The Like and Get Likes thread III

Note to self: in weddings, the bride throws the bouquet over her shoulder to see who’s next, but customs are different with wreathes and funerals… :flushed:

5 Likes

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

Also: solid hydrogen? Nah, it’s more like solid bullshitium…

Apparently the people making videos about this company, and the company itself, forgot to mention that the working temperature of magnesium hydroxide it’s in the range of 400 to 500º C, which kind of makes difficult to use it as a thin film (and of course absorbs a lot of energy to heat up. And then since magnesium atoms are 24x heavier than hydrogen, and they’re mixed in 2:1 ratio, it turns you need 48 grams of magnesium per gram of hydrogen… thus storing 1 kg of hydrogen as magnesium hydroxide will require 48 kg of magnesium. And, 1 kg of hydrogen won’t get you far; in terms of energy it equates oughly 2.5 liters of gasoline so the energy equivalent to a full tank of 50 kg of gasoline would take 20 kg of hydrogen and 960 kg of magnesium… at 500 º C.

5 Likes

I suspected it…

5 Likes

It’s time to go to bed, and I’m going early today, i swear. Nighties lovelies!

Also: Rocket Labs gives out more details on their next rocket, the Neutron

Those fairings/doors look like a James Bond film… and will be interesting to know what kind of temperatures they expect on reentry, and how in heavens would a composite matherial withstand such temperatures… :thinking:

5 Likes

Was always a fan of this low-budget sci-fi show.

imdb 6.5.

5 Likes

Its all nice and good in presentation, but it would take at least few years untill they have something they can test. Just have to look like the Spacex struggled with landing their own rockets, to get right it takes many prototypes. Nobody does it in first try. The devil is in the small things.

4 Likes

4 Likes

LAGL lives! \o/

4 Likes

You live! \o/

I just finished watching Red Notice. It was fun, fun, fun.

4 Likes

So, it’s this time of day again, and I’m going to sleep again… and say: nighties lovelies!

Also: NASA wants proposals for space stations and has selected three companies to work on it

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-selects-companies-to-develop-commercial-destinations-in-space

I feel like Blue Origins might win. Northrop Grumman proposal is too conservative and Nanolabs’ too unconvnetional. But, what do I know? :grin:

4 Likes

This would be better I think, they would have artificial gravity there.

5 Likes
5 Likes

…that structure is such the drama queen, just a little bump and it collapses… at least it didn’t hit the crane.

And, I’m going to bed. Tomorrow we have a holiday in Spain, and wednesday will have another so tuesday and thursday will be like having two mondays in a week… but ti’s two holidays ina week nonetheless. With Christmas being on saturday and St. Stephen’s on Sunday 26th, we’ll be missing to enjoy two holidays (the 26th is a local holiday in Catalonia and some other regions).

Nighties lovelies!

Also: Mars is a jinx planet. On December 2nd 1971 USSR’s lander Mars 3 was the first mission ever to land on Mars in one piece…

…but only after its sister craft Mars 2 crashed, and then Mars 3 started transmiting 90 seconds after landing and failed 20 seconds later for a grand total of 110 seconds of working on Mars’ surface. Was a pity, the explorer rover was cute… :grin:

4 Likes

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

Also: this is a game? I think so, it’s for sale…

https://oskarstalberg.com/Townscaper/

You build towns with it. Set lightning, move around and so on…

4 Likes

5 Likes

This is my smol island

This is my smol palace

5 Likes

Your smol palace is pwetty! :grin:

And now i’m off to bed. Today has been boring as hell at work and last night I dreamed about being late to work among the now-becoming-usual stuff on houses and places to live, as if I needed any reminder that being back at my parents’ isn’t exactly thrilling… :pensive:

Nighties lovelies!

5 Likes

Lighthouse palace

Lighthouse

Rainbow Commune.

Mini island town

Mini island town but different

5 Likes

I agree with Yiole. Your creations are very decent, Nana. How did you add doors to the buildings? I couldn’t find the option for that…or is it automatically added when built properly?

5 Likes

They are added automatically, there are variations of buildings when you add blocks in different places around it. All it is to it is adding more blocks of different colurs, in different places, and then removing some maybe with the right click.

5 Likes