The Like and Get Likes thread III

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

6 Likes

Memory is a funny thing. It for some reason brought up this masterpiece from 2010 FIFA World Cup:

errrrr… I mean this:

6 Likes

Oh god not the BEES!

7 Likes

Space bees are the worst! Imagine you’re an astronaut doing a spacewalk and there’s a bee in your suit!
Happy Cake Day! :partying_face: :cake:

EDIT:

5 Likes

Oh, it is my cake day. Neat! I forgot about that!

7 Likes

Also, Shakira (by courtesy of Ishtanchuk) :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

7 Likes

Happy Cake Day! :birthday:

7 Likes

Timezone lovelies. :heart:

Today is another day, therefore another chance.

6 Likes

…and now a tip from my latest dream! If you ever encounter a couple of “nori girls” and find them fascinating enough to wish a picture of them, and refuse to use their golden plastic camera because that way you’ll depend on them sending you the picture, so you want to snap a picture with your own device, make sure your device doesn’t wnats to update while the precious little window of opportunity runs out and the grils shy away so you can’t photograph them.

Bonus: I don’t even know what a “nori girl” is supposed to be. Apparently “nori” is the seaweed used for sushi, and In my dream “nori girls” were Asian chicks wearing golden color shorts, white t-shirts, a short golden jacket on top of the t-shirt, short hair and fancy makeup. Very 80s.

Seriously, my dreams are growing funky. The film/story/dream continued telling that I “made it in time to the next stop” because the girls drove me and my partner (??) in “the fastest Mini in town”. Just it wasn’t a Mini, but a bright red SEAT 600. Like this, but in bright red:

imagen

Add on that I was apparently touring Germany(?) with an unidentified partner(??) and the dream ended after finding a functioning but non-usable oddly designed old toilet (???) in… somewhere.

Nighties lovelies. May your dreams make sense!

Also: metal-air batteries are as old as batteries get…

Retrieving the spoiled metal will consume a nasty amount of energy, way more than the battery generates. They’re un-ecological and poorly useful.

6 Likes

I can’t believe it for (thebutcher)pete’s sake! My pet Fedo ate my USB flash drive! Guess I’m having Fedo for dinner tonight.

Timezone lovelies!

6 Likes

海苔 or のり or ノリ is Nori, and its seaweed. 糊 is pronounced Nori too, and its “paste” like paste in tubes, Nori can be also starch. You cant know without seeing the text or context.

Looks like it was another wave of fashion.
That was the recent wave:

The car is really nice looking, something like Fiat 500 from Lupin the 3rd: Castle of Cagliostro.

6 Likes

Well, the SEAT 600 was a Spanish licensed copy of the FIAT 600. It was the first widely manufactured and sold middle-class car, a sign of wealth coming to Spain which was a dirt poor country on the aftermath of the Spanish Civil War and the isolation years after WW2, the only kind-of-fascist regime standing in Europe after the war.

As for nori girls… just random stuff in a random dream.

And now i’m off to bed. Installed my new HDD, moved back the stuff from the external drive and installed back some games so I’ll call it a day. Nighties lovelies!

Also: didn’t knew of this shameful story…

The devil had a field day that day… all but three of the survivors survived by leaving behind to die every woman and child aboard the ship. :facepalm:

8 Likes

:scream:
First time hearing about that sinking. Looks like a real carnage on sea.

6 Likes

Looks like the kind of story too embarrassing to be popular. After all, it was the damned US Congress who mandated Collins Line to sail full speed at all times… I guess there’s another embarrassing story behind this.

Anyway I liked the unexpected twist with the eventual fate of the Vesta… “in rust we trust” and nothing like an iron hull and 4 compartments to keep you afloat after being stomped by a ship 10x heavier and losing your fore. She made it to port after surviving both the collision and a gale…

6 Likes

Bulid like a tank!

5 Likes

My Spreadsheat Doesn’t Do that!

Introduction to Microsoft Excel 1992

9 Likes

Well, CCP’s Excel Online has a spaceships game around it… beat that! :grin:

(But now i’m going to bed) Which doesn’t means the same as sleeping, last night was awful… nighties lovelies!

8 Likes

Kind of like the Excel 97 Easter Egg - Flight Simulation?

8 Likes

Computer skill level: KILL MACHINE. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Even mouse cant slip thru their security system. Literally. :ok_hand:

5 Likes