The like and get likes thread

some nice guy bought me a leopard…I like!

11 Likes

10 Likes

I didn’t want to like that, but this is a like get like post, can you please not make us sad here?

11 Likes

Like me anyways please, but anyone remember wrestlemania 6 with Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior as main event? That’s when wrestling was cheesy but cool…now it’s just cheese.

11 Likes

OK, now I have a doubt about English: is there an idiom in English to mean you’re helping somebody out of a trouble he put himself into even as helping him could be bad for you?

I’ve found “to take the chestnuts out of the fire”, but it sounds weird, as that would be the literal translation of the Spanish idiom “sacar las castañas del fuego”…

10 Likes

Maybe advocate?

11 Likes

Its from that fable, these castanas.

10 Likes

Wow nice work Nana! I see that’s the case… it just sounded weird because I didn’t pictured English people roasting chestnuts on a fire, but then if it’s from a fable, it makes sense.

10 Likes

pewpew

Join our alliance! We’re setting up in the middle of the map Discord

Did you post it over in the Caturday thread?

10 Likes

There is a lot of wisom in those fables. :thinking:

http://www.la-fontaine-ch-thierry.net/fablanglais.htm

10 Likes

I would just call it RIP and move somewhere to the corner :anguished:

I once was in the middle of map in this browser game called Tribal Wars

and everyone was attacking me from all sides, so i moved on the different sever and there was a cozy place in the corner where my little kingdom could at last grow stronk.

10 Likes

You think we’re weak? :stuck_out_tongue:

We’re elite EVE pvpers! Alliance name is Band of Brothers.

10 Likes

But I only want to farm pirate npcs for ISK and dank loot now. :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Tribes… Travian… What was the difference between those two again? I mean, this one is similar in a way too but for now I can only remember the time period being the main difference between these 3 games lol

@Linus_Gorp Oh cool, I don’t use Discord tho, it hates my pc.

10 Likes

There was also OGame. Everywhere was a click fest where you had to build buildings in a sequence to build army and attack other cities, planets, players. Who had more free time and more friends and could play from work had better chances to survive. I stopped playing it after My little kingdom became so stronk and joined some big alliance it became boring, and too much time was spend for managing it all. I just gave it away in the end and played Age Of Conan instead, open PvP server. Then I joined some big alliance there and we were doing raids, and then it became boring, because it were always the same raids and the same people to fight, and then I found EVE and it is the game I play for all those years to this day. Meanwhile there were also other games, but not to the extend of time spent in EVE I think. EVE have this elasticity I like. It doesnt push me to do a lot of things. But I always can get in and do some multihour session.

10 Likes

There was also the fact you could pay for boosts, pretty much handing you out an advantage in resource production

I hope this one, Starborne, doesn’t follow that route. Players can gang me up all they want, but knowing it was without these silly boosts then its all good.

10 Likes

It was freaky how many of the things she cooked with brains that actually looked delicious :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Looks like Geralt found a girdle of gender change from BG.

:ok_hand:

10 Likes

The lord of lands is comming to fix a few things around the house.

10 Likes

I think he should keep wearing it :smile:

10 Likes