The Like and Get Likes thread III

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

Also: imagine you’re a Roman legionary in barbarian (Gaul) territory and suddenly you listen this…

All sounds are made with the mouth and controlled blowing into this replica of an ancient instrument 2300 years old…

6 Likes

6 Likes

With AI it will be like with humans, some are more ethical than others. There will be many AIs, like humans. We may even see one AI wanting to anihilate another AI, because something, something. Its entirely possible.

How will future world look will depend on how much power and freedom we will give to AI, same as we were giving power and freedom to people. Giving it guns, decisions to take, may be like giving decisions to a future tyrant, so who knows… Maybe democracy of AIs will be needed?

6 Likes
5 Likes

EDIT: Today was another day.
Good night, lovelies. :heart:

6 Likes

It’s this time fo day again… going to sleep. Nighties lovelies!

Also: let’s say you’re a Japanese billionaire and can afford a tourism trip to the ISS… what do you do there?

…goofing around in microgravity, of course! :grin:

7 Likes

7 Likes

Bed time for me… nighties lovelies!

Also: zooming into Sagittarius A*…

This video uses actual imagery from different telescopes to zoom in from the whole of our galaxy to the black hole at its core, a monster called Sagittarius A* after its location as seen on our sky. The final images show stars being tossed around in crazy orbits by the black hole…

Sagittarius A* is also a popular destination for explorers in Elite: Dangerous, since it’s a nice long travel and unlike the Distant Worlds expeditions, there’s a way back from it.

6 Likes

Once again, The Onion scoops the… real media on Springsteen’s reaction to selling his catalog for $500 million.

5 Likes

Once I’d gotten max standing with the federation to get their class version of the anaconda, visited all the popular places in our galaxy and accumulated ridiculous amounts of credits, i considered I’d beaten elite dangerous.

I haven’t played it since the walking around planets stuff. Apparently peeps are doing that and shooting eachother with guns now and stuff. I might check it out.

6 Likes

I’m not the explorer type, I think the longest journey I ever made in E:D was some 1300 ly. Got an Anaconda but my favorite ship is the Imperial Courier (don’t have money nor will to play long enough to get the Clipper) and more or less I retired. Sometimes I’ve made the travel to Sol from imperial space just to check our old neighbourhood and because it amuses me to see palm trees at Gorbachov station… :grin:

Anyway I’m well past my bed time. So, nighties lovelies!

5 Likes

I got caught by jupiter forgetting its gravitational pull. I was trying to warp away for about 10 mins iirc haha.

5 Likes

Have you reserved your place in hell yet?
If not, watch this:

If you smile, you go to hell.

4 Likes

Doh, I didn’t smile. Guess that I still will have to go to the Limbo (1st circle of hell) as a “virtuous non-beliwver”, according to the one and only Dante’s Inferno Test. (It might not work, this test is older than dirt and the results page was broken in my Firefox).

Anyway, I’m going to bed and have some sleep, so I say: nighties lovelies!

Also: how to wrap presents with style…

…and thousands of Lego parts. :grin:

5 Likes

That is some pretty good optics

5 Likes

Click on the image below to see the cropped out biases.

EDIT:

That zooming to Jupiter and Saturn video was astounding. How far cameras have come!
Good night, lovelies. :heart:

5 Likes

Today I wrapped 4 Xmas presents for the family and have set a new record: 25 minutes! I wrapped 4 (four!) presents in under 25 minutes… :grin:

Of course, they’re books and CDs and the such, aka standard shaped parallelepipeds. My wrapping skills don’t extend further than that and probably wrapping paper manufacturers dream of the amounts of paper I’ll waste if I ever attempt wrapping irregular shaped stuff… So I stick too good ole’ box-shaped gifts. :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

And now I’m off to bed. Nighties lovelies!

Also: it’s not easy being drone…

…and filming a one shot FPV video for 3 minutes without messing anything up.

5 Likes

Alex: “a little of the old ultra-violence”…

A Clockwork Orange turns 50.

5 Likes

Time to go to bed… nighties lovelies!

5 Likes

Timezone lovelies! :heart:

EDIT:

We need coaches like this in soccer too!

5 Likes