The Like and Get Likes thread III

Time to go to sleep! And tomorrow it’s friday! And… well, that’s it. But i’m glad i’m going to sleep. Kind of. Nighties lovelies!

Also: one step forward!

Malaria is a difficult disease, since it’s caused by parasites and it’s very hard to develop vaccines against parasites. Even this first vaccine isn’t exactly a optimal solution, but it’s better than nothing and might lead to more research on a disease which is endemic to many countries and kills 500,000 people each year, half of them children below 5. Also its debilitating effects cause all sort of economical hardships to the less developed communities, where there’s always some amount of ill adults who can’t work nor take proper care of themselves and their children.

6 Likes

I had a crazy day today. This morning I went to a job’s interview which I learned about its existence 3 AM in the morning. It went well and they’ll call me if nobody else is more qualified than me. The shop was 4km away, so I decided that I walk my way back home. It took me 1 hours and 20 minutes to reach home. I also went to my dad’s house to call the repairman in order to get the boiler repaired.

Elon Musk could use that Malaria vaccine. More than 10 years ago, he was afflicted with that disease when he went on holiday(I don’t remember the place name) and he reached the conclusion that: going on holiday = bad for health. So he decided to never go on vacation anymore.

At least that is what Ashlee Vance wrote in Elon’s official bio.

6 Likes

Good night, lovelies. :heart:

6 Likes

Its happening! The future will look like in Mad Max movies.

6 Likes

Well, since they already had shortages, what happened is that Lebanese are now having 2 hours less of electricity per day: from 2, to 0. Lebanons has been plunging into poverty since the economy failed, Covid struck and the explosion happened, and there’s no way out while Hezbolah buys support with a black market of Iranian fuel. These are grim times for the Lebanese people… :pensive:

Meanwhile, today I bought new shoes and have been wearing them most of the day to fit them to my feet, they’re quite comfortable and will be perfect after wearing them for a few days. And now it’s bed time… nighties lovelies!

Also: how to get killed, in one easy lesson

Interesting film, in a grim funny way…

6 Likes
8 Likes

Hehe, I see the outline of that pasted plane image. It is really hard to see on some monitors, while on others its easy. In work I have it set to reveal even the most light shade of gray on perfectly white background.

6 Likes

That guy should watch and learn from this guy, lol:

EDIT:

Good night, lovelies. :heart:

4 Likes

Time to end the day and go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

Also: learning to drive with high tech simulation in 1967!

…at least they covered the basics of driving the car and driving around… :thinking:

6 Likes

They were years ahead of today! At least today where I am. They still dont have those simulators here.

6 Likes

What time is it? Beddy time! Nighties lovelies!

Also: NASA to play space billards with one probe and several asteroids.

Those are seriously large solar panels…

7 Likes

Had some fun “camping” in mud and snow. It was actually quite beautiful.

8 Likes

Looks like there would be bears and mooses in those forests, gun could be usefull I think.

6 Likes

Touch screen in 1986 car.

6 Likes

People sure dressed more elegant back then compared to today. Maybe the reason is there was little of television and no PC/Internet/Memes. :sweat_smile:

That’s a TIE fighter from Star Wars! Oh wait…no. It is actually a NASA spacecraft. Time to get new glasses. :thinking:

6 Likes

https://clabrisic.pl/data/gallery/Lego/legocat_1990uk/img009.jpg

Look how happy all of them are, especially the Blacktron one that goes into the police cage.

5 Likes

Everybody is happy to be a Lego minifig! :grin:

And now I’ll be happy too, for going to sleep after a holiday, even if Wednesday might be like a second Monday, because there’s only 3 working days left before weekend. Nighties lovelies!

Also: I think this was not in the Bible…

5 Likes

Heh, classic comic.

5 Likes

SPACESHIP!
-Benny, Lego Movie

5 Likes

I imagine I would be pretty happy too if I would have my real spaceship that I could just enter and fly to some other planet for a camping trip. Or just to explore.

5 Likes