach that level, lovelies.

4 Likes

Headline: “Possible signs of life”. Actual discovery: some temepratrue and pressure conditions under the ice of Enceladus might not be totally hostile (as in: cause instant death) to life but oh well there’s a gazillion things that could produce methane whether conditions are good or bad for life so it’s not much of a story…

And now I’m off to bed. Nighties lovelies!

Also: 10 years ago, July 8th 2011…

Atlantis launched for the last time, ending the adventure of the Shuttle (Space Transportation System) and opening a hiatus during which only Russia could send people to space.

5 Likes

5 Likes

I got this trinket from one of the hardest non-heroic dungeons:

If you do that dungeon over and over again 100 times, it only drops during 16 of those runs and of course, other non-casters want the item too.

Good night lovelies. :heart:
Live long and prosper. :vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

Unlimited happiness!!

For limited time only.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Money can’t buy happiness, but sure the world is crowded with people who pretend to sell and buy substitutes to happiness… :thinking:

Nighties lovelies!

Also: WTF Japan? What. The. F***?

It… talks??

6 Likes

I had just turned 50 the other week and somehow now feel that I should no longer be spending my free time on a computer game. Is it normal to feel this way?

So I don’t know if that fits in your Out of Pod Experience “Like or Get Likes” thread as there are no downvoting, but that is how I feel about my life right now.

7 Likes

It’s not your age, it’s the game.

6 Likes

As in, there hasn’t been Fanfest this year, and didn’t notice until July… :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

Time to go to sleep. Nighties lovelies!

Also: dawn on Earth, as seen from the ISS…

Those are cloudtops high enough to be the first to be hit by the sun at dawn, thus they’re red. When I’ve seen it live I couldn’t tell whether those are mountains or clouds, but I think they’re clouds (the Sun is on the right side).

5 Likes

I think nobody is too old to play computer ganes in free time. I have seen grandparents play them.

But maybe in future playing games will be considered something only old and very young people do… :thinking:

Because they will have free time to do so, while everyone else have to work.

5 Likes

Read this creepypasta at your own risk.

Wiki article of the creepypasta story.

5 Likes

Time to go to sleep… and I won’t be opening that creepypasta. Nor any creepypasta. Nor anything even remotely creepy… :sweat_smile:

Nighties lovelies!

Also: so it’s just that easy and doable with our technology…? You sure Kurzgesagt…?

I mean, for this to work we just need to attach two objects traveling at Mach 12 through our upper atmosphere, in under 90 seconds… and one of those things is a bloody CABLE 1,000 km long. Like, really.

6 Likes

Jealous dog

6 Likes

Good night, lovelies. :heart:

6 Likes