The Like and Get Likes thread III

Time to go to bed… this time with a burden. I’ve found accidentally a flat I could afford to rent, it’s not wonderful but neither seems a nightmare. So maybe I ask for it and maybe they accept to rent it to me and I quit my parent’s flat again… but then, if I go now, that would make tings complicated for my parents as at the moment my father depends a little on me (and is waiting for a hip implant, and then will depend even more on me… or maybe not, I’ve got a job and can’t be with him all day…)

I really need to think about the matter. This strike of luck, means “take it or lose it” or “keep the hope for a better time to quit”? I’ve spent half my life with a fear to become like the traditional “aunt”, the one sibling who never marries, lives with parents, takes care of them till they die and then inherits the family house after battling the siblings who had a life of their own. Now i’m back with mom and dad, time goes by and as I joked when I went to live on my own 6 years ago, “neither me nor my parents are growing any younger”…

Ah, what a depressing post. Nighties lovelies!

Also: two more tourists for the ISS, with a cosmonaut and a Soyuz to ride them up and back…

Yusakawa Maezawa is the millionaire who also plans to fly to the Moon with SpaceX, he’s getting a taste of ingravity beforehand…

6 Likes
5 Likes

Time to go to bed and sleep a little (without a KO). Nighties lovelies! :grin:

4 Likes

Good morning, lovelies. :heart:
Call each thing by its right name.

Man, the “Into the Wild” movie…

4 Likes

Not much is revealed in the video above. But I believe it’ll be a good one once released. More trailers can be seen here:

5 Likes

Personal Espionage Stab is kind of catchy.

5 Likes

The journey continues! :partying_face:

5 Likes

Watching the live stream from the ISS is like another way of watching the sea. It’s relaxing and certainly you see lots of sea as your mind wonders. On Earth as seen from space there’s water everywhere, in the clouds, in the sea, occasionally some land but also is covered in clouds (except the big deserts). Water and water and more water, filling a window of roughly 300 km wide.

Now i’m offf to bed, still at my parents’. Won’t be moving out yet, although I think that not taking the chance with that affordable appartment is a wrong decission made by good reasons. Shikata ga nai.

Nighties lovelies!

Also: a Rube Goldberg machine with 427 steps…

I woner how many tests and attemtps had to do before everything worked as intended… :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I’m hype. I am so so excited for HW3. When Adagio For Strings started I teared up a little.

This is going to be good.

4 Likes

Winter is here!
We went grayscale.

5 Likes

86205676_1098689123812143_4073932834245443584_n

6 Likes
5 Likes

I have been watching Thunderf00t for years :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I first found his videos when he was busting Solar Roadways. I found a video where he filmed high powered LED strips in sunlight and -as was obvious- sunlight completely washed them out, proving that Solar Roadways’ cñaim to have “dynamic signals” via LEDs was nonsense (as I supposed and was looking for some confirmation).

5 Likes

Check out his tirade against the hyperloop as well. That’s a good one.

5 Likes

Yes, i’ve been following him weekly since the Solar Rodways busting, everything related to Elon Musk and his ideas/scams is interesting to watch. Today just watched the latest video, on whether SpaceX will go bankrupt.

5 Likes

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

Also: Long March rockets have achieved 400 launches since their debut on April 23rd 1970…

It’s an impressive feat, specially seeing how much this rocket family has evolved.

5 Likes

Time to go to bed… today I went to a hospital as I’ve been seeing double wit my left eye for a few days, and eventually has turned that I need new glasses with a lot more correction. The glasses I’ve been using are set for a correction of 15 dioptries on both eyes, and now I’ll need 21 and 19 on left and right eye. It’s quite a dfference but since losing vision is gradual and I never see well, I hadn’t noticed the worsening of my eyesight until it’s become prettty visible… :sunglasses:

And now I’m off to bed. Nighties lovelies!

5 Likes

How it usually ends

5 Likes

(14:25)

Farewell to a game development pioneer.

Interesting, but you really took some fun away from Duck Hunt(1976).

7 Likes