The Like and Get Likes thread III

Several days ago I hit level 60 on my draenei hunter. I accomplished this feat in 5 days and 8 hours, w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶i̶g̶i̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶o̶r̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶J̶o̶a̶n̶a̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶5̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶2̶0̶ ̶h̶o̶u̶r̶s̶.̶ I looked it up and it is actually 4 days and 20 hours. Huh, memory is a trickster. I am now level 63, but leveling 60 to 70 takes longer than 1 to 60.

Timezone lovelies.

4 Likes

That’s fast leveling, compared to the godawful hundreds of horus it took me to reach top tier tanks in the German tree of War Thunder… and the godawful hundreds of hours spent on the Russian tree… and the godawful hundreds of hours still remaining of grinding that tech tree.

War Thunder comes to a point where a player just prides of playing such a godawful game. A bit like playing EVE, but without the fun bits and without friends (because enabling squad play in a MOBA inevitably ends with a dozen Korean squads making life miserable to 99.99 % of their opposing teams, and trust me that a miserable battle in WT is awfuly miserable, as in “your life expectancy upon spawn is under 60 seconds, and four minutes into the battle the enemy already has ROFTLstomped all units from half your team and is camping both your spawns”) .

War Thunder: if you’re having fun, you’re playing it wrong.

Aaand, now I’m off to bed. Nighties lovelies!

Also: the pizza-dressing part works fine. The eating part, though…

4 Likes

Where is the size of football fields meme?:hugs:

5 Likes

Tricked! :drop_of_blood: :bone:

4 Likes

More robots! :robot: :mechanical_arm: :man_mechanic:

5 Likes

Don’t know where, don’t know when this happened, but they were speaking Spanish (the guy with the camera says “uno más, uno más”, “one more, one more” before the skateboarder in the orange shirt gets sudden and intimate knowledge of Newton’s laws…

And now I’ll be going to bed. Nighties lovelies!

Also: they see me rollin’, and we lovin’…

Chinese rover Zhurong filmed itself on Mars with help from a dropcam, while moving away from the camera and turning in place.

5 Likes

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

Also: turns out that binary systems made of a neutron star (temporarily) orbiting a black hole are a thing…

https://www.ligo.org/science/Publication-NSBHDiscovery/

…and we recorded the death waves of two of them just ten days apart.

5 Likes

Another flying car, this one looks prety nice and it have automatic folding of wings so can turn into driving mode really fast.

5 Likes

We also have flying cars!

:red_car: :wind_face:

6 Likes

…that’s 90 km as the crow flies…

But reality is that flying cars, although possible, are bad to terrible at both things they try to accomplish. :thinking:

4 Likes

Today I went for a long walk downhill at noon. I think I absorbed enough vitamin d from the sun to last me a month.

level 65

Good night, lovelies. :heart:

5 Likes

After a few weeks, my buddy eventually got a new car. Eventually we agreed that, as nice as a Toyota Yarys Hybrid would be, it won’t pay back itself when taking in account the difference in price with a ordinary < 120gr/km car. So eventually he settled for a Renault Clio with a 999cc, three cilinder, turbocharged engine outputting 90 hp, which is enough for a car the size of a Clio, and is officially 104 gr/km. I think this is the same color (kind of a metal brown?):

I’ve never owned a car and buying one is quite more complicated than it seems, even if the price is within budget there are many ways to pay it and finance it… I could never have imagined what a complex economic decission it is to buy a brand new car nowadays…

And now I’m off to bed. Nighties lovelies!

Also: I just got wind of this…

imagen

Apparently US Postal Service will be printing a post stamp in honor of SF author Ursula K. Le Guin. I recognized the background from the stamp, it’s from the novel “The left hand of darkness”. It was the first book I read from Le Guin and i was shocked and pleased by her take on SF, the way she described a society so strange like that of planet Gethen…

5 Likes

Buying a car is an experience dreamt up by Kafka, almost nightmarish in its complexity.

4 Likes

Honestly I don’t know much about cars paying back themselves and I have a prejudice that they can at all, unless they are used as Uber or money spent compared to taking cab/public transport.

Over here the taxation is determined by the size of the car engine, not by its emissions.

Also what I’ve come to understand is that the cars today are more…efficient than the cars of 20 years ago. Not only fuelwise, but also doing more with a smaller engine. A brand new car of almost any mainstream brand is capable of climbing steep hills while having 5 passengers in it.

In Turkey, car savvy people calculate the fuel cost easily by how many kuruş(sub-unit of Turkish Lira) it costs to cover a single kilometer.

4 Likes

Sea is burning.

5 Likes

Vehicle to mine ice on the moon. :waning_crescent_moon:

Leaves holes in the moon, making it look like it would be a swiss cheese.

4 Likes

Well, the thing with the Yaris Hybrid was that the price were some 5,000 euros more than the Clio. And then my buddy calculated that the Yaris would be saving about one euro of gas each 100 kilometers at highway speeds, so in order to pay back those extra 5,000 euros the Yaris would need to be driven for 500,000 km… maybe less accounting for (in theory) cheaper maintenance and insurance costs, but still not there as a financially sound decission to spend more money for roughly the same performance and car size. And plug-in hybrids are even worse, their price so high they can’t recover it not even by driving a lot in city with electric power alone.

3 Likes

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

Also: you never know when you’ll need these skills…

Releasing 100,000 pigeons and 100,000 ballons without a flaw? Just bring in enough people… (and pigeons!)

3 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes